• 1(current)
WIP G620T new build. [ NUC inspired? =D ]
Had a great time with the NUC. Couldn't fault it. But the urge to play/tinker was too much and unfortunately, SWMBO dictates we only have 2 boxes at a time.

I can build plenty if they're not for me though! [go figure!]

So. I bought a 3rd generation i3 3220 a couple weeks back off eBay. Nope. It's not for this project. It went into my server [to help Plex with transcoding to a couple nowTV boxes I have at my parents and in-laws, works a treat!]. No, the chip the i3 replaced is going into this build.

Intel Pentium G620T.

Motherboard came today, but missed the postie. So you'll see that tomorrow, but the 4GB ram and the case has come.

Little bit bigger than the NUC. But I'll definitely call it NUC inspired!

Got an awesome part going in this that I [hope] I'm the first to have. You'll see it soon!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Neat!
That's a product by one of the manufacturers I work with in China. They make the e-mini E-I7, e-mini E-I5, e-mini E-I3, etc. I think they call it the E-Q5. Here in the USA it's known as the Habey EMC-600B.
Looks like a Powercool Q6 Case. Nice
Look at this on eBay:

Black e-Mini Q6 E-Q6 HTPC Mini-ITX Slim PC Case with 120W Internal PSU Board

http://bit.ly/1gu9hFW

I'll post internals in bit once i start building. Bought it with 120w Power brick.

Motherboard.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Great choice on the motherboard. That was my go-to motherboard for a long time (pre Ivy Bridge).

Now with Haswell I am back to ASUS: ASUS H81I-PLUS and H87I-PLUS.
Cheers bud. Thought you might like Smile everyone loves pictures Big Grin

I'd love to bung i3 in this. But I gotta recycle at least once before I can sell it lol.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Internals.

First thoughts.....

Case -

overall. A good quality case. But the main bit that's crap? The Dremmel's going to have to come out as the notches in the case to let the board slide under aren't high enough. So in the last pic in the top left. The two tall caps are clear. But the shorts ones hit the screw lip. So can't fit it in with the I/O shield at the same time.

Secondly, I've snapped the internal power lead between plug on the side of the casing and the lead. And that's in the way of the ports too. So that's going to be moved.

Moulded plug on power brick that plugs into machine is moulded bent. One wonders how long the brick and internal PSU section will last. Any suggestions on pico? Only need 120w. Lol

I do like the case! It's weighty and smart. Just hitched by poor innards.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Too bad you're not local -- I could hook you up with a new power lead, etc.

picoPSU 90 would be fine for this. This is basically my bedroom HTPC setup except with the G620 not G620T. In addition to the P8H61I-I and G620T I have 4GB RAM and a 128GB SSD. I use either a 60W or 84W AC adapter with it I believe. I can check tonight at home.

Oh, and if you want some real feet for the case, get rid of those stupid clear nubs and get these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Dia...B00032Q30Q they look way better.
Hahaha. Great minds think a like. I've ordered the same off eBay.

Gonna do a guts run tonite and boot up oE 3.2. Just gotta prise the SSD out of my Revo ha!

Where's the place to buy pico kit for UK?

This any good -

Look at this on eBay:

PicoPSU 90w Power Supply Mini ITX EPIA VIA Pico PSU

http://bit.ly/18x01Ms

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

PicoPSU 90 - http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12064

Option: FSP 12V 5A 60W AC Adapter - 2.5mm x 5.5mm Jack
In stock : 106

£45 inc P&P

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

That 60w power brick is potentially going to be at it's limit with the Pentium G620. You'll also need the 24 pin Pico version.

Kustom PC's have them as well, that's where I bought mine. http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1166b.html

D.
Cheers bud. Ill have a ganders. As I mentioned earlier. I'll try the PSU kit that came with it first just to see what happens.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Those cases are very tight vertically and have poor airflow. Also the side-facing PSU jack looks kinda crappy.

You should go with the E-i5 from the same manufacturer.
Agreed on the PSU jack. I'm gonna relocate it. Shall bung some form of air flow into it!

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
G620T new build. [ NUC inspired? =D ]0