• 127(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
I downgraded mesa to 10.0.2 stable in the test ppa. Can you confirm you have those packages and it doesn't work?
Hi,

i can only confirm this tomorrow morning around 10 am CET...not at home right now. I will do a fresh install and verify!
Thanks!
(2014-01-27, 22:00)dongioia Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 18:07)ian-ep Wrote: FWIW, I'm using tvheadend 3.5.247 with a system built with the instructions from this thread. Works like a charm. No issues whatsoever.

Ian

I'm using tvheademd 3.9.373~g55c2bbb. I'll try a downgrade.
thanks

The older version of tvheadend didn't change anything.
The system still crashes randomly.
@unimatrix27
Kabini has some other upstream issues, the AMD folks are working on. You should have good playback of local media (as long you don't press pause). A real problem is LiveTV currently, which has a problem to start correctly, cause of the buffering delay.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,

before going to work I shortly did a fresh install (of Lubuntu Saucy) and using the test-ppa - and now it works perfectly!

Regarding Kabini I guess it is because its so new...so I hope just waiting for a while will finally to get it work.

Did not test LiveTV yet on this one or other things like Pause, etc., was just a 1 minute test.
I'm using the Gallium developers' PPA: ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers.
Ok, I confirm the LiveTV startup issue as well as the Pause-Issue (both look similar)...LiveTV works sometimes, randomly.

I assume nothing can be done about this at the moment as long as those general Kabini issues are not solved in the driver.
with the new kernel --> 3.13.1
does anybody else get this error:
Code:
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-config.c:686 kmod_config_parse: /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf line 1: ignoring bad line starting with 'modprobe'
... when you installed it. or if you do an update-initramfs?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
no problem here locomot1f.
Intel Core i5-11500, ASRock B560M-ITX/ac, 240GB SSD + 4TB  Western Digital Blue, Arch Linux, mythtv 31+fixes + TBS 6205 QUAD FREEVIEW DVB-T2
(2014-01-30, 22:26)wsnipex Wrote: I downgraded mesa to 10.0.2 stable in the test ppa. Can you confirm you have those packages and it doesn't work?

works for me: amd a6-6400 black edition

(2014-01-31, 16:55)deadite66 Wrote: no problem here locomot1f.

it works... it just throws up this error... <shrugs shoulders>
i have now compiled and installed VDR 2.05 with SoftHDDevice plugin and this works also in the same way as XBMC. (LiveTV same problem, but around 2 out of 3 channel switches, it works)...also deinterlacing of softhddevice works fine.

CPU load during 1080i playback with deinterlacing enabled: 2,7 %! Fan down to 10%, nearly inhearable after 2 hours of continuous playback

I am wondering if the drivers will also be able to work with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS as this is the version used e.g. by the ready-to-use yaVDR distribution. (installing and configuring VDR manually is a lot of stuff to do...)
hello guys, a stupid question!

I installed kernel 13.1, but when i do apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade, I'm getting the kernel 3.11. How can I avoid that?

root@shurxbmc:~# uname -a
Linux shurxbmc 3.13.1-031301-generic #201401291035 SMP Wed Jan 29 15:37:43 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@shurxbmc:~# apt-get update
root@shurxbmc:~# apt-get upgrade
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
Se actualizarán los siguientes paquetes:
linux-headers-3.11.0-15 linux-headers-3.11.0-15-generic linux-image-3.11.0-15-generic
linux-image-extra-3.11.0-15-generic linux-libc-dev xbmc xbmc-bin
7 actualizados, 0 se instalarán, 0 para eliminar y 0 no actualizados.
Necesito descargar 99,6 MB de archivos.
Se utilizarán 2.507 kB de espacio de disco adicional después de esta operación.
(2014-01-30, 12:56)fritsch Wrote: Try it with just 60hz and see.

I may be having an idiot moment, but how do I do this? I don't see specific refresh rates anywhere in settings.
@davisdmg -- not sure what you want to do...

everything looks normal.
the uname -ra command shows that you are using the correct kernel.
it just wants to update that specific kernel. which got loaded when you installed the system.

if you want to remove the 3.11 kernel (which I don't recommend) then you can always run:
apt-get remove linux-headers-3.11*
apt-get remove linux-image-3.11*

but again, i would keep at least one other working kernel on my system in case something gets borked with the kernel you are running.
just as a failsafe.

@kEph13 -- make sure your skin will allow you to switch to Advanced Mode in settings, then is should show up.

you can always switch to confluence to access this feature.

hope that makes sense.
(2014-01-31, 09:05)fritsch Wrote: @unimatrix27
Kabini has some other upstream issues, the AMD folks are working on. You should have good playback of local media (as long you don't press pause). A real problem is LiveTV currently, which has a problem to start correctly, cause of the buffering delay.

Just one more question to this...do you know if there is any other reference to this where i could follow the development of those upstream issues? Thx!
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26