• 8(current)
Kodi client for Media Browser
(2013-12-26, 19:43)lukemb Wrote:
(2013-12-07, 00:41)nickr Wrote: @lukemb how is the linux version of the server progressing?

Very well. We have a couple testers using it for everyday use now, however, we don't yet have anything available for download in packaged form, so they're building it themselves at the moment. In due time it will come.

Ok, still willing to test if you need some more. And happy to build.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sure, actually I'll provide the server build, but it will require you to build mono, because the current mono release has a critical bug that is affecting us.

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...r/?p=53226
(2013-12-27, 03:28)lukemb Wrote: Sure, actually I'll provide the server build, but it will require you to build mono, because the current mono release has a critical bug that is affecting us.

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...r/?p=53226

Lucky I am on holiday fir a while! Many thanks.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are there any plans to make server work on OS X?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I have just posted a linux build for testing:

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...entry53669

OS X is a possibility yes, but I want to get the linux release out first.
@lukemb: I very much would like to see your team's work supporting OS X. This client seems to add a star to the XBMC experience and I look forward to trying it on mac. Thanks for contributing with this great development!
Thanks. In order for us to do an OSX server we'd probably have to add another mac developer with mono experience to our team. Our current ones are tied up in apple-related client development and I don't' really want to pull them off of that. We have done some preliminary osx testing with the server and it went well, so it's just a matter of allocating resources to it.
(2013-12-29, 03:19)Tangata Manu Wrote: @lukemb: I very much would like to see your team's work supporting OS X. This client seems to add a star to the XBMC experience and I look forward to trying it on mac. Thanks for contributing with this great development!

Given that the linux testing is going very well, feel free to jump in with OS X testing.

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...entry56046
Well, I know what I'm going to be playing with this evening. Greatly appreciate the work that is being done here. I used Media Browser years ago with WMC and thought it to be a very slick and polished bit of software. XBMC and MB3. Its a match made in heaven Smile
(2014-01-04, 23:20)o9r1sh Wrote: Well, I know what I'm going to be playing with this evening. Greatly appreciate the work that is being done here. I used Media Browser years ago with WMC and thought it to be a very slick and polished bit of software. XBMC and MB3. Its a match made in heaven Smile

Glad to hear it. I agree that MB3 and Xbmc are a good match.
(2013-10-29, 16:58)lukemb Wrote: You don't want it reading the nfo because in theory the xbmc installation may not have direct access to the media folders. That's the idea of using the MB3 api. You might be away from home and want to connect remotely. Plus you'll be potentially missing out on other features.

If MB3 doesn't read the nfo's, then custom nfo's for things like home movies will be ignored and have no info displayed or scraped incorrectly. Also custom movie sets will be ignored. Is this true?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2014-01-07, 02:26)CaptainKen Wrote:
(2013-10-29, 16:58)lukemb Wrote: You don't want it reading the nfo because in theory the xbmc installation may not have direct access to the media folders. That's the idea of using the MB3 api. You might be away from home and want to connect remotely. Plus you'll be potentially missing out on other features.

If MB3 doesn't read the nfo's, then custom nfo's for things like home movies will be ignored and have no info displayed or scraped incorrectly. Also custom movie sets will be ignored. Is this true?

I wouldn't say that we'll never read nfo's, we just don't right now. Yes, it's true, but we support all of those same features so the movie sets could be recreated.
(2014-01-07, 04:17)lukemb Wrote:
(2014-01-07, 02:26)CaptainKen Wrote:

I wouldn't say that we'll never read nfo's, we just don't right now. Yes, it's true, but we support all of those same features so the movie sets could be recreated.

Thank you the reply.

Will my existing nfo's be overwritten by MB3, MB3C or MB3S or left untouched?

Do you support custom nfo entries and movie sets be writing information to an xml file?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
If you do not have our NFO output plugin installed, they will be untouched and it will be as if they don't exist.

If you do have the plugin installed, then the NFO's will be overwritten anytime data is saved - such as the initial scan, or saving within the editing interface. Rest assured any tags in the NFO's that we don't recognize will be left untouched.

The NFO saver will save the movie set name into the NFO. I believe this field is exposed within the editing interface. We also grab movie set name from themoviedb.org.

As far as saving custom nfo's for home videos, I'm not sure the plugin currently does this, however it can be very easily added, and you're welcome to help us flesh it out.
(2013-10-15, 05:17)Ghostdivision Wrote: I would love to see a joining of forces.

Some things though that I really like about the media browser setup (chapter selector, and tv video intros) would any of that work for the xbmc plugin? I would love to see all the bells and whistles of mb3 server metadata work with xbmc, but I dont know if this would be possible.

The video backdrops for media browser are really cool, xbmc is a beautiful skinning device but i have not seen anything quite like this, I would love to see the xbmc plugin and skins be able to utilize this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBP39RAVu...e=youtu.be

Also i love the chapter selector extractor of mb3, lets you have images and pick your own scenes and chapters like an actual bluray disc, I really hope all this can be utilized with an xbmc plugin.

I am also unsure on this but doesnt xbmc need artwork downloader to run (and be run manually) to be able to utilize extra artwork (cdart, clearart, ect..)? I would love for the mb3 artwork/scrapper show up in xbmc without having to use extra addon's like artwork downloader just to show up. The simple simplicity and hands off approach of metadata and scrapping and centralization is whats really appealing.

I agree. Yeah, that's the awesome stuff about MB3 and I'm surprised no one responded to this. Video backdrops would definitely be awesome.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi client for Media Browser3