• 111(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
(2014-01-11, 18:45)tomn Wrote: well not really, i might lend 1 of a friend/work however there is no PS/2 port on my zotac so i don't think it will work with a PS/2 to USB adapter

Most likely no... since the issue is USB on the install =\. I think there is a way via command to install via SSH but I am not sure how to do that with the mini.iso.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
Worked for me on four different zotac boxes. So worth a try.

Besides that: Install a mini iso Raring, do a release upgrade and continue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Fritsch is there a way for me to try yadif on my a4 3400? It supports sse4a according to CPU world.
(2014-01-11, 15:28)fritsch Wrote: What's that one:
Quote:15:04:03 T:140181269362624 NOTICE: m_deviceName : alsa_output.pci-0000_00_14.2.analog-stereo.echo-cancel

Thats a device created in pulseaudio by loading the echo cancel module. I use it in voice calls with jitsi mainly - its really helps with echo reduction if you are using speakers and mic. Never created any issues.
@gfisher: Yes. Disable VDPAU, enable that Frame Threading setting and then choose "Deinterlace" as method.

And don't forget to deactivate the Frame treading afterwards prior to enableing vdpau.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-11, 17:23)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - trying to open device ALSA:default

Why is CAESinkALSA running at all?
In the mean time, add: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commit/c...7aede1eaab to get rid of that device with NULL channels.

What is CAESinkALSA? If its the alsa module its probably there because i use the old .xbmc directory because if i create a new one, xbmc never shows up. only starts eating RAM. I never got around to change it since when i even hover on the audio tab, it starts eating memory and pretty much locks up.

Should i recompile with alsa disabled?
Nope. then this device came out of old settings. Join irc please.
That was interesting. Decoding chokes a bit on 1080i h.264 on fast scenes leading to drops, but static slow moving scenes look GOOD. This with vdpau might be very interesting.... I will test some 480i comparing temporal to yadif. Thx.
Deinterlace seems to be a bit much on my a4 apu with h.264 1080i. Decoding h.264 hogs the CPU pretty well. OTA recorded 1080i mpeg2 decodes fine with yadif. Yadif is really good pq, noteably better than temporal it seems (first round of tests). Can Yadif be used with vdpau like vaapi, some how? For method it is missing.
We still await Temporal / Spatial deinterlacers for Radeon OSS. In theory yes, the same that is done now for vaapi can be done for VDPAU, too. But here it's not really worth the hassle. VAAPI had nothing before, only a Bob deinterlacer.

And for slow "Fusion" Systems it's not really the way to go.
Makes perfect sense. Handbrake ivtc does wonders for generating near perfect pq, also uses yadif. Thx.
@gradinaruvasile:

Does writing into guisettings.xml:

Code:
<audiodevice>PULSE:Default</audiodevice>

help? At the position you currently have ALSABig Grinefault?

Edit: The patch was a nobrainer.
(2014-01-11, 19:47)gfisher Wrote: Deinterlace seems to be a bit much on my a4 apu with h.264 1080i. Decoding h.264 hogs the CPU pretty well. OTA recorded 1080i mpeg2 decodes fine with yadif. Yadif is really good pq, noteably better than temporal it seems (first round of tests). Can Yadif be used with vdpau like vaapi, some how? For method it is missing.

hmm... i'm trying to find this. i'm not getting Yadif as an option in Method when disabling vdpau.
did I miss something?

i would like to give this a try...
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
The name is "Deinterlace".
(2014-01-11, 19:57)fritsch Wrote: @gradinaruvasile:

Does writing into guisettings.xml:

Code:
<audiodevice>PULSE:Default</audiodevice>

help? At the position you currently have ALSABig Grinefault?

Edit: The patch was a nobrainer.

No, i have PULSEBig Grinefault.
Applied the patch (actually i replaced that cpp file) and i did another make and i got this output:

http://pastebin.com/tbmLzu2w

And goes on and on like this.
Should i make clean before it? Note that i have the fernetmenta git cloned.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26