Unable to connect to theconcertdb.org
Hi All,

I've been using theconcertdb.org / TMDB as preferred scraper for concert vids and stand up comedy (I find that it is waaaaay superior to the other 2 btw). I had gone thru and manually scraped about 50 concerts, editing the titles to suit TMDB and where were just single tracks and one-offs, I created and uploaded my own thumbnails - had it all singing. And then i did something and wiped all the good work - it was either:

"Update library" or
Scan for new content"

and I lost all my lovely covers meta data etc.

I thought bummer - will have to go a recreate it all - so I go into "Change content" and then select "theconcertdb" and i get an error message:

"Unable to Connect to Server
Would you like to continue scanning?"

for about the last week or so.

System
-----------

Xtreamer Ultra 2 deluxe
OpenElec 3.2.1
Froddo 12.2

I tried disabling and re-enabling and also uninstall and re-install.

I've researched the issue and found references to outdated API's
as well as this >> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112150&page=14
which ends in an updated zip file, which i installed and it updated another scraper, the musicvideodb.org - which i tried on one concert, America in Concert Live at the Sydney Opera House and got really stupid results (some evil movie).

Any ideas out there as it's driving me batty.

Thanks folks and greetings from Sydney Aus

Jim
Music Video section is not for concerts.

Better to add them to the movie section and create a smart playlist for them for a filtered view.
Yes use the Video node function with a smart playlist, and the normal TMDB scraper.

Should work fine.
Thanks Olympia / Zag

I changed content to "Movies" and re-scraped, using TMDB and it's picked up about 20 of 55 concert videos. All vids are in their own folder and I've gone thru and edited titles to closely match TMDB.

Also after this process, none of the concerts show up on selecting Concerts from my main menu

Very frustrating - any ideas?

Jim
You need to also do this (emphasis mine):

(2013-10-03, 20:26)olympia Wrote: Better to add them to the movie section and create a smart playlist for them for a filtered view.
(2013-10-03, 23:51)zag Wrote: Yes use the Video node function with a smart playlist, and the normal TMDB scraper.
thanks artrafael - i have no idea how to do this so sounds like a weekend research project.

if you have time, I'd really appreciate a step by step guide

I'm pretty sure i'll be able to work out smart playlists but it's more how best to organise, where/how to add etc.

also i read that "theconcertdb" was created specifically for concerts - when it was working and i could connect to it, it correctly scraped about 90 percent of my concert vids?

again, much appreciation

Jim
Read this wiki article: Smart playlists (wiki)
Then, using a skin that supports custom shortcuts on the homepage, create a shortcut to launch this smart playlist.
thanks artrafael - as mentioned, i'm confident of working through and implementing smart playlists/shortcut

it's more how best to organise, where/how to add etc. and then perform a successful scrape - the wiki to which you refer says must first be added to the libraries using a scraper addon or by creating NFO files. - this is where i'm struggling.

Maybe nfo files is the way to go? Although i tried this without success -see my post from yesterday

>> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174851

I'm using AEON NOX btw

jim
Yes you can use nfo files to override the scraper.

Also check here on how to separate them from your main movies from your music concerts. It is incredibly powerful.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes
Until video nodes are configurable from the XBMC gui I think using the hacked scraper is still the preferred way to go, atleast if you don't have "real" music video clips in your library. I don't want to see the concerts listed in the default movie nodes.
(2013-10-04, 11:02)SpaceMonkey Wrote: Until video nodes are configurable from the XBMC gui I think using the hacked scraper is still the preferred way to go, atleast if you don't have "real" music video clips in your library. I don't want to see the concerts listed in the default movie nodes.

i indeed also use music videos for concerts. i don't care about music videos
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Bad practice :p
bad database design Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to theconcertdb.org0