Stuck extracting Hipaaast.zip
When searching for new content, XBMC is locking up, seemingly stuck opening Hipaaast.zip, as seen in the below screen shot:

http://imgur.com/9mRyRfT

At one point I had run out of disk space, and things locked up. I currently have 2GB free. I also have alot of video files.

In the debug log, I have alot of errors about extracting file Hipaaasst.zip, as seen below:

22:03:07 T:4004 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://LUCKY-7/U - TV - US/_z/.actors
22:03:32 T:4004 ERROR: Control 10 in window 10101 has been asked to focus, but it can't
22:03:34 T:4004 ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
22:03:34 T:4004 ERROR: failed to extract file: Hipaaasst.ZIP
22:03:34 T:4004 ERROR: filerar::open failed to cache file Hipaaasst.ZIP
22:03:34 T:4004 ERROR: Control 10 in window 10101 has been asked to focus, but it can't
22:03:34 T:4004 ERROR: filerar::open failed to cache file Hipaaasst.ZIP
22:03:34 T:4004 ERROR: Control 10 in window 10101 has been asked to focus, but it can't

Those last 3 lines repeat for pages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
-Nick
Welcome to tje XBMC forums.

What is Hipaaast.zip?
Thanks! = )

That's an excellent question! I don't know for certain, but when checking the cache directory, it looked like it was a file in one of the many subdirectories.
Then maybe it's not a file XBMC can be expected to process? Move it out of that location if you don't want XBMC to keep running into it and choking, especially since you don't know what it is. Have you tried unzipping that file manually outside of XBMC to see what it contains?
So in the XBMC/cache directory is where all the action seems to be. = ) There are like 170 or so "rarfolder0001", "rarfolder0002", folders. They all contain a file called: Hipaaasst.zip, which is 4,765K bytes big, and does not appear to be able to be opened/is corrupted.

I went to my source directories, and deleted all .zip and .rar files. I then deleted all the XBMC/cache/rarfolderXXXX folders. However, when I click on a TV show to play, I get the Hipaaast.zip file popup. I'm getting the files from an SMB drive.

I have no idea where the Hipaaasst.zip file is coming from.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time,
-Nick
Nothing to do with XBMC. Maybe this? http://www.fix-support.com/tag/hipaaasst-zip-error
Thanks for letting me know it wasn't an XBMC thing! = )

Guessing that it was a result of running out of space/some corruption due to that, I ended up backing up the data (using the defaults minus the database), uninstalling XBMC, reinstalling XBMC, and then restoring the backup. That solved the issue/haven't had the very weird Hipaaasst.zip issue pop up. I hope this helps anyone else who may run into the same issue!

Thanks so much artrafael for all your help!
-Nick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck extracting Hipaaast.zip0