• 96(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
(2013-12-20, 15:49)deadite66 Wrote: vmware drivers won't build with 3.13 yet.
unlikely they will fix them until 3.13 is official, though sometimes you can find a patch someone has made.

I have switched back to 3.12 kernel, the 3.13 kernel doesn't solve the DTS-HD issue.
Hopefully it will be solve in the future.
I do not really want to switch to Windows Sad
@ixbeemce: Report it. You are the only one in this thread with this problem. So take care of it, it won't get solved out of the blue.

@deadite66: Yes, that patch seems reasonable. I will pick it later.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-12-19, 23:58)fritsch Wrote: Remove your asound.conf - whereever you got it, not by this howto.

Cant find a asound.conf file

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:/$ sudo find / -name asound.*
/var/lib/alsa/asound.state.lock
/var/lib/alsa/asound.state
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.12.0+/include/uapi/sound/asound.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.12.0+/include/sound/asound.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.11.0-14/include/uapi/sound/asound.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.11.0-14/include/sound/asound.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-rc3-drm-fixes14-v999-na+/include/uapi/sound/asound.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.13.0-rc3-drm-fixes14-v999-na+/include/sound/asound.h

Code:
xbmc@xbmc:/$ aplay -l
**** Lista över PLAYBACK hårdvaruenheter ****
kort 0: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], enhet 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Underordnade enheter: 1/1
  Underordnad enhet nr. 0: subdevice #0
kort 1: SB [HDA ATI SB], enhet 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
kort 1: SB [HDA ATI SB], enhet 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]

Upgraded to latest Xbmc maybe this will solve the problem.
This probably doesn't fit this thread:
How can i easiest way revert to the older kernel in other case just to not mess up things?
is dpgk -i the only thing needed when upgrading to newer kernel?
HTPC: Intel Nuc i3 8109u | 8Gb Ram | Windows 10 Pro
Join #xbmc-xvba for that information.

aplay -L will have your pseudo devices.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here are new images with the fix from above. Btw. I talked with christian, that code is only used when memory is nearly full, so should not change anything:

Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/linux-image-3.13.0-rc3-drm-fixes20%2B_0.1_amd64.deb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/linux-headers-3.13.0-rc3-drm-fixes20%2B_0.1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i *fixes20*deb
hi to all.

I've successfully installed latest kernel and 1080p decoding is pretty smooth on an E350 system.

Only one thing:

hi10p isn't actually decoded with vdpau.

It's only me or actually the driver isn't ready to decode hi10p?

Thanks for all
There _is no_ driver in the whole world that decodes hi10p.

If you refer to this: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...px=MTQ5NjU that's nothing lossless and I did not work further on it yet - no time.
(2013-12-20, 22:20)fritsch Wrote: There _is no_ driver in the whole world that decodes hi10p.

What about OpenMax? Wasnt it the inspiration for the subject of that article?
Decoding hi10p with full precission is to my knowledge not possible. If you use a pseudo inverse that "does it" somehow, you will loos precission. At least that's my understanding of how it works. The decoding is hidden in firmware. Btw. I am the subject of this article ...
ok guess I'll switch to celeron .Thinking will be enough with a really low TDP.
90W PSU here
If hi10p really is your primary use case - go for a haswell core i3 which has a 15W TDP. Zotac Id 67 will have it.
Hi to all.

I am currently running opensuse 13.1 on an e350.

Everything is working fine, but up to now I didn't find a solution to get the temporal deinterlacer working.
Does someone know when this will be in the official mesa, or which branch I need to use ?
(2013-12-21, 10:36)fritsch Wrote: If hi10p really is your primary use case - go for a haswell core i3 which has a 15W TDP. Zotac Id 67 will have it.

Hi,
Which i3 has 15W TDP? I can only find one with 35W TDP (Intel Core i3-4130T)

/ Henrik
(2013-12-20, 21:57)fritsch Wrote: Here are new images with the fix from above. Btw. I talked with christian, that code is only used when memory is nearly full, so should not change anything:

Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/linux-image-3.13.0-rc3-drm-fixes20%2B_0.1_amd64.deb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55728161/linux-headers-3.13.0-rc3-drm-fixes20%2B_0.1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i *fixes20*deb

Thanks fritsch Smile I would try it but if Christian thinks it won't make a difference then I guess there's little point!

Did he give any indication that the MPEG-2 bug was being looked into?
(2013-12-21, 12:14)RayMen Wrote: Hi to all.

I am currently running opensuse 13.1 on an e350.

Everything is working fine, but up to now I didn't find a solution to get the temporal deinterlacer working.
Does someone know when this will be in the official mesa, or which branch I need to use ?

You have to manually pick: https://github.com/grigorig/mesa/commit/...ea466d806d when building your mesa
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26