• 117(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Nobody has problems with keyboard as control?

I load a rom and see that arrow keys works and keys z and x as a/b in Game Boy Color. But I ca't find any other key (select or start, of course, I tried Enter). I closed the rom and load it again and then nothing worked, until it react (i don't know how), but after close the rom and load it again, it start not reacting again (to my input).

I see the controller page and it has a default "Kodi" controller, so I tried to remap the buttons, but some times the countdown ended intead of go to next key. I can't rebind / bind my keyboard to ensure that the controller are ok, but without do this configuration, I can't do the directions + z x keys always

----------------- EDIT:

Ok, I found some behavior:

If I have Kodi in full screen, I need to click enter 1 o 2 seconds to do a "Start". Very annoying.

But whan happened in other test is that I had Kodi in windowed mode and in that mode it ignores all my presses: I opened Kodi (in windowed mode) and RetroPlayer ignored me. I click º button (to toggle full screen) and in that moment intro (after 2 seconds) , z, x and arrows worked.

--------------- EDIT 2:
Nop, fullscreen seems that is not the problem. I closed the rom and load it again and I can't get control. Here is the log with all thist test (including moments with control and moments without):
https://pastebin.com/EjiaW5W3
(2017-10-12, 02:30)garbear Wrote: I updated the download links. The builds still might crash on open.

(2017-10-11, 17:24)Julipo Wrote: And any hope top have some kind of support to automatic extract (like RetroArch or, I supose, other emulators that their core have no support for zip files, but the emulator yes)? Because is a very big handicap that this can only execute zipped roms if the core have VFS support.

The problem with automatic extraction is that it has to be implemented by each frontend. If we added VFS support directly to the emulator, all frontends would benefit.

Both are possible solutions, it's just a question of which strategy is worth putting time into.

Yes, go to the right path is a good thing, but the problems will be that RetroPlayer will be launched in some moths and they are almost 1/2 of cores without VFS compatibility (no one for Sega Megadrive/Genesis!) when any other emulator have support, including RetroArch, that extracts the roms from zip and 7zip (at least).

I was reading this: https://github.com/libretro/libretro-com...-328227074
And this point:
Quote:
  1. The goal is not, has never been, and will never be, for every core to use this. Most need_fullpath=false cores have no reason to touch this thing, and some cores are too badly written to be able to use it.

Seems that indicates that the goal isn't have VFS in every core, so this implies that Kodi will have no support to load zipped roms to that cores.

But well, I supose that you might have your IRC chats with libretro devels.
(2017-10-15, 12:00)Julipo Wrote: Seems that indicates that the goal isn't have VFS in every core, so this implies that Kodi will have no support to load zipped roms to that cores.

Development has differed from libretro in a few different areas. For example, our controller support is pretty different. Simply because they are doing something doesn't mean we'll also do that.
(2017-10-15, 18:28)natethomas Wrote:
(2017-10-15, 12:00)Julipo Wrote: Seems that indicates that the goal isn't have VFS in every core, so this implies that Kodi will have no support to load zipped roms to that cores.

Development has differed from libretro in a few different areas. For example, our controller support is pretty different. Simply because they are doing something doesn't mean we'll also do that.

Are you saying that Kodi will have (or already have) their own cores? Because I supose that this will make hard have updated cores (and libretro team already have some negative comments because some cores are outdated from the upstream emulator)
(2017-10-15, 20:50)Julipo Wrote: Are you saying that Kodi will have (or already have) their own cores? Because I supose that this will make hard have updated cores (and libretro team already have some negative comments because some cores are outdated from the upstream emulator)

The only thing I'm saying is we do things differently sometimes if it's for improving ease of use, so making assumptions about retroplayer development based on the decisions of the main project isn't always a good idea.
Is anyone else having issues controlling media playback with RetroPlayer 18 alpha1 2017-10-06?

It seems that at least the stop button doesn't work on my remotes on two different machines...one x86 and the other x64.

Should I go to the previous build?
I've noticed some issues with RetroPlayer in latest Milhouse Builds (maybe earlier, but just updated yesterday).

On Raspberry

- With Genesis emulator "Genesis Plus GX" I can nothing control with my joypad. In kodi settings the joypad is configured. "PicoDrive" don't start an get a error message.
- With ScummVM I get sound but no video. Only a black screen.

On ODroid C2

- With Genesis emulator "Genesis Plus GX" I get no Sound and no video. Only black screen und Kodi crash after an few seconds

Could provide logfiles at evening. But maybe someone else have this issues too.
Just a short FYI: I bought the 8bitdo N30 Arcade Stick and it can be used to play Gameboy, NES and SNES Games on the latest @Milhouse builds! Thanks everybody!
http://www.8bitdo.com/n30-arcade-stick/

IF someone else tries to get it to work:

To get the best result connect it with the Windows Mode of the controller (XINPUT MODE and then START the controller).
Nintendo Switch Mode doesnt work, MAC does connect but I cant get it to work, Android works as well but the mapping isnt working great

With "Windows Mode" I could use all buttons and it works as expected!

@garbear: is there any way to add an Arcade Stick Controller Profil? I wanted to use the stick to play some Arcade games, but couldnt find a good Arcade Controller Profile. Did I miss any?
(2017-10-16, 16:15)debennett2 Wrote: Is anyone else having issues controlling media playback with RetroPlayer 18 alpha1 2017-10-06?

It seems that at least the stop button doesn't work on my remotes on two different machines...one x86 and the other x64.

Should I go to the previous build?

Can you post a debug log?

(2017-10-20, 09:07)nexusle Wrote: - With Genesis emulator "Genesis Plus GX" I can nothing control with my joypad.

Can you post a debug log? I'll try this emulator in the next few days.

(2017-10-20, 09:07)nexusle Wrote: "PicoDrive" don't start an get a error message.

This might be because a BIOS is required. I'll try to reproduce.

(2017-10-20, 09:07)nexusle Wrote: - With ScummVM I get sound but no video. Only a black screen.

I'll try to reproduce in the next few days

(2017-10-20, 09:07)nexusle Wrote: On ODroid C2

- With Genesis emulator "Genesis Plus GX" I get no Sound and no video. Only black screen und Kodi crash after an few seconds

I don't have an ODriod to test on. Does this work on RPi?

(2017-10-21, 00:25)linkinsoldier Wrote: Just a short FYI: I bought the 8bitdo N30 Arcade Stick and it can be used to play Gameboy, NES and SNES Games on the latest @Milhouse builds! Thanks everybody!
http://www.8bitdo.com/n30-arcade-stick/

IF someone else tries to get it to work:

To get the best result connect it with the Windows Mode of the controller (XINPUT MODE and then START the controller).
Nintendo Switch Mode doesnt work, MAC does connect but I cant get it to work, Android works as well but the mapping isnt working great

With "Windows Mode" I could use all buttons and it works as expected!

@garbear: is there any way to add an Arcade Stick Controller Profil? I wanted to use the stick to play some Arcade games, but couldnt find a good Arcade Controller Profile. Did I miss any?

Arcade games are tricky, because there's no one single profile. How would this work?
Hello, I am running OSMC leia nightly builds and I am unable to make my steam controller working. Does it work in libreelec? Or does it work at all with kodi? Thank you.
(2017-10-21, 10:13)gnaag Wrote: Hello, I am running OSMC leia nightly builds and I am unable to make my steam controller working. Does it work in libreelec? Or does it work at all with kodi? Thank you.

My steam controller driver is still a work-in-progress. There is a Python driver that OSMC and LE might be using.
(2017-10-21, 21:35)garbear Wrote:
(2017-10-21, 10:13)gnaag Wrote: Hello, I am running OSMC leia nightly builds and I am unable to make my steam controller working. Does it work in libreelec? Or does it work at all with kodi? Thank you.

My steam controller driver is still a work-in-progress. There is a Python driver that OSMC and LE might be using.

Thanks. I have managed to make https://github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller work.
(2017-10-09, 20:00)garbear Wrote:
(2017-10-09, 10:56)ghizzu Wrote: Also, I've managed to play MAME games, using mame_libretro.dll from retroarch. Some games work well, while others show the shifted lines behaviour already mentioned.

I've noticed this too, but couldn't track down the issue yet. Raster lines shift 16 pixels to the left each line, but I can't locate where in the code this is happening. It's weird that some games from MAME work, but others don't. Also, the problem only occurs on windows - RPi seems to work fine.

If you choose "alternate render method" in the mame core, the games that showed the "shifted lines" behaviour (for example Gauntlet or Burger Time) work fine. Maybe there are XY resolutions that RetroPlayer doesn't like?

Also, in the DosBox core, with the vgaonly mode the dos screen at startup is shifted, but with the svga modes is good. But, in both cases, when the games begin (at least those I've tried) the audio can be heard, but the screen remains black.
(2017-10-26, 10:21)ghizzu Wrote:
(2017-10-09, 20:00)garbear Wrote:
(2017-10-09, 10:56)ghizzu Wrote: Also, I've managed to play MAME games, using mame_libretro.dll from retroarch. Some games work well, while others show the shifted lines behaviour already mentioned.

I've noticed this too, but couldn't track down the issue yet. Raster lines shift 16 pixels to the left each line, but I can't locate where in the code this is happening. It's weird that some games from MAME work, but others don't. Also, the problem only occurs on windows - RPi seems to work fine.

If you choose "alternate render method" in the mame core, the games that showed the "shifted lines" behaviour (for example Gauntlet or Burger Time) work fine. Maybe there are XY resolutions that RetroPlayer doesn't like?

Also, in the DosBox core, with the vgaonly mode the dos screen at startup is shifted, but with the svga modes is good. But, in both cases, when the games begin (at least those I've tried) the audio can be heard, but the screen remains black.

Can you open issues at the repos under https://github.com/kodi-game ? I'll look into this when I'm back from DevCon in a week or so.
I'm not a programmer and I've never used github before, but I can try. Should I open one issue per core or open a single issue in game.libretro repo or in repository.kodi.game (since the display issues seem somewhat related to the renderer)?
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16