11:34:43 T:1376 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file
So here is my situation...

I have an UnRaid file server hosting all of my media. This is being accessed by Windows, Macs, Raspberry Pis and an Apple Tv.

For a while I was using SMB shares but on the odd occasion the Raspberry Pi would stutter when playing back videos.
For the life of me I have not been able to figure out what is causing the stuttering as I can watch 50 TV programs with out issue (SD and HD) and then one will stutter and be unplayable. However the problem file may play back fine a day or two later.

I have switched to sharing my media through NFS and I believe this has fixed the stuttering (I say believe as the the stuttering seems to be random and I can't recreate it, but I haven't experienced it since switching).

Now here's my problem.
Some of my larger movies (4gig+) wont play back when shared through NFS.
These are all movies I have ripped myself using handbrake (larger files that I have DLed play fine).
If the file is under 4gig it will play fine.
If it is larger than 4gig I get
'11:34:43 T:1376 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file'
in the log.

The file plays fine in VLC and it also plays when shared over SMB.

Any ideas?
And you use what operating system and what version of xbmc? *sigh*.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OS for what?
The media server is UnRaid (Slackware I believe) and XBMC (Version 12.2) is on Windows 7 as well as a RaspberryPi (Raspbmc).
and where is the full Debug Log?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is this still an issue when using a current gotham nightly of xbmc aswell? (with more current libnfs)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am having almost the exact same problem as you except that it will play a lot of HD video >4Gb, not all, but a lot.

I'm running version 12.2 on Windows 7. My RaspBMC installation will play the HD videos off NFS without issue.

Reference my post explaining the issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175577
Not sure why but I remuxed my .m4v files to .mkv and it all works perfectly now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
11:34:43 T:1376 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file0