• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
plays for 1 minute and kicks out. But it's better than a blank add on. ha ha
(2015-07-18, 14:47)lookidok Wrote: Ahhhh looked at it this morning an it seems to work ok. Smile Thanks for that maybe you pushed some changes to it over night? I am hooked into your repo now so hopefully will get any iterative changes.

Thanks.
No changes were made.
(2015-07-18, 15:09)tquarter Wrote: plays for 1 minute and kicks out. But it's better than a blank add on. ha ha

Thank you for your helpful and informative comment.
Hi

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I install the repo on my android box please?

Thanks
(2015-07-18, 21:28)kryswills Wrote: Hi

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I install the repo on my android box please?

Thanks

Click on this link which will download the repo addon:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...master.zip

Figure out where on your system the downloaded file is and copy it to a directory you can access from Kodi.
Go to Settings->Add-ons->Install from .zip file , browse for the file and install it.

Once installed, goto Settings->Add-ons->Install from repository and the t1m repository should be there. You will find RT under video-addons. Just click to install. If you don't see anything in the t1m repo, you need to click on "Check for Updates", how to do this varies with each skin.
Splendid. Downloaded to USB drive and installed from there. Up and running again and getting my Max Keiser fix.

Thanks very much.
learningit - I performed the repository install above - all is well.

Thanks for your help,
internetshortwave
Just an idle curiosity type of question.......... like others, I had the same, recent problems with the RT add-on (nothing worked). But, I'm just wondering why it was necessary to manually update to this 1.10 version. Why didn't it auto-update to pick up the fix? I even highlighted RT and clicked 'check for updates' and nothing was found. Stayed on the 1.94 version.

I see this from time to time with Kodi video add-ons. Something breaks, I come here to the support forum for the particular add-on and see that the author has a new ZIP file for you to download and install and problem resolved. Does Kodi just suck at grabbing updates to video plugins?

Thanks and keep up the great work!
The update is only in my test repo:

It hasn't been updated in the kodi.org repo yet. I'm trying to only update the kodi.org repo after changes have been thoroughly tested.
If you install my test repo, you will get the most recent updates I've made but they may not be fully tested for all locations, I need feedback from users before I can figure that out.
(2015-07-20, 05:09)learningit Wrote: The update is only in my test repo:

It hasn't been updated in the kodi.org repo yet. I'm trying to only update the kodi.org repo after changes have been thoroughly tested.
If you install my test repo, you will get the most recent updates I've made but they may not be fully tested for all locations, I need feedback from users before I can figure that out.

Thanks for explaining that! But so far, the 1.10 is working perfectly. The only thing I think might be broken is (and I believe you mentioned this somewhere).....when clicking on the 'documentary' stuff, you can only see a fixed list. There isn't a 'next' button any more to browse through their catalog.

On a side note, thanks for all you do regarding this plugin!
(2015-07-20, 20:50)gene0915 Wrote: Thanks for explaining that! But so far, the 1.10 is working perfectly. The only thing I think might be broken is (and I believe you mentioned this somewhere).....when clicking on the 'documentary' stuff, you can only see a fixed list. There isn't a 'next' button any more to browse through their catalog.

On a side note, thanks for all you do regarding this plugin!

Yeah, they changed how the API gets at the next pages. When I have some time I'll sit down with a couple of beers and figure it out. It was a lot easier last time when the website javascript was commented in English, it's in Russian now.
I just noticed in your 1.9.4 version that in the options you can set auto start RT play. Now it is not there in the options in v1.10.

What was the purpose of that? Starting Kodi would auto start RT stream? Would be cool.
(2015-07-20, 22:44)sangean Wrote: I just noticed in your 1.9.4 version that in the options you can set auto start RT play. Now it is not there in the options in v1.10.

What was the purpose of that? Starting Kodi would auto start RT stream? Would be cool.

I believe it started playing a live stream when you started the addon. Don't think it ever worked quite right so I left it out of the new version.
I installed the v. 1.10 version yesterday, but I get "script error" message when I try to launch it. I am running xbmc gotham 13.0 on a Minix Neo android box.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
(2015-07-25, 15:15)Brimacbt Wrote: I installed the v. 1.10 version yesterday, but I get "script error" message when I try to launch it. I am running xbmc gotham 13.0 on a Minix Neo android box.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Post a debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com. Can't help if I can't see the problem.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2