[MOD] Wall View - Larger Posters
Hi H.,

first of all big thx for this Mod!

As you can see in the picture below I still got some bugs.

1. The "New" and "Watched" flags are not sized correctly. Changes could interact with other views in tv shows etc I suspect?

2. This would be just fine tuning but as you can see on the left and right of the screen theres is still a little bit of the past/previous movie cover visible... Dunno if you wanted that?

Otherwise I love it ... Didn't like the Wall view before even I was using it. As you can see I kept my old MediaFlags.xml because the new one was interfering with my tv shows view ;-)

so long

This looks great, I am starting to get into skinning myself and It would be great to have an "info" tab display like the Kaleidescape.
(2013-11-03, 11:17)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi H.,

1. The "New" and "Watched" flags are not sized correctly. Changes could interact with other views in tv shows etc I suspect?

2. This would be just fine tuning but as you can see on the left and right of the screen theres is still a little bit of the past/previous movie cover visible... Dunno if you wanted that?

Otherwise I love it ... Didn't like the Wall view before even I was using it. As you can see I kept my old MediaFlags.xml because the new one was interfering with my tv shows view ;-)

so long

I saw the new/watched bug over the weekend. The attached file fixes it... I will update the original post to fix this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/63sj8y...e_Wall.xml

I always use a dark background for my settings... and never saw the ghosted part of the previous icons... this is a pain to configure, but I will give it a shot.

Thanks for noticing and reporting...

H.

Even when I switched to a white background, there is a default mask on the screen that essentially "conceals" those visible edges... Also you have some type of inverted interface.... how did you achieve that...?
(2013-11-04, 18:51)hernandito Wrote:
(2013-11-03, 11:17)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi H.,

so long

I saw the new/watched bug over the weekend. The attached file fixes it... I will update the original post to fix this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/63sj8y...e_Wall.xml

I always use a dark background for my settings... and never saw the ghosted part of the previous icons... this is a pain to configure, but I will give it a shot.

Thanks for noticing and reporting...

H.

Even when I switched to a white background, there is a default mask on the screen that essentially "conceals" those visible edges... Also you have some type of inverted interface.... how did you achieve that...?

Hi,

first thx for the changes ... it looks a hell lot better now Big Grin

I did some changes myself (hope that's alright with you)...

Well, I'm using the Aeon Nox Master skin and did a lot of changes myself even I'm a total noob ;-) I changed the background to brushed metal white (that comes in a Mod somewhere here in the forum) which gives the whole skin a totally "new" look. And I'm a bigger fan of white than black ;-)
If someone would take a look into my XBMC directory, I'm pretty sure he would beat me to death, but for me every things exactly as I like it and it's all running perfectly stable...
Well as I said I'm a noob so I can only tell you that with the "new" look brushed metal white and the adjustment of a light "shadow" (which appears as a white shadow) this is what I get...

I changed the wallpaper / fanart to one picture (see below) which is a brushed black metal pic but because of the white shadow it's looking like this...

Hope any of my written makes any sense to you otherwise I'm happy to answer any questions as far as I'm able to ;-)

(2013-11-04, 18:46)Big Steve Wrote: This looks great, I am starting to get into skinning myself and It would be great to have an "info" tab display like the Kaleidescape.

Hi Steve,

Implementing an an info tab like Kaleidoscope is beyond my skill level.

The way I usually browse my movies collection is that I typically go to Recent Movies with the Showcase View on it... this shows everything recent, nice and big with all the info you can see... then if I want to watch my entire collection, I set that to my Wall View...I have a lot of movies and I need a way to go through them, while seeing the right number of posters at once... too many posters and my brain cannot visually process them.

(2013-11-04, 23:37)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi,

first thx for the changes ... it looks a hell lot better now Big Grin

I did some changes myself (hope that's alright with you)...

Well, I'm using the Aeon Nox Master skin and did a lot of changes myself even I'm a total noob ;-) I changed the background to brushed metal white (that comes in a Mod somewhere here in the forum) which gives the whole skin a totally "new" look. And I'm a bigger fan of white than black ;-)
If someone would take a look into my XBMC directory, I'm pretty sure he would beat me to death, but for me every things exactly as I like it and it's all running perfectly stable...
Well as I said I'm a noob so I can only tell you that with the "new" look brushed metal white and the adjustment of a light "shadow" (which appears as a white shadow) this is what I get...

I changed the wallpaper / fanart to one picture (see below) which is a brushed black metal pic but because of the white shadow it's looking like this...

Hope any of my written makes any sense to you otherwise I'm happy to answer any questions as far as I'm able to ;-)

BugRaider it does look nice... fun doing this right...? but I do prefer the darker views... Let me play around a little on my end to figure out how to eliminate the shadows on the ends... I may be able to tell you which parameter to change to fix it so you dont have to redo your changes.
(2013-11-05, 12:59)hernandito Wrote: BugRaider it does look nice... fun doing this right...? but I do prefer the darker views... Let me play around a little on my end to figure out how to eliminate the shadows on the ends... I may be able to tell you which parameter to change to fix it so you dont have to redo your changes.

A lot of fun indeed Big Grin
Well your skill level is still another universe for me haha
I'm just playing around will colors and png's and sometimes I copy a line from this forum and change an *.xml but that's more luck and trial and error than anything else ;-)

Would be just amazing if you could do that! I thank you again for your work cause I really love this view. I had exactly the same problem as you did. The wall view had just too many poster to process but luckily you had an idea Cool

so long
(2013-11-05, 16:08)BugRaider84 Wrote: A lot of fun indeed Big Grin
I'm just playing around will colors and png's and sometimes I copy a line from this forum and change an *.xml but that's more luck and trial and error than anything else ;-)

Would be just amazing if you could do that! I thank you again for your work cause I really love this view. I had exactly the same problem as you did. The wall view had just too many poster to process but luckily you had an idea Cool

so long

I have tried for an hour and cannot figure out how to space these better...

The only suggestions I can offer is to remove the drop shadows of all the non-active posters... This would entail commenting out lines 278 and 292.

Or editing or recreating thumbs/poster_shadow5.png to somehow have them not show left or right vertical side shadows...

Sorry...

EDIT:

This one image works OK.... better than no shadow..
http://www.mediafire.com/view/myfiles/#59cs5armcb3csl1
(2013-11-05, 17:40)hernandito Wrote:
(2013-11-05, 16:08)BugRaider84 Wrote: A lot of fun indeed Big Grin

so long

I have tried for an hour and cannot figure out how to space these better...

The only suggestions I can offer is to remove the drop shadows of all the non-active posters... This would entail commenting out lines 278 and 292.

Or editing or recreating thumbs/poster_shadow5.png to somehow have them not show left or right vertical side shadows...

Sorry...

Well without the shadows it does look terrible so I'd rather stick with this solution...

would it be possible to somehow make just slightly bigger gaps between the posters so the side shadows would be "pushed" away? Or is it possible to kinda show only background starting at pixel xy?
As I said I'm a noob so I don't know if this would be somehow practical ... I would try it myself, but I don't even know where to start Huh
Take a look at my edit above.... But what you suggest is everything I tried... I had somehow figured out how to do all that but I cannot re-figure it out.

I think the above image is a good compromise.
EDIT
Can you try changing line 430 to a value of 120
and
line 432 to a value of 1640

Please let me know how that looks.
I think I got it all working perfectly... with original drop shadow image.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8g7fp...llv1.1.rar

Please let me know if this works and I will update original post.

Thanks,

H.

EDIT I will need to fix the Watched/New position... but that is easy...
(2013-11-05, 19:16)hernandito Wrote: I think I got it all working perfectly... with original drop shadow image.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8g7fp...llv1.1.rar

Please let me know if this works and I will update original post.

Thanks,

H.

EDIT I will need to fix the Watched/New position... but that is easy...

Hey

wow! I was afk for like 2-3 hours watching a movie and didn't expect to hear from you that fast... especially with a perfect solution! You've done it mate Big Grin

As you mentioned the flags need to be rearranged but besides that Thumbs UP !

Here is the pic:

Awesome... thanks... Original Post updated with fixed flags...
Hi H.

I was experimenting a little bit with your Mod and kinda did a Mod on your Mod Angel

I hope it's okay otherwise just let me know. I'm btw really impressed what huge differences you can accomplish by just changing parameters Cool

I changed the discart pull to the right instead of the top and changed your poster_shadow4 to create a "blue glow shadow" out of your poster_shadow5 for the highlighted movie. I had to change some positions as well and this is the result:

For some modders here this might be just baby poop Tongue but for me that's a major step haha

If someone is interested in the modified lines and the shadow pic I'm happy to release it if H. approves it :-)

so long
Does anyone know btw where to adjust the position of the movie logo?

Cheers in advance...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Wall View - Larger Posters1