• 17(current)
Req Sports scraper
(2015-02-10, 11:59)zag Wrote: - Added Golf and Baseball sports

I have some question related to the new Golf sport category:
  • As there's no "teams", will players be added/assigned directly to a league/tournament?
  • PGA Tournament is based on different trophies (here you can see the full list) so, must we consider it as a "league" and every trophy as an indivual event? What about others trophies that are not included on a tournament?
  • Will it be possible to assign to an event a "start date" & "finishing date"?
  • Will it be possible to assign a player to multiple events?

Why am I asking this? Just thinking forward for other future individual sports like Tennis Tongue
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
For Nascar (don't know if other motorsports need/want these too) these extras would be nice

Tracklength
Banking of the Turns
Surface of track
Type of track (superspeedway, short rack,...)
Degrees of turns
Length of front- and backstretch

If I can think of more I will edit this post :-)
(2015-02-10, 20:20)Ovokx Wrote:
  • As there's no "teams", will players be added/assigned directly to a league/tournament?
  • PGA Tournament is based on different trophies (here you can see the full list) so, must we consider it as a "league" and every trophy as an indivual event? What about others trophies that are not included on a tournament?

So far I've just added the country as the team. So all USA players go into a team called "USA". If you can think of anything better let me know. Every player must have a team though.
Multi leagues and competitions will take a lot of work, but i'm still thinking about it.
Events are currently single days only
Tennis is coming as well at some point Wink
(2015-02-10, 22:43)cirkator Wrote: For Nascar (don't know if other motorsports need/want these too) these extras would be nice

Tracklength
Banking of the Turns
Surface of track
Type of track (superspeedway, short rack,...)
Degrees of turns
Length of front- and backstretch

If I can think of more I will edit this post :-)

Very cool but I will have to keep the data fields generic for all motor sports so I can only use a few of them.

I'm already doing quite a lot of custom work for the motor category as it is! Wink
Finally finished the event editing today. That's the last major piece of the jigsaw:

- Added event editing (you can now edit any event date, scores or attendance figures quickly by clicking on the edit pencil on the event page.
- Added event google search. Just click on the magnifying glass on the event page to search google for the score or details.
- Backend database work for motorsport support
- Next 12 events now shown on the main league page
- Last 12 results now shown on the main league page

I might look at league tables next..
Zag,

Is it possible to create a method for listing only matches of a specific league and a specific round? It would be nice for fixtures.

For instance:

-league.gettotalnumberofrounds -> return the total number of rounds of a league
-league.getactualround -> return the round of the next event in a league
-league.getround(1) -> return events that match round 1 of league

cheers
(2015-02-11, 16:24)zag Wrote: - Added event editing (you can now edit any event date, scores or attendance figures quickly by clicking on the edit pencil on the event page.
- Added event google search. Just click on the magnifying glass on the event page to search google for the score or details.
- Backend database work for motorsport support
- Next 12 events now shown on the main league page
- Last 12 results now shown on the main league page

Image Image
(2015-02-11, 16:19)zag Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 20:20)Ovokx Wrote:

So far I've just added the country as the team. So all USA players go into a team called "USA". If you can think of anything better let me know. Every player must have a team though.
Multi leagues and competitions will take a lot of work, but i'm still thinking about it.
Events are currently single days only
Tennis is coming as well at some point Wink

Some suggestions in order to create events related to Golf:

- On event creation page, it should appear a "title event" field to add the trophy name (similar to motorsport events)
- On event creation page, it should be possible to assign more than two teams in order to include all the players/countries
- On event creation page, it should appear some new fields like "Purse" & "Winning share" and "Attendance" I think that can be removed
(2015-02-11, 16:20)zag Wrote: I'm already doing quite a lot of custom work for the motor category as it is! Wink

And that is highly appreciated!!! Big Grin
(2015-02-11, 16:19)zag Wrote: So far I've just added the country as the team. So all USA players go into a team called "USA". If you can think of anything better let me know. Every player must have a team though.

I was thinking about this and... what do you think about creating golf players as teams on the database instead of team+player?

BTW, I have tested the creation of a golfer and once is created, it's not assigned to the related league. You can see an example on Tiger Woods: http://www.thesportsdb.com/%5Cplayer%5C34159843
(2015-02-11, 22:03)Ovokx Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 16:19)zag Wrote: So far I've just added the country as the team. So all USA players go into a team called "USA". If you can think of anything better let me know. Every player must have a team though.

I was thinking about this and... what do you think about creating golf players as teams on the database instead of team+player?

BTW, I have tested the creation of a golfer and once is created, it's not assigned to the related league. You can see an example on Tiger Woods: http://www.thesportsdb.com/%5Cplayer%5C34159843

Hmm don't think that will work as you wont be able to use the API to search for players then, I've just added them under "European Tour Golfers" and "PGA Tour Golfers" teams now.

They should be assigned the correct sport and league now.
The main problem that I see on this is that you are always assigning all the players to all the events of the league when this is not true. For example, Tiger Woods has only played 2 PGA Trophies this year of a total of 16
If there are NHL fans around please help us filling the RSS feed url for all teams. The nhl.com website has rss feeds for all teams as for example red wings:

http://redwings.nhl.com/rss/news.xml

If there are NBA fans around please help us doing the same for NBA teams. The nba.com website has feeds for all teams. Example for bucks:

http://www.nba.com/bucks/rss.xml

(2015-02-18, 17:18)enen92 Wrote: If there are NHL fans around please help us filling the RSS feed url for all teams. The nhl.com website has rss feeds for all teams as for example red wings:

i'll do that - how. i dont see an option when logged into the site.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-02-18, 17:29)bry- Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 17:18)enen92 Wrote: If there are NHL fans around please help us filling the RSS feed url for all teams. The nhl.com website has rss feeds for all teams as for example red wings:

i'll do that - how. i dont see an option when logged into the site.

Just click on established and you'll find an rss url entry there:

If possible try to fill the official youtube channel for each team if not present. Something with the following format:

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialRedWings
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sports scraper1