Win Music Video Downloader - Download Youtube Mvids Automatically
Not my app but I've tested it and it works really well. Thanks to kiwijunglist for writing it!

The best thing is it names all the music videos to the correct XBMC scraper format for this scraper Big Grin

Description
Download All Music Videos from YouTube using your last.fm artist library.
It uses http://www.theaudiodb.com API so if you want to add any music videos, then add them on that site so everyone benefits.

Download
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/attach...ip.134670/

Original URL
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...er.120700/

Installation
Extract everything inside the zip into a folder
Run MVD.exe
Enter Download folder for music videos
Enter any other music video folders in the box below
Enable [x] Monitor Clipboard
Right click a video link in youtube and click copy link
If everything is working correctly you can now bulk download lots of videos
Click Bulk Downloads
Click Add Top Artists from Library. Choose 100 Artists.
Enter details, Click Start
Wait a few minutes, Review selection, Rename/Delete items.
Click Finished. Click View DL List, this should show a list of videos
Add more videos if wanted. Click Start Bulk DL, goto sleep.
Wake up with a perfect music video collection based on your music taste Smile

Screens
Image Image

Changelog
V3 - Initial release
V4 - Cosmetic changes and multiple parallel downloads.
V5 - Huge Change completely rewrote program works awesomely I love it.
v6 - Fixed bug on bulk downloader was trying to open a folder instead of the bulk dl process Smile
v7 - Fixed bug causing some videos to be saved as title - artist instead of artist - title. Also fixed bug where Bulk DL's were being saved to normal DL folder.
v8 - Lots of improvements, the main one being handling of special characters to autostart DL (so you can add shortcut to startup folder if you wish)
v9 - GUI Improved for adding videos to download list. Added options to modify the DL List (Clear/Reset/Retry). Added options for Similar artists and top artists.
v10 Added Pitchforktv. Fixed issue with bulk download trying to DL unlimited # of simultaneous DLs at once.
v11 - special character tweaks. russian tweak. Broke similar artists (?v10) now fixed it.
I tried this and it downloaded 900+ music videos in a about 2hrs.

Job done!
I have a few questions about this tool...

1. Does this pull info from Last.FM, or TheAudioDB.com and create .nfo files for the Music Videos? Also, does it download Artist photos, Album Art, etc from either of those websites? If not, is this a feature you could add?

2. Are you able to select the quality of the video downloaded (480, 720, 1080)? Ideally, set it to only download 1080p videos, but if they aren't available grab 720p, and skip anything of lower quality.

3. What other features does this have, other than just downloading of Videos and renaming them Artist - track? Does it only work for Youtube, or does it work with other Music Video websites (Vevo, Muzu, etc)?
1) It finds out a list of artist names from any Last.FM users library. It then uses TADB to find the youtube links and download them. It doesn't create nfo files or any other metadata no.

2) Nope, it always downloads the best version available I think.

3) Just YouTube
This sounds awesome, I am deeply impressed. Before trying it out, a few questions:

1) Will it memorize what has been downloaded before? In other words, when adding artists to last.fm, could it later downloads only those new artists and new videos added to TADB? Otherwise, how would you run it again after you downloaded 900+ music videos?

2) What file format is it downloading? Will this be a itunes compatible format?

3) Any chance to tag the files to reflect the artist name and video name in the tag (not only the file name)?

Thanks again, from the little replies, not enough people noticed yet what fantastic thing you created here!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
1) Basically yes.. It doesn't memorize things but it will skip any files already downloaded. It works well just building your collection each time its run. If you add a load of mvid links on TADB then go back and run the app it will only download those new ones. You can also select separate MVID directories to check before downloading.

2) Mp4 mostly, but it grabs whatever youtube supplies which can include flv and webm formats. I've not tried these with the scrapers yet but they should be supported by the XBMC player.

3) Videos don't have metadata unfortunately but the correct file names are enough to import into XBMC.

KiwiJungalist on the Media Portal forums created this Wink

I just thought it would be useful to XBMC users to know about it.
(2013-10-03, 16:02)zag Wrote: 1) Basically yes.. It doesn't memorize things but it will skip any files already downloaded. It works well just building your collection each time its run. If you add a load of mvid links on TADB then go back and run the app it will only download those new ones. You can also select separate MVID directories to check before downloading.

Sounds great. How does it only download new files and artists if it does not "memorize"? Do I have to leave the movie videos in the download folder or can I move them away?

(2013-10-03, 16:02)zag Wrote: KiwiJungalist on the Media Portal forums created this Wink

I just thought it would be useful to XBMC users to know about it.

True and that's what you actually wrote in the opening post. Thanks for creating awareness - sounds indeed very cool!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
It reads checks the download directory for the music video and skips it if it already exists. So yes you need to leave them in the download Dir.

I found it downloaded around 2,500 music videos and took about 92GB
Fix for special characters like royksopp
This was awesome - I used it to build about 1300 videos. Looked at the videos and it was a little shy on country videos. So, I made a new Last.fm profile, added a few country stars, and looked at my Neighborhood. Found a user who had roughly similar country interests, and used his username to download a ton more.

Thank you for this!!!! Smile Smile Smile
Just came across this post by chance - thank you great application
Has anyone got this working succesfully. It seems not to pick up all the artists i have added to my last.fm library eg not picking up Black Eyed Peas, Marillion, or even Madonna. I have tried deleting the cache and reinstalling from scratch. Thought i would ask here before registering on the Media Portal website
Yeh it works fine for me. I can pick any Last.fm user and it downloads all the videos.

Make sure the artist has youtube links on http://www.theaudiodb.com though otherwise it wont download anything.
You can try aneesoft free youtube downloader to free download youtube videos.
I have released a cross-platform version written in python with similar functionality

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194828

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Video Downloader - Download Youtube Mvids Automatically53