Ember renames existing nfo files to ".info"
Sorry if this is a dumb question...

If I do an "Update Library" scan in Ember for new TV shows, it will rename any new ".nfo" files it encounters to the ".info" extension. (Only for nfo files it does not have it its library). This plays havoc with my XBMC player.

Is there a way to stop it doing this?

I'm using the latest version (from Sept 24, 2013).

Thanks!
Ember rename only NFO's with errors to .info

You can upload an affected NFO to http://pastebin.com/ ?
there is a setting during setup ( or in the GUI) where you can tick this off, unfortunately am not at home so will inform you of this later, but if you go to edit ---> settings --- and trawl through from the beginning you should see it
(2013-09-27, 08:30)DanCooper Wrote: Ember rename only NFO's with errors to .info

You can upload an affected NFO to http://pastebin.com/ ?

Sure. Here's one:
Last Tango In Halifax - 01x03 - Episode 3.info

The above nfo file was generated by SickBeard (as are most of my nfo files). Ember seems to have changed all of my nfo files to info files, and in many cases does not create an NFO file to replace it.

Another issue is that it seems to be unable to download all episode information for series. I noticed this, for example, on "Parks and Recreation". It is unable to download information for anything after half of season five. If you highlight a file and select "Change Episode", you can see that for many shows there are episodes missing. There seems to be something wrong with the TV scraper.

Thanks.
MT
(2013-09-27, 13:48)shaktoo Wrote: there is a setting during setup ( or in the GUI) where you can tick this off, unfortunately am not at home so will inform you of this later, but if you go to edit ---> settings --- and trawl through from the beginning you should see it

Yes, I had that unticked, but the problem seems to be that although it's backing up nfo files it judges to be invalid to the .info file, it isn't replacing it with a valid .nfo file in many cases.

I suspect this is a problem with the TV scraper -- it isn't successfully pulling information for certain episodes, so the .nfo file is never created.
The problem is the entries without value, this for example:
<displayseason />
<displayepisode />
<credits />
<thumb />

Mostly Visual Basic raises an error here.
I do not know if this is a bug of VB, because the XML parser is not self-programming.
I check whether these entries can be removed beforehand.
Latest version of Ember has started renaming .nfo's generated by Sickbeard to .info for some reason. Changed Ember to overwrite instead of rename for now but would like to know the cause.
(2013-09-30, 21:20)anahka2309 Wrote: Latest version of Ember has started renaming .nfo's generated by Sickbeard to .info for some reason. Changed Ember to overwrite instead of rename for now but would like to know the cause.

I'd uncheck that box so it doesn't overwrite. As far as I can tell, TheTVDB.com is adding tags Ember doesn't recognize so it cannot download program information for some of these shows. If you have overwrite enabled, you risk your existing .nfo files being overwritten with empty files.
Fair enough but if there's an .info in the folder with the media file XBMC doesn't pick anything up. No matter how often I update the library, it finds nothing. As soon as I remove the .info or add a valid .nfo it suddenly finds the file.

Overwriting seems the easier option? Or no scaping at all and let XBMC figure it out.
(2013-10-01, 18:05)anahka2309 Wrote: Fair enough but if there's an .info in the folder with the media file XBMC doesn't pick anything up. No matter how often I update the library, it finds nothing. As soon as I remove the .info or add a valid .nfo it suddenly finds the file.

Overwriting seems the easier option? Or no scaping at all and let XBMC figure it out.

I didn't know that XBMC would ignore the file if an .info was present but an .nfo was NOT present. I can see that being a problem!

The problem I've been having is that for many episodes, Ember isn't able to scrape the information for some reason (possibly because of the empty tags it's encountering, as I mentioned previously). This results in the current .nfo being renamed to ".info" but instead of writing a new ".nfo", it just stops so I'm left with many video files with only .info files, but no .nfo. If you have "rewrite" enabled, you may run into the situation where the existing .nfo is indeed rewritten, but it's rewritten with empty information.

I've written a SickBeard post-processing script that strips out empty tags, thus making the .nfo files from TheTVDB acceptible to Ember (so no re-writing). This is working for me until this issue can be resolved.

Your solution of no scraping with Ember may be the best for you, though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember renames existing nfo files to ".info"0