Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi
(2013-10-09, 13:17)popcornmix Wrote: but it does limit the max cached image size to the gui resolution (which perhaps it shouldn't).

My reason for whacking up the fanart and poster resolution is that I might be accessing the media library with a 1080p-capable tablet, and don't want to be faced with a tablet display full of horribly pixelated artwork (which certainly used to be the case with the default settings back in the day, but I notice 720 is now the default fanartres, although imageres is only 540).

When using a tablet to browse the library (and thus artwork), it doesn't seem appropriate to impose restrictions that are designed to optimise the performance of the Pi GUI display, which isn't being used...

So I would say "shouldn't", and let the user decide what works best for them and how they will be consuming the artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi - by Milhouse - 2013-10-09, 14:24
RE: - by godson - 2013-10-13, 00:29
USB 2.0 vs. Class 10 vs. USB 3.0 - by xbs08 - 2013-12-13, 11:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi6