• 148(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2018-11-07, 09:38)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-11-06, 21:02)MrTarantula Wrote: You are saying that you want "ease of use", but only after users organize their ROMs the right way. That's not easy to use, and a barrier to entry.

In Kodi movies/TV series must be named with specific names and/or placed in specific directories. Music files must have the correct tags. That's an entry barrier Smile    

Kodi and its addons have amazing scraping capabilities. The majority of ROMs should be able to be scraped by filename and/or extension.

(2018-11-07, 09:38)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-11-06, 21:02)MrTarantula Wrote: Kodi doesn't care what container video or music files are in. Why should that change for games?

Because game ROMs are not video or music files. I wish you good luck auto-detecting arcade ROMs from No-Intro ROMs among the 30,000 there are.     

I've been following RP development for a while. ROM parsing is a long term goal. See here. 30,000 is a lot, but it's far from insurmountable.

To be clear, I think RP should support zipped ROMs with whatever extra files/metadata they may come with. But I also think that adding a folder full of various ROMs as a Games source should scrape/parse just as well.
(2018-11-07, 17:29)MrTarantula Wrote: To be clear, I think RP should support zipped ROMs with whatever extra files/metadata they may come with. But I also think that adding a folder full of various ROMs as a Games source should scrape/parse just as well. 

Just an update on my life, I'm flying from Los Angeles to San Francisco every week for work now. Now that RP is stable and fully documented I'm stepping back from daily development so that Python add-ons can grow around the base we've built. I expect them to take care of parsing and scraping now, and when I return to RP development I'll move all the successes and best practices from Python add-ons into core.
Thanks @garbear. Enjoy the latest changes in your life and enjoy the break from development.
Thanks for all the hard work @garbear. RP is a huge accomplishment.

Since you're stepping back, what would you like to see in the core for v19 that hasn't been started yet?
Thx for all the work you and others put into RP and Kodi!
Enjoy the break and your life
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2018-11-07, 20:55)MrTarantula Wrote: Since you're stepping back, what would you like to see in the core for v19 that hasn't been started yet?

Game library. That seems to be the most requested feature. People want their artwork and metadata! That's what Kodi is known for after all. That's why it makes sense for Python add-ons to start experimenting with what works and what's needed.
(2018-11-08, 20:08)garbear Wrote: Game library. That seems to be the most requested feature. People want their artwork and metadata! That's what Kodi is known for after all. That's why it makes sense for Python add-ons to start experimenting with what works and what's needed. 
  Does this thread fit your wish? did you know about it?
Hello everyone,

First, garbear, thanks for your hard work: it is a very cool feature to be able to easily run emulators with kodi out of the box. :-)

I'm testing retroplayer on libreelec latest build LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.006 ALPHA and I noticed few bugs:

1) If you go to a rom and then start the process to run the rom: the emulator selection window appears. If, at this point you go back and don't start the rom and then try to run anything else in Kodi (Video, Music...): a popup windows appears saying that kodi wasn't able to find the emulator for this rom and you can't play the video or the music. If you go back to your rom and finish the first process you started and then stop the rom playing ==> It works again, you can play videos, music and so on... So it's a minor bug, but, I guess it's not what you would expect kodi to do.

Once again I'm using kodi 18 beta 3 on libreelec...this may be fixed in new betas (4,5...), but I just wanted to share the issue to help...

2) With Beetle PSX I can run some games with gamepad working fine (for example Crash Team Racing), but a lot of other games don't seem to recognize correctly the gamepad. When I click on any button nothing happens. I tested with many roms:
-FF9
-Broken Sword 2
-Suikoden 2
I have no input in thos games. I tried to reconfigure the gamepad...still not working...I'm using PS2 controllers with USB adapters. I don't have this issue with other emulatore (I tested Genesis, SNES, GBA, PC engine...) only beetle psx seem to have th issue.

Thanks again for your work and do not hesitate to ask me if you need more inputs.
1) This should be solved in beta 5

2) The solution is in this thread or on this forum. When you find it, it would be awesome if you could create a wiki article for the fix. Thanks!
(2018-11-12, 18:27)garbear Wrote: 1) This should be solved in beta 5

2) The solution is in this thread or on this forum. When you find it, it would be awesome if you could create a wiki article for the fix. Thanks!
 Thanks for your quick answer. 

I will dig into the thread for second problem then and see if I have time in coming weeks to look into the wiki. 

Thanks again. :-)
The libretro compability addon does no longer work with the latest libreelec alpha 7 for wetek play 2. Is this known? Should I create a topic in libreelec forum?
(2018-11-12, 13:35)Alucard63 Wrote: 2) With Beetle PSX I can run some games with gamepad working fine (for example Crash Team Racing), but a lot of other games don't seem to recognize correctly the gamepad. When I click on any button nothing happens.
 Some original psx games don't play nice with analog sticks. Smile With BeetlePSX you need to go into the core's settings and set "DualShock analog button toggle" (enabled).
This basically turns off the analog sticks, just like you could do with that type of controller via a button in the middle.
If you need to use the sticks again, lets say "Metal Gear Solid" just reverse that setting to disabled.
It can be done on the fly during the game, so not that big of a deal.
@"Steveb" can you (or someone reading this) document this behavior on the wiki? PS1 directional controls have been asked a bunch. Eventually I'll automate this, but for now some visibility in google search results would be good.
(2018-11-14, 11:23)linkinsoldier Wrote: The libretro compability addon does no longer work with the latest libreelec alpha 7 for wetek play 2. Is this known? Should I create a topic in libreelec forum?
There is already a thread: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/13654-...ependency/
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Didn't see that one, thanks
  • 148(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16