• 6(current)
Kodi client for Media Browser
Sfnetwork Thats the aeon skin which i also use, I did not think that skin would work with this? Would be great to hear if it actually does.

I must say the mb3 server I cant imagine getting much better from an end users perspective.

Its basically what many of us have been asking for but were told xbmc team just not has time right now, this to me would be the solution.

I installed mb3 server, immediately grabbed all artwork for my media without having to install and run additional manual plugins like artwork downloader. For cd artwork as well it grabbed everything, no needing to run cdart plugin. This took a minute and it had a bunch of my artwork automatically added for me.

Then it transcoded my 1:1 mkv rips from bluray and i played them on a seperate desktop pc inside chrome.

This simplifies everything and just works.
(2013-10-28, 16:33)xnappo Wrote: el_cabong and nickr :

Definitely would appreciate any pre-alpha testing and and code contributions.

I made a to-do list at the repo (copied below).

Honestly a lot of them are nice little 1/2 hour to 1 hour tasks if you have some time Smile

xnappo

[ ] Grab user ID automatically
[ ] Grab root directory automatically
[ ] Support multiple users
[ ] Support passwords
[ ] Fix TV browsing
[ ] Add item description metadata
[ ] Add item details metadata (file type, resolution, playtime, etc)
[ ] Add tracking of partial playback
[ ] Add tracking of played items
[ ] De-plexify code (remove all references to PLEXBMC, other than thanks to Hippojay)
[ ] MB3-ify - add MB3 artwork collateral etc
[ ] Document how to add root entry points from main menu to the add-on
[ ] Add 'recently added' support
[ ] Add sorting support
[ ] Add delete support
[ ] Setup repo/addon config so installing PLEXBMC is not required first
[ ] Find server automatically
[ ] Cache more locally (full etree?)
[ ] Determine whether cached is valid (changed on server - add version to cached filename?)
[ ] Work with XMBC devs and MB3 devs to fix chunked-encoding image grabbing (maybe not needed?)

Really nice work your doing. This one especially would be amazing for integration "Document how to add root entry points from main menu to the add-on"

Would music also be supported for music art? MB3 does a great job getting music artwork as well.

And maybe I am getting to far ahead here but would MB3 chapter extraction ever be included? Im not to sure if that would reach to far down a pipeline where skinners and dev's would have to add such a feature to as well?
(2013-10-29, 11:20)Ghostdivision Wrote: Sfnetwork Thats the aeon skin which i also use, I did not think that skin would work with this? Would be great to hear if it actually does.

I must say the mb3 server I cant imagine getting much better from an end users perspective.

Its basically what many of us have been asking for but were told xbmc team just not has time right now, this to me would be the solution.

I installed mb3 server, immediately grabbed all artwork for my media without having to install and run additional manual plugins like artwork downloader. For cd artwork as well it grabbed everything, no needing to run cdart plugin. This took a minute and it had a bunch of my artwork automatically added for me.

Then it transcoded my 1:1 mkv rips from bluray and i played them on a seperate desktop pc inside chrome.

Thanks for the kind words. We have a lot more great things planned so it will continue to keep improving.
(2013-10-29, 11:20)Ghostdivision Wrote: Sfnetwork Thats the aeon skin which i also use, I did not think that skin would work with this? Would be great to hear if it actually does.

Yes, it's MQ5.
Without those skins (MQ5, Ace, etc...), no XBMC for me lol... So it NEEDS to work on those IMO
(2013-10-29, 16:20)sfnetwork Wrote: Yes, it's MQ5.
Without those skins (MQ5, Ace, etc...), no XBMC for me lol... So it NEEDS to work on those IMO

Should work with any skin. New skin development would be needed to support all of the MB3 data though.

Honestly, I don't understand HOW that 300 detail page worked. XBMC cache will not know that that entry in the MB3 plugin list is the same as something cached from browsing files/XBMC library. Only thing I can figure is when MQ5 goes to the detail page, it reads the NFO in the path of the file itself.

Boxset problem is similar to the TV season problem. Will work on that this weekend.

xnappo
(2013-10-29, 16:29)xnappo Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 16:20)sfnetwork Wrote: Yes, it's MQ5.

Should work with any skin. New skin development would be needed to support all of the MB3 data though.

Honestly, I don't understand HOW that 300 detail page worked. XBMC cache will not know that that entry in the MB3 plugin list is the same as something cached from browsing files/XBMC library. Only thing I can figure is when MQ5 goes to the detail page, it reads the NFO in the path of the file itself.

Boxset problem is similar to the TV season problem. Will work on that this weekend.

xnappo

If it's true that it reads the nfo, it's OK too I guess as MB server XBMC saver will create it...
But it also has all cdart, etc... And I'm not sure if you noticed but the images were very low quality...

I'm just brainstorming here, but would it be possible for the client to get all images and metadata from the actual folder (basic xbmc standard) so just the item itself comes from MB server?
When you will fix the user ID thing, I'll test it on clean XBMC environments, etc.. to see what's doing what because this was tested on my actual XBMC where everything was already in it (centralized SQL also).
You don't want it reading the nfo because in theory the xbmc installation may not have direct access to the media folders. That's the idea of using the MB3 api. You might be away from home and want to connect remotely. Plus you'll be potentially missing out on other features.
(2013-10-29, 16:58)lukemb Wrote: You don't want it reading the nfo because in theory the xbmc installation may not have direct access to the media folders. That's the idea of using the MB3 api. You might be away from home and want to connect remotely. Plus you'll be potentially missing out on other features.

ok, makes sense....
We have a new server release that adds the ability to view upcoming & missing episodes. Also, three new plugins in the catalog:

NESBox integration
SNESBox integration
MB Intros - play custom intros before movies

Also we dropped some teasers of our upcoming windows 8.1 client:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...t-teasers/

So the upcoming/missing episodes & custom intros are all relevant here because they're features that are available in the api for every client to utilize. Just two of a long list that could potentially be incorporated.
(2013-10-30, 04:04)lukemb Wrote: We have a new server release that adds the ability to view upcoming & missing episodes. Also, three new plugins in the catalog:

NESBox integration
SNESBox integration
MB Intros - play custom intros before movies

Also we dropped some teasers of our upcoming windows 8.1 client:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...t-teasers/

So the upcoming/missing episodes & custom intros are all relevant here because they're features that are available in the api for every client to utilize. Just two of a long list that could potentially be incorporated.

The intro stuff is really cool, takes skinning and your media presentation to an entire new level. I also like tv show back drop intros play in the background when you select a tv show.

Although I did post on the mb3 forum i would like to see the gamebrowser support this as well like xbmc can currently do for game emulators where when I select a video game it plays a retro clip i have saved on my hard drive.
Hello all. I just wanted to chime in here to put in my vote for this plugin. I am unfortunately not a developer, just a user.

However, I used XBMC from January of this year until I found out about MB3/MBC. I was using it via Windows Media Center (which I really don't like) and then started using Media Portal last week with the MB3 plugin.

However, having this same type of plugin for XBMC would be like a dream come true for me. I am only using Media Portal as it has the Live TV funtionality, but I would like to use XBMC with the Media Portal Live TV plugin and having an MB3 plugin to directly access my server would be totally awesome.

I would love this set up at least until Media Browser Theater gets released (hint, hint Luke! Wink ).

Thanks for your work on this!
When it comes to live TV I have tried them all and none come close to the functionality and ease of use of wmc.

I was using wmc for live TV and xbmc for videos but mb3 has made it possible to use one software for everything. Thanks for the work.
(2013-11-01, 16:06)jasonmcroy Wrote: Hello all. I just wanted to chime in here to put in my vote for this plugin. I am unfortunately not a developer, just a user.

However, I used XBMC from January of this year until I found out about MB3/MBC. I was using it via Windows Media Center (which I really don't like) and then started using Media Portal last week with the MB3 plugin.

However, having this same type of plugin for XBMC would be like a dream come true for me. I am only using Media Portal as it has the Live TV funtionality, but I would like to use XBMC with the Media Portal Live TV plugin and having an MB3 plugin to directly access my server would be totally awesome.

I would love this set up at least until Media Browser Theater gets released (hint, hint Luke! Wink ).

Thanks for your work on this!

Well try the code and report back then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi All,

I am ready for some more testing.

Installation of PleXBMC is no longer needed, and TV Browsing is working.

https://github.com/xnappo/plugin.video.XBMB3C

xnappo
Thanks, this is great to hear. Any ETA for submitting to the official repo? Any chance to open a thread in the add-on part of the forum with a first poster with an overview of the current features. Thanks in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi client for Media Browser3