Command line - Update library
Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else but I've searched everywhere and I can't find a solution for this.

At the minute I automatically download new TV shows then they are renamed and placed in the relevant folders. Using eventghost, for movies I can just load an instance of EMM with command line '–newauto –all', but there is no way for me to automatically update my TV shows through command line.

I realise that there have been a few requests for command line TV show scraping and it may already be in progress or a reason why it can not be done, but I don't think I actually require TV show scraping.

If I open EMM and click "Update library" for my TV shows, that is enough to generate .nfo files and create a thumbnail for new episodes, without doing any scraping at all.

Is there any way to just update my TV show library from command line without having to do it manually? This is the only thing preventing full automation in my setup!

Thanks for any help!
(2013-10-02, 10:59)spncrmoo Wrote: Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else but I've searched everywhere and I can't find a solution for this.

At the minute I automatically download new TV shows then they are renamed and placed in the relevant folders. Using eventghost, for movies I can just load an instance of EMM with command line '–newauto –all', but there is no way for me to automatically update my TV shows through command line.

I realise that there have been a few requests for command line TV show scraping and it may already be in progress or a reason why it can not be done, but I don't think I actually require TV show scraping.

If I open EMM and click "Update library" for my TV shows, that is enough to generate .nfo files and create a thumbnail for new episodes, without doing any scraping at all.

Is there any way to just update my TV show library from command line without having to do it manually? This is the only thing preventing full automation in my setup!

Thanks for any help!

Interesting, I might look into this. Do you mean for updating tv shows you click "Update Library" --> "TV Shows" -> "Only update TV Shows" or just the top bar button "Update library" in Ember?

Back from investigating and I noticed that Ember already does an "Update library" in Batchmode before starting the commands. This makes sense as "Newauto" needs new movies which only can be retrievend through automatic library update. This means after running the commandline new tv epsiodes should be recognized already.
(2013-10-02, 19:15)Cocotus Wrote: Interesting, I might look into this. Do you mean for updating tv shows you click "Update Library" --> "TV Shows" -> "Only update TV Shows" or just the top bar button "Update library" in Ember?

Back from investigating and I noticed that Ember already does an "Update library" in Batchmode before starting the commands. This makes sense as "Newauto" needs new movies which only can be retrievend through automatic library update. This means after running the commandline new tv epsiodes should be recognized already.

Strange. I'm talking about the top bar button "Update library" (When I'm in the TV shows tab, not sure if this makes any difference).
One thing I do notice is that when I click this button, in the bottom left it says "Performing preliminary tasks..." followed by "Cleaning database".

Does the batchmode do both of these tasks, or just look for new videos?
Also maybe in batchmode it only refreshes the Movies, not TV shows? No clue really what I'm talking about just trying to think logically haha!
(2013-10-03, 10:15)spncrmoo Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 19:15)Cocotus Wrote: Interesting, I might look into this. Do you mean for updating tv shows you click "Update Library" --> "TV Shows" -> "Only update TV Shows" or just the top bar button "Update library" in Ember?

Strange. I'm talking about the top bar button "Update library" (When I'm in the TV shows tab, not sure if this makes any difference).
One thing I do notice is that when I click this button, in the bottom left it says "Performing preliminary tasks..." followed by "Cleaning database".

Also maybe in batchmode it only refreshes the Movies, not TV shows? No clue really what I'm talking about just trying to think logically haha!

Can confirm that in commandline only movies work, TV Show updating has never worked.
I shall be entering this and whole lot of others as features request on the bugtracker, hopefully tomorrow
(2013-10-04, 02:56)shaktoo Wrote:
(2013-10-03, 10:15)spncrmoo Wrote:

Can confirm that in commandline only movies work, TV Show updating has never worked.
I shall be entering this and whole lot of others as features request on the bugtracker, hopefully tomorrow

Ok thats a good idea, thanks. Don't forget database monitoring Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Command line - Update library0