RetroPlayer Additional Files
Some of RetroPlayer's emulators need BIOS and system files to function, so I thought it would be good to start a list of whats needed with the file naming that XBMC expects. All this info can be found in a debug log (wiki) when launching a ROM. There will be no files provided here, it's up to your to get them yourself.

When launching a ROM you may be prompted to choose a 'System directory'. This is where that particular emulator will store data and look for the BIOS file and for the rest of the post I will be using the emulators addon folder within the userdata (wiki)/addon_data/ folder, eg for Gens Plus:

Windows:
Code:
%AppData%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\gameclient.genplus\

Linux:
Code:
~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/gameclient.genplus/

Gens Plus
Code:
Sega CD EU BIOS: bios_CD_E.bin
Sega CD US BIOS: bios_CD_U.bin
Sega CD JP BIOS: bios_CD_J.bin
Master System EU BIOS: bios_E.sms
Master System US BIOS: bios_U.sms
Master System JP BIOS: bios_J.sms
Game Gear BIOS: bios.gg
S&K upmem ROM: sk2chip.bin
S&K ROM: sk.bin
Game Genie ROM: ggenie.bin
Action Replay ROM: areplay.bin

Mednafen
Code:
PSX US BIOS: scph5501.bin

I'll update this thread when I have time/more info. Contributions welcome!
The brm files should be created automatically when a SegaCD game is saved. Are all these files actually required? I know the SegaCD ones are, but I'm sure I played a Master System game without the bios before.
The non-BRM files are also hard to find, at least using google with the filenames given, I've tried downloading alternative named bios files with the same functionality and renaming but the log is reporting that it still can't find them, I modified the settings file removing the trailing slash

Some SNES games require dsp1 program and data bioses.
I also noticed that the log was reporting the files missing even when they weren't. However the games I tried worked correctly, so I *think* that's just an error in the log.
Yup, most normal Genesis games should work fine as long as the ROMs are unzipped.
Looking through my Kega Fusion install folder there are no SMS bios files, but from memory you can use them but they aren't necessary, maybe this s the case with retroplayer. Youre right about the brm files, I'll update the list. Unfortunatley I'm not having much luck launching anything sega and sony related via retroplayer, even systems not requiring bios's Sad
(2013-09-17, 08:09)teeedubb Wrote: Looking through my Kega Fusion install folder there are no SMS bios files, but from memory you can use them but they aren't necessary, maybe this s the case with retroplayer. Youre right about the brm files, I'll update the list. Unfortunatley I'm not having much luck launching anything sega and sony related via retroplayer, even systems not requiring bios's Sad

Are you trying to play over a network? If so, this is why. I find that if i try to play on a path such ass \\server\share\file.ext it will fail, but if i map said path to a letter, it will work fine and play.

Try to fool whatever OS you are using into making it local by making a network drive or mount point, or actually move the file local, and this will probably fix that problem for you.
Unfortunately everything is local. Tried again last night with SMS, genesis + something else on a Linux machine (as opposed to windows) and still unable to launch the ROMs Sad
Check in the log file for a double backslash (\\) in the path to the system folder. It shouldn't be there, so if it is, you'll have to manually change the path.
Yeah i saw the double backslahes, thought it may be a way that xbmc handles emulators/roms. Thanks, now to tear myself away from gtaV to try the emulators.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Additional Files0