• 117(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Sadly i think i'm going to have to dump my Gigabyte e350 motherboard, everything UVD is working fine but having long running usb problems.
if i plug my 2 usb PCTV dvb-t2 devices in the kernel will throw up errors and won't work but they will if i plug them into a hub, even then i get random "submit of urb 0 failed (error=-27)" a few times a week.

i'll be on the lookout for a different (newer) AMD Fusion mini-itx mobo.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
Wait a bit. I expect some Celeron Haswell mini itx in about 4 weeks or earlier :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Once you posted that bit about pulse audio, I went to check my audio settings. It has been like this for awhile but I never bothered since everything worked. Both Audio output device and Passthrough output device are grayed out with HDA ATI, @@@ selected. Also, I still get 0.00 MHz for my CPU speed. Again, pass through works just fine, it just doesn't seem to be how it is supposed to be.

XBMC Logs
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Den: RetroPie 4.1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO XVT553SV
Bedroom: OSMC 2017.02-1 | Raspberry Pi 3 | Krypton | VIZIO E370VA
HP Chromebook 14: Ubuntu 16.04 x64 | Celeron 2955U | Jarvis
NAS: Windows 10 | 20TB on DrivePool | Emby DB | Subsonic | Plex
You don't have pulse running, so plain ALSA for you:

Quote:08:55:07 T:139923137996672 NOTICE: PulseAudio might not be running. Context was not created.

You also dont' need it for a htpc. The Mhz thing is a bug somewhere :-) But nothing that would kill you. File it on trac.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-01-17, 18:39)fritsch Wrote: @locomot1f: Sadly I don't know. The code is correct - it works on all platforms despite Ubuntu :-( Will need to find some time to fiddle with the PA modules on ubuntu.

am i supposed to be running PA?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
No. As many asked that, here two examples:

When would I want Pulseaudio:
- You use your xbmc computer mainly as your Desktop when you don't run xbmc
- You want other sounds like Skype, youtube, browser mail notification in parallel
- You use xbmc windowed as Desktop player
- You use Pulseaudio as a network sink to stream Audio to other devices in your living room
- Passthrough is nice to have for you, but to be honest - you don't really need it.

When would I want ALSA:
- You use xbmc as your standalone media center
- You are highly interested in bitperfect exclusive audio output
- DTS-HD, TrueHD is something you use daily and is of high importance
- You don't need other applications that would access audio in parallel
What would be the proper update process? Something like this?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
...then install the new kernel and reboot
You can update and upgrade at the same time
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Living Room: Ubuntu 16.10 x64 | BayTrail-M SOC | Krypton | Hitachi 55L6 | Yamaha RX-V665 | 7.1 Polk Surround
Pulse pass through on spdif (via DIY coax to mb header) DTS and ac3 work as expected, so far. No white noise... Sound is amazing. Amp shows ac3/dts when switched. Xubuntu64 13.10 full desktop, only compositing disabled. Running xbmc from xfce desktop. Are there any tests you need? I can post on the pa thread if you prefer.
@gfisher: Yes, I made it default for gotham - so can use some good press :-)

default in the sense of: It's used when you have PA
@vmstek:

Normal packages are updated as posted by VanillaXtract. The Kernel needs to be downloaded and installed as written in the howto. I update the second Post, whenever I change something.
(2014-01-11, 18:49)fritsch Wrote: Worked for me on four different zotac boxes. So worth a try.

Besides that: Install a mini iso Raring, do a release upgrade and continue.
Thanks for everything you guys have done here.
I've given up on the former guide that I used to follow http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141369 and tried this for the moment. Couldn't install Saucy due to the USB keyboard. Tried mini iso Raring. Everything fine until I hit GRUB installer, that doesn't work. Tries installing it with Lilo (I have no idea) and that installs but doesn't work when I've rebooted after installing. I used the one found here http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/r...s/netboot/ which seems a bit old.

I just have no idea how to even get the basics in place so I can get started on following the guide here. Any tips?
@Baitou: Install xubuntu (full Desktop), when it's installed join IRC, I will help you make it work for you.
Ok, thanks. Will take some time, have to download and create the USB installer.
@Baitou I've done two HTPC with this guide. One didn't have a PS/2 port so I could use a USB keyboard. The other had one but luckily I had an old keyboard laying around. Can you borrow a keyboard or disable the PS/2? It'd be a lot easier.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26