new Haswell and Bay Trail NUC
(2014-01-25, 21:32)blueflash Wrote: warlock hope so I just ordered one, too cheap not to

Let me know how u get on??
I've ordered one too. But contemplating cancelling my pre-order. Not sure it will run openelec.
(2014-01-25, 23:35)richiebrowns Wrote: I've ordered one too. But contemplating cancelling my pre-order. Not sure it will run openelec.

Suggestion is that it may not run OpenElec at the moment (BIOS issue?) - but given the price, I wouldn't expect that to stay the same for long. People are already talking, in the other thread on the same box, about donating one to the OpenElec team. If the BIOS is the stumbling point then I suspect lots of Linux people will be looking at solving that - not just the OpenElec group. An £80 NUC which can take a SATA 2.5" drive is definitely a draw.
warlock; stock not due at that shop til 25th March.. ouch Sad
(2014-01-29, 22:39)blueflash Wrote: warlock; stock not due at that shop til 25th March.. ouch Sad

Hahahaha. I figured something like that as they've gone quiet with me!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2014-01-26, 07:52)noggin Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 23:35)richiebrowns Wrote: I've ordered one too. But contemplating cancelling my pre-order. Not sure it will run openelec.

Suggestion is that it may not run OpenElec at the moment (BIOS issue?) - but given the price, I wouldn't expect that to stay the same for long. People are already talking, in the other thread on the same box, about donating one to the OpenElec team. If the BIOS is the stumbling point then I suspect lots of Linux people will be looking at solving that - not just the OpenElec group. An £80 NUC which can take a SATA 2.5" drive is definitely a draw.

Already running with OE with the latest nightly. Bios issues solved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new Haswell and Bay Trail NUC0