• 119(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Did anybody manage to get metal slug running? I bought it on ps2 (no longer runs on my ps3) and since it an old classic I would love to get it running... Any one succeeded to get it running on kodi? Which emulator did you use?
(2017-11-12, 10:29)linkinsoldier Wrote: Did anybody manage to get metal slug running? I bought it on ps2 (no longer runs on my ps3) and since it an old classic I would love to get it running... Any one succeeded to get it running on kodi? Which emulator did you use?

I got metal slug running with Final Burn Alpha, but there was a bug and my controller was hardcoded to player 2. I couldn't get MAME to compile for android, but I haven't tried compiling any of the yearly releases yet (MAME 2016 looks promising)
Is there a way we can get updated cores in RP? I'm using Milhouse 9.0 LE builds.
SNES is almost unplayable or has justa black screen with SuperBomberman3, tried all available emulators
Libretro updated their cores lately: https://www.libretro.com/index.php/core-...t-release/
Thx
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
The, I will give it a try on my libreeelec rpi3 installation!

Snes emulation works great for me on the Rpi3 with milhouse build, use snes 2002
KodiSetup-20171110-b5163e2-retroplayer-18alpha1-x64.exe crashes for me:

log: https://pastebin.com/sKgTErGB
dump: https://filebin.net/7j3td0u9rvw7z53h
(2017-11-12, 18:27)Solo0815 Wrote: Is there a way we can get updated cores in RP? I'm using Milhouse 9.0 LE builds.

I asked lrusak to rebuild game add-ons for LE9.

(2017-11-12, 18:27)Solo0815 Wrote: SNES is almost unplayable or has justa black screen with SuperBomberman3, tried all available emulators
Thx

(2017-11-12, 18:42)linkinsoldier Wrote: Snes emulation works great for me on the Rpi3 with milhouse build, use snes 2002

SNES 2002 is optimized for ARM. I don't think any other SNES emulators can run on the Pi.

Which addresses the question of emulator defaults. The problem is, who's going to go through and test every emulator on every system with multiple games?
(2017-11-12, 20:45)chiefwigms Wrote: KodiSetup-20171110-b5163e2-retroplayer-18alpha1-x64.exe crashes for me:

log: https://pastebin.com/sKgTErGB
dump: https://filebin.net/7j3td0u9rvw7z53h

Sorry, build is Windows 10 only. Windows 7 crashes on startup after UWP was merged 10 days ago.
(2017-11-12, 21:24)garbear Wrote: SNES is almost unplayable or has justa black screen with SuperBomberman3, tried all available emulators
(2017-11-12, 18:42)linkinsoldier Wrote: Snes emulation works great for me on the Rpi3 with milhouse build, use snes 2002

SNES 2002 is optimized for ARM. I don't think any other SNES emulators can run on the Pi.

Which addresses the question of emulator defaults. The problem is, who's going to go through and test every emulator on every system with multiple games? 
I tried SNES2002 and it is working so far, except for SuperBomberman ROMs. I tried SuperBomberman 1, 3 and 4. All are starting, but I can't get the Gamepad to work. It is working on other games.
Maybe it is the "Gamepad is mapped to Player 2"-bug? I'll wait for the PlayerManager and will try again.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2017-11-12, 21:24)garbear Wrote: SNES 2002 is optimized for ARM. I don't think any other SNES emulators can run on the Pi.
RetroPie say:RetroPie comes included with multiple SNES emulators. If you have a Pi 2, the preference is lr-snes9x2010 due to better speed and sound emulation. lr-snes9x2002 is recommended for Super FX chip games.

And I can confirm that it has this emulator as default: default="lr-snes9x2010"
with snes9x2010 I have
- a Kodi crash when I run a game and hit "Stop", Kodi does restart
- the same controller bug as mentioned
- a little bit better speed, but it is micro-stuttering from time to time
all together: snes9x2002 is running better on the RPi IMHO (latest Milhouse 9.0)
I tested Snes9x2010 in RetroPie and it goes OK. And I supose that you too can test it with RetroPie, is the default core and people knows that Raspberry Pi can handle SNES in RetroPie (without need to change cores).

Some months ago I had some stuttering problem but was related with power source (I think): I saw the voltage indicator and the game suffered stuttering (I opened a genesis game and it didn't happen, it was executed smooth)

Other day I opened again RetroPie and I had no problem (snes9x, with the same games, played without the voltage indicator and all smooth).

So this is possible that you had a under-clock CPU situation OR that Kodi supose a big overhead (compared to RetroArch in a Raspberry Pi)
Hi, I am testing the libreelec builds on RPi3. I have several issues, I will add them later to git. Now I am just curious why there is no dosbox addon in libreelec. Recently I was trying retroplayer on osmc RPi3 and dosbox was virtually the only plugin that I managed to start. Libreelec is much better, but misses this particular addon.
Hi, can i update my standard android build (recent alpha) with this one, or do i need a clean install ?
(2017-12-02, 13:17)TassLehoff44 Wrote: Hi, can i update my standard android build (recent alpha) with this one, or do i need a clean install ?
 You shouldn't need a clean install, as long as the signing certificates match (and my builds are by jenkins so that shouldn't be an issue).
Ok, thanks Smile

I use Estuary Mod skin, is it ok ?

Also i have a Nvidia Shield v2017 with it's controller, a 8bitdo F30 Pro controller and a wireless x360 controller with a chinese dongle.
So if you need specific test, just ask Wink
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16