• 221(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Something is wrong here:
Quote:VC1_SIMPLE 1 9216 2048 1152
VC1_MAIN 2 9216 2048 1152
VC1_ADVANCED 4 9216 2048 1152

It should only announce ADVANCED profile. Make sure to _not_ install the libg3d stuff, but only mesa-vdpau-drivers. Provide dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I run the following:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo add-apt-repository -s ppa:team-xbmc/unstable
sudo apt-get install vdpauinfo mesa-vdpau-drivers

So I did not use the --> sudo apt-get install libg3dvl-mesa vdpauinfo linux-firmware

So not sure how to remove on check further! Anyway as wrote in other psot my CPU load have been way better for my 1080p TV streams and the 1080P .mkv´s I checked so far?

Gonna try later (kids need to go to bed now): dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit
Code:
kbnserver@kbnserver-desktop:/src/xbmc/xbmc-pvr-addons$ dpkg -l |grep mesa
ii  libegl1-mesa:i386                         10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the EGL API -- runtime
ii  libegl1-mesa-dev                          10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the EGL API -- development files
ii  libegl1-mesa-drivers:i386                 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the EGL API -- hardware drivers
ii  libgl1-mesa-dev                           10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX development files
ii  libgl1-mesa-dri:i386                      10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the OpenGL API -- DRI modules
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx:i386                      10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the OpenGL API -- GLX runtime
ii  libglapi-mesa:i386                        10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the GL API -- shared library
ii  libgles2-mesa:i386                        10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -- runtime
ii  libgles2-mesa-dev                         10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the OpenGL|ES 2.x API -- development files
ii  libglu1-mesa:i386                         9.0.0-2                                            i386         Mesa OpenGL utility library (GLU)
ii  libglu1-mesa-dev                          9.0.0-2                                            i386         Mesa OpenGL utility library -- development files
ii  libmirclientplatform-mesa:i386            0.1.8+14.04.20140411-0ubuntu1                      i386         Display server for Ubuntu - client platform library for Mesa
ii  libopenvg1-mesa:i386                      10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         free implementation of the OpenVG API -- runtime
ii  libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386                 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         implementation of the Wayland EGL platform -- runtime
ii  mesa-common-dev                           10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         Developer documentation for Mesa
ii  mesa-utils                                8.1.0-2                                            i386         Miscellaneous Mesa GL utilities
ii  mesa-vdpau-drivers:i386                   10.1.3-0ubuntu0.2                                  i386         Mesa VDPAU video acceleration drivers
In case of interest...
... at some point during testing different Mesa versions (10.3, 10.4rc, 10.5git) I lost vdpau hardware acceleration on my amd e350 in xbmc 13.2 and 14beta. I shuffled mesa versions and sometimes accel would be back, but some days later was absent again after small mesa updates.
At some point acceleration would not come back despite the version and even tearing was introduced (by mesa 10.5git or by enabling kdes option to disable compositing for fullscreen apps).

I found, that I had to force this in .bashrc:

Code:
export VDPAU_DRIVER=r600

one arch bug report says you also should set export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=vdpau also, but it works for me so far without (I am on suse). Does someone know what this variable is for? And does anyone have an idea what could have caused the switch from VDPAU_DRIVER=r600 to =va_gl?

cheers tomme.
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
fritsch,
what you sat to above #3303, is mesa installed correctly or?

As said before seems to me to havre redurced me CPU 50% --> 20% for TV streams!
Very nice, that it is working for you, keep it going

Come back when you find some bugs :-). Your vdpauinfo shows profiles that were disabled out of a reason, therefore I assume some "manually" installed libg3d stuff from an earlier mesa installation is around on your system. But - no intention to fix that, as it works™ for you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ok, thx......tried upscaling lacross3 and spline36, and get drobs and skips, so CPU+GPU is to weak for that part, but that is minor for me!

Again thx for you feedback!

Btw.....you had some interlaced files (transformers and other) you asked us to test with on J1900 some time backl Still got links for those just for the fun of testing?
Lanczos3 optimized and spline36 is done on the GPU, It's a 6x6 convolution filter with a special computed kernel - has nothing to do with CPU.
(2014-11-21, 11:02)fritsch Wrote: Lanczos3 optimized and spline36 is done on the GPU, It's a 6x6 convolution filter with a special computed kernel - has nothing to do with CPU.

Ok, the GPU is to slow for this then!
(2014-11-19, 18:29)fritsch Wrote: Something is wrong here:
Quote:VC1_SIMPLE 1 9216 2048 1152
VC1_MAIN 2 9216 2048 1152
VC1_ADVANCED 4 9216 2048 1152

It should only announce ADVANCED profile. Make sure to _not_ install the libg3d stuff, but only mesa-vdpau-drivers. Provide dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit

I'm sorry I am a bit confused. I have the libg3d stuff installed, should I delete it?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9172640/

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9172747/

I have an apu a4-5300

Overall, my system is working fine, I have some freezes by playing some .mkv (like 10 seconds playing well and then 0.1 or 0.2 freeze). I also have a problem with xbmc is up a lot of time, I need to restart it because it hangs...
Hi all,
I wished to test some h.265 coded videos, so I switched to Kodi beta2.
It's wonderful how replacing xbmc to kodi is seamless, just a matter of changing the repository.
At the same time, I updated the "sensors" package and now I have proper indication, but still Kodi isn't capable of reading temperatures.
I'm going to try again later on.

Good work, guys.
Tomtomme,

I have reopened and submitted my response to Anssi on the alsa forum. I just wanted to report that the HD Audio passthrough bug still seems to be a problem with the AMD HD5670.

I have submitted my kernel log without the drm.debug as requested. I may have found an issue in the log: "HDMI ATI/AMD: no speaker allocation for ELD"

Here is the kernel log pastebin I provided to Anssi: http://paste.ubuntu.com/9238509/

(2014-07-22, 11:09)tomtomme Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 16:32)MathewCNichols Wrote: There is definitely some sort of bug with the kernel and the GPU only detecting 2 channels on HDMI. It's a bug that the AMD proprietary drivers have solved, but of course they don't run VDPAU.

I'm guessing most of the problems referenced in the last page of this thread are related to this multichannel audio detection bug. Then again, I am no dev.

I've gotten a reply on the alsa-devel, but I'm still waiting for a reply from Anssi or another dev though.

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermai...79069.html

Hi Mathew,
the reply was from me Big Grin to just confirm the bug. I am also waiting on a dev-reply.
cheers tomme
His name is Anssi, not Assi :-)
Only german native speaker would notice this typing error Smile
| myHTPC |
Not a good typo! Sorry Anssi.

In other news, I wonder if this bug is related to my lack of HD audio bitstreaming:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1371919
  • 221(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26