• 65(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Let's do a blind test:

Quote:wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572..._amd64.deb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572..._amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i *4.0*deb

Better? Worse? What changed?

Make sure to really overwrite your installed kernel. Read the text and choose appropriately. If you have a talent to break things, wait until others have tested for you.

Thanks for testing
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-11-17, 19:08)locomot1f Wrote: @pyrodex -- no, for some reason, i thought your A6 might have been running Richland -- something above Radeon HD 6xxxD.

fyi -- under Settings -> System -> Video Output
down at the bottom, there is the option to "Use limited colour range(16-235)
this might help your color issue.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I didn't see this option in XBMC but I know my Denon AVR-991 has this option for all HDMI inputs. It isn't able to be set at an individual HDMI level but globally it was set for Extended (0-255) and I switched it to Normal (16-235). I will try it out and let you know.

Any reason why my XBMC wouldn't display that option by chance? I'd like to configure it locally instead of system wide.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
make sure your settings level is set to 'Expert'
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2013-11-17, 19:42)fritsch Wrote: Let's do a blind test:

Better? Worse? What changed?

Make sure to really overwrite your installed kernel. Read the text and choose appropriately. If you have a talent to break things, wait until others have tested for you.

Thanks for testing

Bob seems to work just as well as Temporal now -- at least, in my eyes.
Hehe. Let's gather more comments.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hi,

i'm using wsnipex repo and since few days the subtitle downloader plugin isn't working anymore. I've just updated xbmc (last linux mint).

I still have the script.xbmc.subtitle folder, all seems good. I have uninstall and reinstall xbmc. When i use convenience skin, i have the message: "no subtitle service installed".
Any ideas?

Thanks
@fiatt: Is known. Check the forum and also www.xbmc.org - there is written what is happening currently.

@locomot1f: Hint: absolutely nothing concerning deinterlacing has changed - this is mesa anyways - not kernel related.
thnaks fritsch, i'll wait for it to go back!
One minor recommendation on the /etc/init/xbmc.conf file I ran into surrounding XBMC + MYSQL. My machine was booting up so fast that the network wasn't online before XBMC started and therefore it wouldn't pull data from remote mysql. I change the following line to help ensure the machine waits for network to startup before going forward:

Before:
Code:
start on (filesystem and stopped udevtrigger)

After:
Code:
start on (filesystem and stopped udevtrigger and net-device-up IFACE!=lo)

Just thought I'd share personal experience since this guide was so great.
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
Anybody willing to do a how-to for debian squeeze/wheezy?

Greetings
David
@fritsch. Tried the kernel. No change for me. PQ is great. Maybe slightly less judder. But slightly more skips. I turn off vsync no skips no judder. I was on mainline before. For audio no receiver for me. Pulse installed or removed the same.
Thanks for the feedback. The only change in deed was to remove a patch of what I thought does not help anyways. Audio clock division patch and yeah: it should not change a thing. Then all our patches are now in 3.13 branch and this howto can stop to provide kernels, once 3.13-rc5 is coming out.
@fritsch...

tricky. my next guess was going to be something with the audio.

man, do you all ever sleepHuh
Nope - i have a disease like this guy:

I cannot sleep.

No, just joking, all fine.
I've been playing with my two systems and on one of the systems I've noticed I crash after stopping an episode from time to time. I've uploaded the crash log with debug=1 to http://paste.ubuntu.com/6437466/. Can anyone help with determining potentially?
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26