Audio AVR Question
Making some progress - now getting HDMI audio out thru my AVR. Yea !

Config: XBMC (under Win 7) -----> NVIDA GE8600GS video card ---> HDMI ----> Pioneer VSX321 AVR ----> HDMI ----> Panasonic TCP60U50 monitor

If I understood correctly the tutorial, I should see the AVR either as a "monitor" or as a "sound Device", and should be able to select it's properties. Nope.

In Device manager I have only "Generic". For Sound Devices I have 3; speakers; Panasonic TV; High def digital. FOR SUPPORTED FORMATS I ONLY HAVE THREE, and i know the AVR supports a ton more.

Speaker setup shows 8 channels, exclusive control. Drivers are NVIDA, not windows.

Is it correct this setup is not seeing the AVR, but only the TV? If so, what do I do about it?
Does it all work as should?
Thx for responding, Teeee

Getting audio out as it should. However, only showing a (very) small set of supported formats, so many movies will not be properly decoded (or will be decoded in inferior formats).
I've found d windows to be funny with the supported formats - if you're getting sound to your receiver and its being passthrough'd as it should I wouldn't worry about it. If not you probably have to look at installing a custom EDID. There's a helpful thread at avs forums regarding this.
Yeah, was reading that thread and it left me (intellectually) in the dust.
Yeah I could never get the edid working my self with my old setup, thankfully I was able to find one for my TV.
(2013-09-19, 01:25)right.vote Wrote: Making some progress - now getting HDMI audio out thru my AVR. Yea !

Config: XBMC (under Win 7) -----> NVIDA GE8600GS video card ---> HDMI ----> Pioneer VSX321 AVR ----> HDMI ----> Panasonic TCP60U50 monitor

If I understood correctly the tutorial, I should see the AVR either as a "monitor" or as a "sound Device", and should be able to select it's properties. Nope.

In Device manager I have only "Generic". For Sound Devices I have 3; speakers; Panasonic TV; High def digital. FOR SUPPORTED FORMATS I ONLY HAVE THREE, and i know the AVR supports a ton more.

Speaker setup shows 8 channels, exclusive control. Drivers are NVIDA, not windows.

Is it correct this setup is not seeing the AVR, but only the TV? If so, what do I do about it?

Doesn't matter what formats your AVR supports, you've got an ancient video card that likely only supports Dolby Digital & DTS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio AVR Question0