3D tagging in Gotham Alpha 7...
I've done multiple searching but I'm not really finding documentation on how to get XBMC Gotham A7 to detect 3D rips (H-SBS) and tag them.

If I view a h-sbs movie, and manually force xbmc into sbs mode, everything works as intended, however, it doesn't seem to detect 3D movies.

From the press release for August build:

" First, while XBMC should automatically recognize 3D-encoded movies, if it fails to recognize the format, users can force 3D mode."

So, do I need to do something with the file name or folder ? Do I need to add a tag in a .nfo file ? Can I manually go through the movie list and just press a hotkey to tag it as 3D ?
Any of the following terms in the file name should trigger 3D detection:

(SBS)
Code:
3DSBS
3D.SBS
HSBS
H.SBS
H-SBS
(space)SBS(space)
FULL-SBS
FULL.SBS
FULLSBS
FSBS
HALF-SBS
(TAB/OU)
Code:
3DTAB
3D.TAB
HTAB
H.TAB
3DOU
3D.OU
3D.HOU
(space)HOU(space)
(space)OU(space)
HALF-TAB

You can also define your own terms in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) e.g.:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <stereoscopicflagssbs>3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS</stereoscopicflagssbs>
    <stereoscopicflagstab>3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB</stereoscopicflagstab>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
(Those are the defaults as above). Whatever you put will overwrite the defaults, and the case is ignored.

There is also a StereoMode element in the mkv specifications which is detected also, regardless of file name.

You can easily edit your files using something like the mkvmerge GUI header editor to add the correct StereoMode value. I'm not sure whether equivalent flags exist for other file types (or if they're detected if they do).
Thanks for the tip. I went through and added "3DSBS" to the end of the filename and foldername for all movies in hsbs format.

Now xbmc detects that it's a hsbs movie and asks if I want to view it in SBS mode, however, it doesn't offer any sort of 3D tag or icon. I wonder if it's due to me keeping my roaming profile from XBMC Frodo. Perhaps if I do a full fresh reinstall it will fix it.
Hrmm, OK, did a full reinstall and I'm still not getting any 3D indicator. It tells me it's 1080p, DTS etc, but no 3D marker. Ideas ?
Thanks for this info.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-14, 02:01)JCole Wrote: Hrmm, OK, did a full reinstall and I'm still not getting any 3D indicator. It tells me it's 1080p, DTS etc, but no 3D marker. Ideas ?

Showing a 3D marker is a skin thing. Which one are you using ?
I haven't played around with it myself so I'm not sure if it has been implemented yet in Confluence.
From what I can tell the only boolean condition available to skins is "VideoPlayer.IsStereoscopic" which is only available when the video is playing (and is presumably used for displaying the 3D button on the OSD).

Someone would need to add an equivalent "ListItem.IsStereoscopic" condition for it to be used to add a 3D flag in the various Views, I think. Not sure how easy/hard that would be (I looked but couldn't figure it out).
Is it possible to get XBMC to detect 3D coming from a stream? For example, I want it to detect 3D on this stream coming from my PVR:

Code:
http://192.168.1.7/web/stream.m3u?ref=1:0:19:516:7F7:2:11A0000:0:0:0:&name=Sky%203D

I don't think it is possible for me to modify the URL to contain a tag like 3DSBS (would that work anyway with a stream?)

Or if I add part if it's URL to advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<stereoscopicflagssbs>7F7|Sky%203D|3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS</stereoscopicflagssbs>

Is it possible to 'force' it to use 3D somehow?
I'm having the same issue with Beta 1. I had this working in an earlier alpha build. I did a complete uninstall of XBMC, to include removing my userdata folder. My 3D movies, for example: "Avatar 3DSBS.mkv" are not being recognized by XBMC as stereoscopic. Is anyone else having an issue with the Beta?
What do you mean "not recognized" ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I made a post to help people with this. I got 3d detection with a naming scheme of moviename(year).3d.hsbs.mkv.

Note the multiple dots. Xbmc wouldn't detect 3d for me until I added the .3d.hsbs tag.of course, if you rip top and bottom, it would be .3d.htab
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
@nickr recognized as in when you play a 3D movie XBMC should say "hey, this looks like a 3D movie, would you like to watch it in 3D or 2D". Should also be able to bring up the same menu from the OSD if the skin supports it.

@pasteguin Thanks so much. ".3d.hsbs." did the trick. I guess the old list of 3D tags needs some revision.
OK because you could have been stating that it isn't marked as 3D in the movie listing, which is a slightly different issue.
(2014-03-09, 05:28)nitewulf Wrote: @nickr recognized as in when you play a 3D movie XBMC should say "hey, this looks like a 3D movie, would you like to watch it in 3D or 2D". Should also be able to bring up the same menu from the OSD if the skin supports it.

@pasteguin Thanks so much. ".3d.hsbs." did the trick. I guess the old list of 3D tags needs some revision.

Glad I helped, it took me so much trial and error for it to work. Having the file name with the year in parentheses and then.3d.hsbs was the only way it worked for me. If I had the extensions but no year I would get no stereoscopic trigger or 3d Bluray cases. It seems the file name structure is very specific and I added my info to the wiki to try and help.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
People are mistaking two things for the same here.

1) there are tags that influence how Xbmc plays video. These tags are XBMC version dependant.
2) there are tags that influence how skins display video files. These tags are skin dependant.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D tagging in Gotham Alpha 7...0