• 24(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
that's in the first line of what you quoted
In deed curious. No idea. First seen that issue ever.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-10-17, 16:20)misterhek Wrote: For me, "radeon.dpm=1 radeon.audio=1" in /etc/default/grub was not being passed to /boot/grub/menu.lst when I ran sudo update-grub. I manually edited /boot/grub/menu.lst to add the options. Scroll down to the first option, which should be "Ubuntu 13.04, kernel 3.11.4" and look at the kernel line. If it does not have "radeon.dpm=1 radeon.audio=1" in the kernel string, add it.

I checked my system, but I don't have menu.lst in /boot/grub
Code:
xbmc@Mediacenter:/boot/grub$ ls -la
insgesamt 48
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root  4096 Okt 17 21:22 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root  4096 Okt 16 21:28 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Okt 16 20:47 fonts
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   699 Okt 16 20:47 gfxblacklist.txt
-r--r--r-- 1 root root  8823 Okt 17 21:22 grub.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1024 Okt 17 21:01 grubenv
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 12288 Okt 16 20:47 i386-pc
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Okt 16 20:47 locale
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Yeah - menu.lst is from grub1(!)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
so I don't need it?
okay, than I have to given up...

thanks
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2013-10-17, 14:56)teeuwj Wrote:
(2013-10-17, 14:11)Claudio.Sjo Wrote: There's an important update today, including Xorg, mesa and xbmc.
Just updated in my Lubuntu iMac, all works fine.

How did you upgrade ? apt-get update ?

Software Update GUI from Ubuntu
Guys, I need some help. I went through the install process to setup my new system. I get to the XBMC black screen with the dots and it doesn't go any further. The motherboard I purchased was a ASROCK|FM2A75 PRO4-M A75 (Radeon HD 7000) w/ what I thought was intergrated graphics using the AMD A4 6300 CPU. It should work fine together. Now I am not so sure. Can anyone take a look at the info below and tell me if something is wrong here?

lspci;

00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 15h (Models 10h-1fh) Processor Root Complex
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 1410
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0

00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Richland [Radeon HD 8370D] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 9901
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
I/O ports at f000 [size=256]
Memory at ff600000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
Capabilities: <access denied>

/var/log/upstart/xbmc.log;

Loading extension GLX
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:791 kmod_module_insert_module: could not find module by name='fglrx'
ERROR: could not insert 'fglrx': Function not implemented
(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:1:1) found
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:791 kmod_module_insert_module: could not find module by name='fglrx'
ERROR: could not insert 'fglrx': Function not implemented
Loading extension FGLRXEXTENSION
Loading extension GLESX
[glesx] __glESXExtensionInit: No GL ES2.0 capable screen found!
X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 155 (ATIFGLEXTENSION)
Minor opcode of failed request: 66 ()
Serial number of failed request: 13
Current serial number in output stream: 13
XBMC needs hardware accelerated OpenGL rendering.
Install an appropriate graphics driver.

Update: I did install the Ubuntu mini.iso and was able to get xbmc to load right after running the script in the instructions. Although, there is an AMD unsupported hardware logo in the bottom right corner. When I continue on with the setup process in this thread, it will no longer load XBMC.
(2013-10-18, 02:28)beschmid Wrote: Guys, I need some help. I went through the install process to setup my new system. I get to the XBMC black screen with the dots and it doesn't go any further.
/var/log/upstart/xbmc.log;

Loading extension GLX
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:791 kmod_module_insert_module: could not find module by name='fglrx'ERROR: could not insert 'fglrx': Function not implemented
(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@0:1:1) found
Update: I did install the Ubuntu mini.iso and was able to get xbmc to load right after running the script in the instructions. Although, there is an AMD unsupported hardware logo in the bottom right corner. When I continue on with the setup process in this thread, it will no longer load XBMC.

Hi,

It looks to me that You have followed not only this (Radeon OSS with vdpau) threat howto instruction, but have mixed it with something else. Most probably with "XBMC PVR Xvba " one.
At least, there is clear evidence, that AMD proprietary fglrx driver has been (or, just tried to be) installed and configured on your system.

So, plz. check firstly; are there any /etc/X11/xorg.conf* files on your computer.
And if there are, then:

- delete them all
- uninstall the fglrx driver (sudo apt-get purge fglrx)
- repeat all steps of THIS thread howto (or, reinstall the system from the scratch)
Restart the howto from scratch.
Hi everybody,
I followed this thread with growing enthusiasm. This weekend I will change from fglrx to radeon I think after being more and more disappointed from the fglrx driver.

Has anybody with radeon and vdpau tried pipelight? With the fglrx driver I tried to get the gpu acceleration for lovefilm.de (pipelight with silverlight) working without success and as a result the video are extremly slow and crappy. Any experiences would be great.

Ben
(2013-10-18, 07:48)fritsch Wrote: Restart the howto from scratch.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have restarted from scratch 3x and used only the mini.iso thread and this thread to install.
@beschmid:
Whenever fglrx appears in your log, you have done something wrong. When there is an unsupported watermark in the corner, you even have a full blown fglrx installed.
Hi fritsch,
shall we move the whole stuffs on the just released (x)ubuntu 13.10?
No - out of one, two, three reasons:
a) The first 4 weeks new Ubuntu versions have bugs like hell
b) oibaf has not yet made his ppa available for 13.10
c) There is absolutely _no_ benefit in 13.10 - as we exchange kernel and we exchange complete X stack
Support for Ubuntu 13.10 would be great! Wink
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26