• 5(current)
Req Sports scraper
same here! Maybe we can only focus on the most popular sports in order to make easier the development of the page
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
I played with this a little today Wink

@zag looks good.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Looks cool Smile
Please include an entry to alternative names or keywords such as a list: arsenalfc,arsenal-fc, arsenal fc, arsenal football club, gunners etc. Having these keywords present I guess it will be easy later to match the teams correctly Smile
Keep us posted
As this is under heavy development get the feature requests in now Wink

Some questions:

How many fanarts are required?
What facts about the stadiums do we need?
What sports do people want?
Is live scores wanted?
How should the data be scrapped? (by week? by tvshow? by event?)
What artwork do people want for each team?
Different Language support?
For other sports football (soccer to those of you accross the pond) etc

Fanarts - at least 2, with the ability for users to add more
Stadiums - history, seating capacity, build date, previous stadiums.
Live scores - personally i'm not bothered about this, but if you have a reliable source they can be taken from for each sport.
Update / scrapping - probably once a week, don't want to overload the hosting.
Artwork - fanart, poster, logo etc or if you mean more like, stadium, club logo, players, etc
Fixture lists?

Formula 1 support please.

f1 as the show, each race season as a season and each event i.e australia as an episode (practice, quali, race etc as the same episode number). Basically the way it's currently set up if using the nfo's from the f1 thread.

Fanart, banners, posters, logo, thumbs, etc

If possible...
* Circuit info - description, history, images,
* Drivers - description, history, images,
* teams - description, history, images,

I have a shed load of f1 content nfo's / artwork etc, i'd be happy to upload to the site.
(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: What sports do people want?

I'm a football (soccer in the 3rd world Tongue) addicted. For me I'd have to point only the main sports at first: Football,NFL,NBA,NHL,motorsports(?). Later, depending on the success and further tools developed I'd extend it for other sports.

(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: What facts about the stadiums do we need?

City location and capacity should be enough. As a bonus maybe a history plot, gps coordinates (for integration with external map's applications in the future) and a small gallery.

(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: How many fanarts are required?

I'd say 1 or 2 by sport and 1 or 2 by league. I'd love the possibility to have custom fanarts by competition such as the ones present in the zerozero (zerozero.pt) website/database (in small size unfortunately Sad )

(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: Is live scores wanted?

They are but possible too hard to implement for now. I'd prefer, at this point only fixtures and next matches by competition/team

(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: How should the data be scrapped? (by week? by tvshow? by event?)

Something like ~/Sport/Season/Competition (League vs Cup)/Round(a bit boarder than week/event as it can be a week fixture, group fase, a semi-final, a final)

(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: What artwork do people want for each team?

Logo/badge,Home/away jersey, 3/4 fanarts max per team (one general - logo/stadium/Slogan), another historic (e.g. Historic team or club event), another more related to the present (e.g. Real Madrid fanart with Cristiano Ronaldo).

I would leave an entry for the team/competition anthem.

(2014-12-23, 17:51)zag Wrote: Different Language support?

Its a plus. I would only consider alternative languages to anything plot related.

Thanks for developing and starting the project. I'm open to develop some automation scripts to get info from various sites to feed the database if needed.
Please have also a look at this site: http://www.footytube.com/openfooty/
It can give you the info about the clubs/matches/videos in xml or json format

Cheers
Soccer is where I started and pretty easy to find information but can someone explain the League structure of American Sports to me please?

Specifically I am looking to include American Football, Baseball and Basketball. Googling for information has got me going round in circles Big Grin

How are the USA sports leagues structured? Do they have different divisions?
Awesome work!! Big Grin
If you want motorsport information, I can do it and provide a few guys who could help ypu with this data

Most of information about Motorsport races could be found in forix.autosport.com

The idea will be like this

Motorsport
--Formula 1
-------01 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX // 01 Australian GP // GP de Australia
(Some people could prefer to add the official name, some could prefer their translated name, some the )
----------01 Friday Events
---------------01 Free Practice 01

----------02 Saturday Events
---------------01 Free Practice 03
---------------40 TV Pre-Quali
---------------50 Qualifying

-----------03 Sunday Events
---------------01 Warmup
---------------40 TV Pre-Race
---------------50 Race
---------------60 Post-Race
---------------70 Race Edits

Why this?
Because today we don't have warmup, but a few years ago, warmup was an option more, and now the Free Practices are not the same than a few years ago
And the best option, in other motorsport events where you have more than one race or maybe more than one qualifying event too

In multy-category events like MotoGp, it could be better to divide first ing Series. Using the same distribution like F1
Motorsport
--MotoGp
-----MotoGp
-------01 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX // 01 Australian GP // GP de Australia
(Some people could prefer to add the official name, some could prefer their translated name, some the )
-----Moto2
-------01 COMMERCIAL BANK GRAND PRIX OF QATAR MotoGP // 01 Qatar GP // GP de Catar (sic)

How to deal with some mising events for inferior categories? If we prefer to use the MotoGP number, the division should be
--Year
-----Event
--------Category
-------------Day
------------------Event order.avi

I think this is more logical, but the first one could be easier for programing

In rallying events, could be similar than MotoGP changing "Event01" for "SS01" (Super Special 01)

The problem could be in some special Championships Events where some competitions could merge some categories (Very comon in endurance events). Could be an item in more than one list?
For example, 24 Hours of Le Mans is a unique event itself, but it is part of WEC Championship too.
How to split this events? In hours? Huh
I can only help a bit with American Basketball.
Basically you have "NBA" and a development league called "NBA D-League".
The NBA starts every year with a Summer League.
Then it moves on to the Regular Season where each team plays ~80 games.
And finally it reaches the Playoffs.
During the Regular Season, Teams are organized in Divisions and Divisions are organized in Conferences.
There's the West conference with the following divisions: Northwest, Pacific and Southwest.
And there's the East conference with the following divisions: Atlantic, Central and Southeast.
Only the best 8 from each Conference will go into the Playoffs. By "best" I mean those with better PCT, which is measured between 0.000 and 1.000. You obviously get that figure by dividing the amount of won games by the amount of lost games. For instance 30% is shown as 0.300.
Those 8 teams will compete against themselves inside each conference in a bracket-like configuration.
The wikipedia explains it really well.

Teams in Northwest:
Portland "Trailblazers"
Oklahoma City "Thunder"
Denver "Nuggets"
Utah "Jazz"
Minnesota "Timberwolves"

Teams in the Pacific:
Golden State "Warriors"
L.A. "Clippers"
Phoenix "Suns"
Sacramento "Kings"
L.A. "Lakers"

Teams in the Southwest:
Houston "Rockets"
Memphis "Grizzlies"
Dallas "Mavericks"
San Antonio "Spurs"
New Orleans "Pelicans"

The Atlantic:
Toronto "Raptors"
Brooklyn "Nets"
Boston "Celtics"
New York "Knicks"
Philadelphia "76ers"

Central:
Chicago "Bulls"
Cleveland "Cavaliers"
Milwaukee "Bucks"
Indiana "Pacers"
Detroit "Pistons"

Southeast:
Atlanta "Hawks"
Washington "Wizards"
Miami "Heat"
Orlando "Magic"
Charlotte "Hornets"

As usual in the States, basketball is all about statistics. Here's a good reference site regarding statistics http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Let me know what kind of info you need.
It would be cool to at least compare teams in terms of efficiency percentage (usually just PCT).
Compare them by the last 10 games (L10) won - lost.
Check them by their record at home and on the road.
Check players by their double doubles and triple doubles.
Check players by their assists (AST), offensive and defensive rebounds (ORB/DRB), steals (STL), turnovers (TOV), blocks (BLK), field goals (FG), 3 point shooting, free throw precision, etc.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
(2014-12-27, 19:55)Katapiro Wrote: If you want motorsport information, I can do it and provide a few guys who could help ypu with this data

Most of information about Motorsport races could be found in forix.autosport.com

The idea will be like this

Motorsport
--Formula 1
---------------01 Free Practice 01

----------02 Saturday Events
---------------01 Free Practice 03
---------------40 TV Pre-Quali
---------------50 Qualifying

-----------03 Sunday Events
---------------01 Warmup
---------------40 TV Pre-Race
---------------50 Race
---------------60 Post-Race
---------------70 Race Edits

Why this?
Because today we don't have warmup, but a few years ago, warmup was an option more, and now the Free Practices are not the same than a few years ago
And the best option, in other motorsport events where you have more than one race or maybe more than one qualifying event too

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how would you get kodi to display this level of information without building a specific add-on for it? There's too many levels to the setup, all Kodi can handle is show, season & episode.

The way i have formula 1 set up in kodi at the moment is as follows.

Show = Formula 1
Season = Year
Episode = video files - i.e.

D:\Formula 1\Season 2014\01 Australian

S2014E01 - Australian GP Practice 1.mkv
S2014E01 - Australian GP Practice 2.mkv
S2014E01 - Australian GP Practice 3.mkv
S2014E01 - Australian GP Qualifying.mkv
S2014E01 - Australian GP The Race.mkv

D:\Formula 1\Season 2014\02 Malaysian

S2014E02 - Malaysian GP Practice 1.mkv
S2014E02 - Malaysian GP Practice 2.mkv
S2014E02 - Malaysian GP Practice 3.mkv
S2014E02 - Malaysian GP Qualifying.mkv
S2014E02 - Malaysian GP The Race.mkv
(2014-12-21, 19:09)zag Wrote: I played with this a little today Wink

God bless you zag! What a Christmas Present! Rofl
Some posts ago I suggested some sports structures:

(2014-07-21, 21:54)Ovokx Wrote: I think that it would be great to create the site orientated to be a TV scraper, in order to avoid creating the nfo's manually. Even I don't know if it will be possible to create a different section in XBMC exclusive for sports like videoclips.

The data structure could be like this: "Sport"+"League"+"Season"+"Week"+"Game". Here you can see an example with different kind of sports:

- Basketball
--- NBA (regular season)
----- 2013/14
--------- 2014.04.16 19:00h GMT Indiana vs Orlando
--------- 2014.04.16 19:30h GMT Chicago vs Charlotte
--- NBA (play-offs)
----- 2013/14
--------- 2014.04.19 19:00h GMT Brooklyn vs Toronto
--------- 2014.04.19 19:30h GMT Golden St. vs LA Lakers
--------- 2014.04.20 19:00h GMT Dallas vs San Antonio
- Football
--- Liga BBVA
----- 2013/14
------- Week 20
--------- 2014.01.17 17:00h GMT+1 Levante vs Barcelona
- Motor
--- Formula 1
------- Rolex Australian Grand Prix
--------- 2014.03.14 12:30h GMT Practice 1
--------- 2014.03.14 16:30h GMT Practice 2
--------- 2014.03.15 14:00h GMT Practice 3
--------- 2014.03.15 17:00h GMT Qualifying
--------- 2014.03.16 17:00h GMT Race
- Tennis
--- Australian Open Grand Slam
------- First Round (singles)
------- Segond Round (singles)
------- Third Round (singles)
------- Fourth Round (singles)
------- Quarterfinals (singles)
------- Single Semifinals
------- Single Finals

As you can see, the "week" is an important issue to be included as it could include lot of single games. Ones can be numbers (see Liga BBVA) and others can be text (see Formula 1 or Australian Open Grand Slam).

Hope it helps!

Smile

BTW, sports that I would love to see included are (in order):
  • Football (soccer)
  • Basketball
  • F1
  • Olympic Games
Just a quick reply for a request: would you please consider including Formula E and WEC?
http://www.fiaformulae.com/
http://www.fiawec.com/
Both have easy to locate sources on the web (youtube) and they're fun to watch, compared to the lousy F1 we've had for the past 4 or 5 years which just got even worse this last season.
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sports scraper1