• 152(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Hi,

I still cannot play DTS-HD movies or rather they're way too slow.
Should I play one and then execute the log pastebinit's and post them here?

Thanks,
Q
(2014-03-20, 15:46)Questionario Wrote: Hi,

I still cannot play DTS-HD movies or rather they're way too slow.
Should I play one and then execute the log pastebinit's and post them here?

Thanks,
Q

.... if you want any help. Rolleyes see first post.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
thats what/why I asked but w/e ;-)

dmesg | pastebinit
cat /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit
DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit
dpkg -l |grep mesa | pastebinit

PS: using the same machine as fritsch

EDIT: deleted logs as they were irrelevant
No DTS-HD stream is opened in that log. Furthermore your network seems to suck balls. Reproduce with a local file.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The AD10 is connected via ethernet, connection is pretty good but the file played was actually "local" as in a usb3 drive directly attached to the AD10 (I rarely stream via network as files are stored on the directly attached disk)
and I at least thought that this was a DTS HD test file, thats the name of it even...
Passthrough is disabled. It decodes it to 6 channels. Pastebin your guisettings.xml
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
for some reason it was disabled, I am sure I enabled it at the beginning of the setup though!
anyhow, didnt change anything, logs again:

cat /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
sudo DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit

EDIT: deleted logs as they were irrelevant
Now you don't even play a single file in the logs. Please - don't waste my time.
I did -_-
I rebooted the Zotac AD10 and ran through two test files again...
again, here are the logs...

cat /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
DISPLAY=:0 vdpauinfo | pastebinit

EDIT: deleted logs as they were irrelevant.
Problem solved and wasted your time... after I was wondering why the audio passthrough was diabled I re-checked all other settings and a lot of them were also reset so I redid the settings as explained in the first post, now it works. (even though the video info still shows an error percentage but I dont notice anything)
Sorry and thanks!
Been running fine for months, but since last night my xbmc crashes a few seconds after the home screen is displayed. For the brief time it is up I can navigate.

Here are the logs

dmesg|pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7127997/

cat ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log |pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7127998/

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log|pastebinit
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7128000/

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
(2014-03-21, 01:47)metheos Wrote: Been running fine for months, but since last night my xbmc crashes a few seconds after the home screen is displayed. For the brief time it is up I can navigate

Thanks!

head over to this forum - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189722
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Thanks, didn't see that one. It was scudlee's repo causing my crash.

(2014-03-21, 02:22)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-03-21, 01:47)metheos Wrote: Been running fine for months, but since last night my xbmc crashes a few seconds after the home screen is displayed. For the brief time it is up I can navigate

Thanks!

head over to this forum - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189722
hi fritsch,
hi fernetmenta,

recently i've updated my zbox ad02 to the last openelec gotham build resulting in constant video interference at same screen position. i've enabled all the vdpau acceleration options. when disabled mpeg-4 vdpau video plays fine without errors. i hoppe you will have an idea how to fix this.
please see the linked screenshot for a better error explaination.

Looks nice. Capture logfiles when that happens, especially xbmc.log with debugging and in that case also dmesg | pastebinit and sensors.
could you upload a sample? I would like to try on NVidia so we can see if the issue is in XBMC/ffmpeg or the driver.
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26