• 132(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2018-03-10, 20:30)garbear Wrote: Crash is being worked on. I'll try to post builds when the fix is in. I'm at Embedded Linux Conference in Portland next week, I should be able to kick jenkins on the road.
 Hi @garbear , the fix has been merged into xbmc master, would you please make a test build? Thanks!
@xodi the seg fault has been fixed by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13631
It seems that PR13373 simply triggered a multi-threading accident waiting to happen since PR8766
(2018-03-11, 18:31)OmnD Wrote: I tried the refresh repo fix as described in this post, but I am still unable to install Libretro Compatibility with the same error. (It does show up as 1.0.36.106)
 It seems like correct version for me. What is the error?
(2018-03-12, 10:10)DaveBlake Wrote: @xodi the seg fault has been fixed by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13631
It seems that PR13373 simply triggered a multi-threading accident waiting to happen since PR8766
Thanks! I tested several hours and many files with the xbmc master build, this fix works very well. Wish @garbear can make a RetroPlayer build soon.
Hey guys! I'm at Embedded Linux Conference in Portland this week so it might be a few days before I can do builds. Check back later this week!
Uploaded a round of builds with the playback-crash-with-login-window fix backported.
@garbear I know your busy but both the links to the Android builds give the following message

"this goo.gl shortlink has been disabled. It was found to be violating our Terms of Service. Click here and here for more information about our terms and policies respectively."
(2018-03-16, 00:07)flipside101 Wrote: @garbear I know your busy but both the links to the Android builds give the following message

"this goo.gl shortlink has been disabled. It was found to be violating our Terms of Service. Click here and here for more information about our terms and policies respectively."
 fixed
@garbear
Sorry to bother you but I can't install the latest arm64 build on my Shield.
It says that the file is corrupt when I try installing it.
Am I the only one?
Thanks!!

#Edit#
Got it to download and install today. Dunno what happened. It's strange also. This version seems to have a lot of games not working. I get a lot of "the emulator arcade (fb alpha) had an internal error" or just a black screen (when trying to play Classic arcade games like Pac-Man or Donkey Kong)... These used to work fine a couple of versions back.
on windows i download "pSX Emulator"
i put bios and roms in the folders
i double click on "psxfin.exe" and ... ...
it works. Smile
(2018-03-12, 19:46)xodi Wrote:
(2018-03-12, 10:10)DaveBlake Wrote: @xodi the seg fault has been fixed by https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13631
Thanks! I tested several hours and many files with the xbmc master build, this fix works very well. Wish @garbear can make a RetroPlayer build soon. 
 Hi guys sorry to bother i upgrade my 17.6 krypton with the alpha kodi-20180308-d366eb41-retroplayer-18alpha1-armeabi-v7a.apk for my android box, but i get most of the time a crash when a playback ends. I also can't make games start (i m using retroarch to make them work), but that doesn't bother me. I just read that other users report the crash after playback, i just would like to know if there some kind of setting that i could use to make it work, or anything. Unfortunally in the log file i don't see anything useful.

I also have another problem about controllers. I tried 2 types of controller, a wireless one and a wired one of different brands, and i get the same problem:
i can use them and map them, but there are some buttons that are already mapped in the Android OS that makes system applications start (for example the "B" button always open the system browser) , so how could i override those map and make them work (already mapped in kodi or retroarch)?
A crash after playback was fixed after my 18alpha1 test build, so it will likely make it into the next build. The problem with mapping buttons in Android is known and I'm working on a fix. Hoping to get this in by the final release, which should be within the next few months.
hi guys

bit late to the party. but i whas playing around with rom collection but with no succes. its been a very long time i used kodi. i lved it from day one but with family and work to busy. but
now i saw this and its looking great and i got a few questions. may i ask them?

so there are many pages now so i think its been ask before.

1- what emulators systems are supported? 
2 fan art and clear logo art like when browsing movies?
3 is it a bit the same like lakka from libretro? because if so you guys did a way beter job.
Already number 3. That's just great.
4 is it possible to add theme music when browsing games?
5 can we add external exe files like pcsx2?
thanks guys and ill try the aplha soon.
(2018-05-09, 23:42)tris20 Wrote: 1- what emulators systems are supported?
It depends on the OS / platform you are using. You can have a look on Game add-ons list (official wiki). I think it is not totally up-to-date, but it is almost complete.
(2018-05-09, 23:42)tris20 Wrote: 2 fan art and clear logo art like when browsing movies?
Not directly in retroplayer yet, but you can use IARL addon, that has this kind of support for remote files at internet archive. On your local games you would have to create s repository for this addon
(2018-05-09, 23:42)tris20 Wrote: 3 is it a bit the same like lakka from libretro? because if so you guys did a way beter job.
It is based on libretro and libretro cores and it is (obviously) part of Kodi (previously XBMC) - multimedia center.
(2018-05-09, 23:42)tris20 Wrote: 4 is it possible to add theme music when browsing games?
No. Such feature is not part of Kodi (AFAIK). If you want it, it has to be added to Kodi and subsequently it would be possible to use it in Retroplayer. Or maybe there is some addon for kodi that has such feature, but I don't know about it.
(2018-05-09, 23:42)tris20 Wrote: 5 can we add external exe files like pcsx2?
Not directly in Retroplayer AFAIK. But with IARL addon you can probably add external loaders (obviously exe files would be working just on windows builds of Kodi).

Note: I am not an author neither a coder of this addon. I am just a happy user.
Is anyone able to get Retroplayer to run on the newest LibreELEC Leia nightlies? My Intel NUC just crashes everytime on build #402 and later (older builds work OK). Here is a log: https://pastebin.com/kJ7QvM5e
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16