Whole House Distro setup - XBMC based on VmWare ESXi 5
(2013-09-17, 06:16)nickr Wrote: That's pretty cool. There was a multiseat linux setup described here recently that had 4 video cards linked to 4 TVs in different rooms. It wasn't done as VM's. I can see the point of VMs though, XBMC/Windows seems to need a reboot every now and then. No point in bringing down your server.

Do you have a link to this setup?
I was going to follow the lead of the OP with my current hardware to allow me to connect a bedroom TV to a 2nd HDMI card etc.. but hit a limitation - I only have an Intel i3-2120 CPU, which doesn't support VT-D Sad - I believe this is needed for ESXi to allocate the PCI slots to it's hosts (OP, please can you confirm this for me?)
I'd like to explore the possibility of trying it using linux before I rush out and buy a better CPU.

Also, a question for the OP - do you have any more pics of your setup? Build pics, or a shot from the back of the rack to show the cabling etc?... Not that it's important to the content of this thread, I just like being nosy Blush
And finally, what is the make/model of the disk enclosure you're using please?

Top work by the way.. I'm very impressed

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whole House Distro setup - XBMC based on VmWare ESXi 5 - by stubs - 2013-11-14, 03:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whole House Distro setup - XBMC based on VmWare ESXi 50