• 147(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
No, cores were moved to a repo (which isnt done yet) so not much point in a release without cores
(2018-11-03, 20:17)garbear Wrote: No, cores were moved to a repo (which isnt done yet) so not much point in a release without cores

Was there not other updates?

I keep getting an annoying Kodi pop up advising me a newer beta is out 🙄
https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-beta-5
(2018-11-05, 11:31)Rechi Wrote: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-beta-5

But the binary libretro core addons are still not in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/. I know you are working on it right now, can you please give a rought estimate of when the libretro addons could be downloaded? For example, "they will be available in RC1". I would like to know this to prepare next Advanced Emulator Launcher version.
Once they are in the binary repo they will be available for all versions since Kodi 18.0 Beta 4.

If that is before or after 18.0 RC1 is released, I don't know.
(2018-11-02, 18:57)SuperSheep81 Wrote:
(2018-11-01, 18:12)garbear Wrote:
(2018-11-01, 16:24)SuperSheep81 Wrote: Can someone take a look at my problem, please? 
 I looked at the log and traced it through the source code, but couldn't identify where Kodi could be crashing. Does the save file exist? Can you try deleting it and trying again?   

No, there is no save file. Can I do something to give you more info?   
 @garbear 

Hello,

I wanted to contribute in the solution of the problem and I think I found a solution.
I reinstalled my machine to find out if games will start and it works like a charm. When I change the interface language of kodi to Dutch, Kodi hangs when starting a game. When I disabled the Dutch language (so it was English again) The game opened.
(2018-11-05, 12:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote: But the binary libretro core addons are still not in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/. I know you are working on it right now, can you please give a rought estimate of when the libretro addons could be downloaded? For example, "they will be available in RC1". I would like to know this to prepare next Advanced Emulator Launcher version. 
 Now I see these cores in the repos. Probably now they are available?! Smile
(2018-11-06, 12:27)davidl77 Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 12:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote: But the binary libretro core addons are still not in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/leia/. I know you are working on it right now, can you please give a rought estimate of when the libretro addons could be downloaded? For example, "they will be available in RC1". I would like to know this to prepare next Advanced Emulator Launcher version. 
 Now I see these cores in the repos. Probably now they are available?! Smile

Yeah, some of the binary addons already on the repo! They should work and I will try later in a Windows computer to see if they run correctly Smile
Tested Leia Beta 5 on Win64 architecture and downloaded the available libretro cores as Kodi addons.

I tried a couple of SNES ROMs and everything works like a charm! Thank you all for the hard work Smile

I tested both ROMs in the local filesystem and in a SAMBA remote, for uncompressed ROMs.

1) For the local filesystem and SNES sfc files, Bettle SNES core (and may others) are available.

2) However, for the remote SAMBA filesystem, Bettle SNES core is not available but others are, like Snes9x.

EDIT: same thing happens if you try to run a zipped ROM.

Not all the cores have virtual filesystem implemented (VFS) I guess? In any case, I'm working hard on next AEL version which will have complete support for ROMs, metadata (NFO files) and artwork in Kodi supported remotes (currently AEL requires both ROM and artwork to be on a locally mounted filesystem).
It could be very useful to run a rom from a Samba server.
What is the "state of the art" at this moment? How is it possibile?
(2018-11-06, 16:27)davidl77 Wrote: It could be very useful to run a rom from a Samba server.
What is the "state of the art" at this moment? How is it possibile?

It works for some cores (snex9x) but not for other cores (bettle_bsnes).

If you use an external emulator all ROMs must be on a local filesystem.

I think RCB has an option to download ROMs in remotes to a local directory (I'm not 100% sure) when launching external emus. IAGL downloads all ROMs from the Internet Archive to a local directory. AEL now requires both ROMs and artwork to be on local directories but that limitation will be removed soon (if you use an external emu with AEL, ROMs always must be on a local directory, artwork could be in a remote).
I really do personally think Kodi should only support ZIP files and create a standard way of storing and playing Roms, even if that means restricting some emulators for now.

I'm all making systems extensible, but this is going to be confusing for end users. HTPC's should be about standards and ease of use, it should "just work".

Where standards are made, others will follow.

Of course just my opinion Smile
(2018-11-06, 17:35)docwra Wrote: I really do personally think Kodi should only support ZIP files and create a standard way of storing and playing Roms, even if that means restricting some emulators for now.

I'm all making systems extensible, but this is going to be confusing for end users. HTPC's should be about standards and ease of use, it should "just work".

I totally agree with you about ZIP files. Kodi should be able to run ZIP files with ROMs straight away. However, for some platforms it may not be as easy as it seems.

The "standards" are already there. Retroarch supports and loads ZIP files for all cores. MAME developers strongly encourage using only compressed ROMs.

All in all, Leia is the first Kodi version after long years of development so I think the ZIP file stuff is a small detail. There will be more Kodi versions with new features Smile
(2018-11-06, 17:35)docwra Wrote: I really do personally think Kodi should only support ZIP files and create a standard way of storing and playing Roms, even if that means restricting some emulators for now.

I disagree. Creating a new standards just adds to the list of standards.

You are saying that you want "ease of use", but only after users organize their ROMs the right way. That's not easy to use, and a barrier to entry.

Kodi doesn't care what container video or music files are in. Why should that change for games?
(2018-11-06, 21:02)MrTarantula Wrote: You are saying that you want "ease of use", but only after users organize their ROMs the right way. That's not easy to use, and a barrier to entry.

In Kodi movies/TV series must be named with specific names and/or placed in specific directories. Music files must have the correct tags. That's an entry barrier Smile

(2018-11-06, 21:02)MrTarantula Wrote: Kodi doesn't care what container video or music files are in. Why should that change for games?

Because game ROMs are not video or music files. I wish you good luck auto-detecting arcade ROMs from No-Intro ROMs among the 30,000 there are.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16