• 105(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2017-06-17, 18:05)Julipo Wrote: Yes, this section has a lot of hotkeys, but I (and suppose that nobody) uses all of this.

Well, that's the endless settings debate: how much is enough? What's the most we can include without inducing settings fatigue? That's what I'm trying to figure out, so I'd like to hear what actions you think should be configurable.
Well, you case see me binds in previous post, but it has some things that I rarely use.

I use a lot save and load state, and almost a lot the increase and decrease save state slot.

Them I have the mute and toggle full screen, but I use this in puntual moments (for example, have a steam in background and I can check the image with the full screen toggle and audio with the mute, bit is very personal this use)

I think that the screenshot is more useful for everyone, but I rarely use it. I have a fast forward binds too, but I don't use it, it goes very fast.

Of course, the menu is essential.

So, in summary: save, load and slot select for save states and screenshot are the things that I consider important. If you have fast forward implemented, I suppose that this need a button too (toggle), and the same with rewind (push to rewind and release to stop if have a good granularity to do a rewind animation, if not, press to go to previous rewind state)
I've merged the RetroPie settings with the ones you've been using and came up with the following joystick.xml:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenGame>
    <joystick profile="game.controller.default">
      <start holdtime="1000">OSD</start>
      <back holdtime="1000">OSD</back>
      <guide>OSD</guide>
      <a hotkey="back">Screenshot</a>
      <b hotkey="back">PlayerControl(Reset)</b>
      <x hotkey="back">OSD</x>
      <y hotkey="back">ToggleFullScreen</y>
      <start hotkey="back">Stop</start>
      <rightbumper hotkey="back">Save</rightbumper>
      <leftbumper hotkey="back">Load</leftbumper>
      <righttrigger hotkey="back">AnalogFastForward</righttrigger>
      <lefttrigger hotkey="back">AnalogRewind</lefttrigger>
      <right hotkey="back">SaveSlotIncrease</right>
      <left hotkey="back">SaveSlotDecrease</left>
      <leftstick direction="left" hotkey="back">SaveSlotDecrease</leftstick>
      <leftstick direction="right" hotkey="back">SaveSlotIncrease</leftstick>
    </joystick>
  </FullscreenGame>
</keymap>

Thanks for posting your configuration, it really rounded out the RetroPie config quite nicely. How do you feel about these hotkeys? Are there any more that are missing? We have a free right analog stick...
Is there a simple way to make a favorites list?

What about lists for...

2 Player Games
4 Player Games
Pinball Games
Lightgun Games
Shumps (Shoot Em Ups) Games
Driving Games
Sports Games
That would be part of a game library feature, like with the video library (movies, TV shows). No work has started on the game library yet, and it will be a while before it's implemented, as far as I know. Check out the IARL thread in this subforum. It's the closest thing to a library we have right now.
(2017-06-21, 17:50)Powerhouse Wrote: Is there a simple way to make a favorites list?

What about lists for...

2 Player Games
4 Player Games
Pinball Games
Lightgun Games
Shumps (Shoot Em Ups) Games
Driving Games
Sports Games

Once there is a library, you could use the Nodes or smart playlist feature for this.
(2017-06-21, 17:50)Powerhouse Wrote: Is there a simple way to make a favorites list?

For the time being I'm just using the main Kodi "Add To Favorites" for games. You can use smart playlists for shows/movies, so I just use my favorites list for games.
(2017-06-22, 09:52)docwra Wrote: Once there is a library, you could use the Nodes or smart playlist feature for this.

More than a year ahead of you Wink https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commit/bd7b41a

Nodes are just another interface to the game library. It'll be a while before we have this, but we can start thinking about nodes we want to provide. I've thought of the following:
  • Platform
  • Genre
  • Title
  • Year
  • Developer
  • Publisher
  • Tags
  • Saved games

Anything I'm missing?
Exciting things happening!
It seems to me like configuring any type of controller to have button combos and long presses is a pretty complicated thing that mostly advanced users would be doing... Would it be crazy to have a binary toggle or two in the settings for "use joystick.xml" and then advanced users can do everything from there?
My suggestions:

Franchise or serie (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Persona, Final Fantasy, The King of Fighters,...)
region (USA, Japan, Europe ...),
rating age (ESRB, CERO, PEGI,...) and
number of players (1 player, 2 players, support online multiplayer,...).
+1 for franchise or serie
For those kind of things you are probably going to need a metadata source site, and scraping. Series groups are already stored on these sites and i'm sure its available from the API's.

Python scrapers should help with this a lot.
I wonder ... because @the moment using retroplayer is rather complicated are you going to provide some documentation for end users at the wiki?
(2017-06-28, 18:08)Szymon_Zy Wrote: I wonder ... because @the moment using retroplayer is rather complicated are you going to provide some documentation for end users at the wiki?

You mean this section of the wiki? It has a decent amount of information at the moment. Things are still so up in the air that it doesn't make sense to write a bunch of documentation yet. Retroplayer isn't quite ready for end users yet, but it's getting closer, especially with some recent PR's coming down the pipe. Maybe after the game library is implemented it will be easy enough for end users to get up and running.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16