Win Libaray shared 2-way
I don't know if I have a problem or not... or if I am doing this the right way or not. But I thought I would share and see what comments might come forward.

At first, I setup my PC with Windows shares and MySQL for the library. This appeared to work, at first glance everything looked good on the server and client side (and I wanted both sides to be able to play media at the same time). The client side is an Android box, and the server is Windows Vista 64. But then I noticed that the 2 sides couldn't access the same folder on the server at the same time. One or the other, depends who got it first, would be rejected, connection couldn't be established.

In my digging around with Google, I found where someone wrote about sharing the library thru UPnP. So I set that up, leaving MySQL in place, just using UPnP on the Android side and enabling library sharing with UPnP on the Windows side. I took all the smb shares out of the client, but left them in the server side.

It all works! I can find no problem with it yet. But I don't think it is supposed to work... mixing MySQL and UPnP.
On both machines I am running nightlies, with no current issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libaray shared 2-way0