• 7(current)
Kodi client for Media Browser
(2013-11-03, 17:23)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks, this is great to hear. Any ETA for submitting to the official repo? Any chance to open a thread in the add-on part of the forum with a first poster with an overview of the current features. Thanks in advance!!!

No plans to move into the official repo any time soon - this thing is still pre-alpha really.

Yes - agree I need to start a thread in the add-on part of the forum soon.

xnappo
By the way - it is trivial to add entry points in the main menu - at least with Aeon Nox.

Simply edit the menu, choose 'Video Node' as the type, and browse into the AddOn and select the folder you want.

xnappo

[EDIT]
P.S. I found a bug in yesterday's code that would have kept TV seasons and box set working for anyone except me Smile This is now fixed.
nice work thus far, only have had time to test a few of your updates, but most is working now (browsing and playing). im getting ready to move at the end of this month, but if i have some time il look into a few things and if i make any progress il request a pull on git.
This looks really cool, thanks for working on it.
I thought I'd let you guys know about our new beta that just went up yesterday. What's new is manual image downloading within the metadata editing area. Now you can hand-pick your images based on how they look, resolution, language, user votes, etc. What's cool about this is that it brings all possible sources together into one interface, such as the movie db, tvdb, fanart, etc. Games are even supported. All image types can be downloaded - poster, backdrop, logo, art, disc, thumb, banner, screenshot, box, cartridge, etc.

This is part of our web client, which works well in any modern html-5 enabled browser, and the layout is responsive allowing it to work well with various screen resolutions and orientations.

Hi All,

I have released beta 0.2.

Please move all further discussion here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180

Thanks!
xnappo
Hi First of all love this add on for xbmc. but I am hoping someone can help me I have recently installed Media browser 3 on windows server 2008 rc and all appears to be running great and I have installed XBMB3C add on with windows xbmc frodo 12.2 and have followed the install instructions to the letter the issue I am having is when I try to play a movie or TV show I open the XBM3C add on navigate to the movie I would like to watch now up to this point everything is awesome but once I select the movie I am looking for xbmc starts to open the movie but then just stops I have tried different movies and TV shows but same result the server is running on a home network BUT if I install media server 3 on the same local machine as xbmc and do the same thing it works perfectly just wondering if any one has any advice? please see below for xbmc.log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=93654
(2013-12-05, 13:32)d3mon01 Wrote: Hi First of all love this add on for xbmc. but I am hoping someone can help me I have recently installed Media browser 3 on windows server 2008 rc and all appears to be running great and I have installed XBMB3C add on with windows xbmc frodo 12.2 and have followed the install instructions to the letter the issue I am having is when I try to play a movie or TV show I open the XBM3C add on navigate to the movie I would like to watch now up to this point everything is awesome but once I select the movie I am looking for xbmc starts to open the movie but then just stops I have tried different movies and TV shows but same result the server is running on a home network BUT if I install media server 3 on the same local machine as xbmc and do the same thing it works perfectly just wondering if any one has any advice? please see below for xbmc.log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=93654
You need to specify your library in Mediabrowser server using UNC paths. Instead of N:\movies use \\mymachine\n\movies. This is true for any MB3 client where you want to play a file non-transcoded.

xnappo
Not for Media browser Theater, but for MBC is it. For this xbmc add-on, it's probably the best bet although with some work I'm sure you can remove that requirement.
(2013-12-05, 23:27)lukemb Wrote: Not for Media browser Theater, but for MBC is it. For this xbmc add-on, it's probably the best bet although with some work I'm sure you can remove that requirement.

Without using transcoding? I am not sure how... Anyway - for now use UNC paths and it will work.

xnappo
you can stream files through the web server statically, without any encoding. it just serves up the file straight from disk. Direct play via the file system is always first choice, and then static streaming is the next best option. Wiki article:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBro...Guidelines

so the optimal playback algorithm from best choice to worst is file system -> static stream -> remux -> encode

it all just depends on the capabilities of the player and whether or not you have file system access to the media.
(2013-12-06, 00:20)lukemb Wrote: you can stream files through the web server statically, without any encoding. it just serves up the file straight from disk. Direct play via the file system is always first choice, and then static streaming is the next best option. Wiki article:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBro...Guidelines

so the optimal playback algorithm from best choice to worst is file system -> static stream -> remux -> encode

it all just depends on the capabilities of the player and whether or not you have file system access to the media.

Got it. Thanks.

xnappo
@lukemb how is the linux version of the server progressing?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Lukemb, is there a MediaBrowser IRC channel? Reason I ask is because I'm updating the metadata we generate in SickBeard for MB.. and I want to make sure we aren't going to break anything Smile
I've seen a bit of conflicting info about multi-ep support/formats and what actually needs to be in the .xml.. also with you guys now supporting plex/xbmc formats (images) are you planning on just using xbmc's nfo as well?
I'd like to talk more about this if you have a free moment.
(2013-12-07, 00:41)nickr Wrote: @lukemb how is the linux version of the server progressing?

Very well. We have a couple testers using it for everyday use now, however, we don't yet have anything available for download in packaged form, so they're building it themselves at the moment. In due time it will come.

Happy to announce our XBMB3C add-on is now available in the official Xbmc repo:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178180&page=4
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi client for Media Browser3