How to auto play a list of TV episodes?
Hi all,

What I would like to do is be able to have a bunch of tv episodes play back to back. This is for my kids, so we can put on a bunch of cartoons and just let it run and not have to go back after each episode ends and start the next.

My thought is to create a smart play list and either select the folder of the TV show we want or select a bunch of episodes from TV series we want and then be able to go start that playlist and have it run through all the episodes automatically.

I think what I need to do is be able to see the Contextual menu (item #2 found here - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_navigation) in order to add the shows to a queue and then save that list. I'm just not sure how to get it to show the all the options (Queue Item, Resume from, Play From Here, Add to Favourites, etc)

Sorry if this is a real easy one, but I can't figure it out...

Thanks again!
While I haven't done it myself, I'm pretty sure you can just highlight any show, season or episode and press "C". Then select "Queue it".

There is another method that I played with a while back called SimplePlayLists.

Although I haven't used this in a long time here's some instructions that I created and just found:
1) Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> All Add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> SimplePlaylists

2) Main Menu -> Videos -> Add-ons -> SimplePlaylists right click and "choose add to Favourites"

3) Add the following to the AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\favourites.xml file:

<favourite name="SimplePlaylists">RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)</favourite>

4) Copy the C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

file to: AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

5) Add this line:

<F2>RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)</F2>

to the...

AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

...file anywhere within the Keyboard Global section.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Play next video automatically

Now, when you play something(let's say episode 1) when it finishes the next episode(2) will automatically play. This does not work with the widgets unfortunately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to auto play a list of TV episodes?0