• 164(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Check the first post - I showed there how you can overwrite EDID information. Fix the EDID, overwrite it and you should be fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi everybody,

Does someone already use the new Athlon or Sempron AM1 Apus ?
I replaced my E350 with a 5350 and now the vdpau is not working. The kernel log states that uvd is initialized, but vdpauinfo always wants to load libvdpau_nvidia.so.
Did I miss something ?
Logfiles from first post!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
dmesg:

http://pastebin.com/63jeJ9aw

xorg:

http://pastebin.com/3S0yXZ6U

vdpau:

http://pastebin.com/uev7UuGd

I am running Opensuse so I can't run the mesa package infos.
Kernel side looks fine - for the rest ask the OpenSUSE howto provider - no idea how that should work on OpenSuse.

From the vdpau log, it seems you are missing the relevant userspace mesa drivers -> same as above :-) ask the OpenSuse howto provider.
not sure if anyone else has had the problems i've had with the new kernel (3.14) and HDMI sound...
but thought i'd pass this on in any case --> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77002
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Anssi is on it - so it will get fixed shortly.
(2014-04-07, 21:34)fritsch Wrote: Anssi is on it - so it will get fixed shortly.

yes... i'm bgunteriv.
just odd that i'm the only one who has this "problem"...
i'm special Confused
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-04-07, 21:52)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-04-07, 21:34)fritsch Wrote: Anssi is on it - so it will get fixed shortly.

yes... i'm bgunteriv.
just odd that i'm the only one who has this "problem"...
i'm special Confused

no you are not alone, around 15-20 reports we got for OpenELEC, you are only fast with updateing the kernel. Please try the patch Anssi provided, it should work now
greetings, Stephan

I updated the howto to Ubuntu Trusty. With default kernel and mostly default Ubuntu packages.
Remember: This will still crash when you press stop - I talked with mlankhorst yesterday and I am looking forward, that the fix (which already exists) will be integrated into Ubuntu within the next few days.

Main reason for this step was, that I want to make sure "xbmcbuntu" gets tested correctly and as xbmcbuntu has the same base Ubuntu 14.04 that's a good idea to do so.

Changes for upgraders:
- See the new X xserver command in the upstart script which disables Backingstore (tearing) by default
- Custom kernel, custom mesa has been dropped, use ppa-purge to uninstall those repositories before upgrading
- The vdpau drivers are not in the libg3dvl2-mesa package anymore (remove it manually) and install the mesa-vdpau-drivers package
Edit: Make really sure you purge the ppas! ppa-purge ppa:wsnipex/mesa and ppa-purge ppa:wsnipex/test (if you have the latter)
(2014-04-07, 18:57)fritsch Wrote: Kernel side looks fine - for the rest ask the OpenSUSE howto provider - no idea how that should work on OpenSuse.

From the vdpau log, it seems you are missing the relevant userspace mesa drivers -> same as above :-) ask the OpenSuse howto provider.

Thanks a lot, the issue was the wrong AccelMethod, it has to be galium for the radeonsi driver.
(2014-04-07, 12:42)fritsch Wrote: Check the first post - I showed there how you can overwrite EDID information. Fix the EDID, overwrite it and you should be fine.

I extracted my Denon EDID, manipulated the physical size and used this like you mentioned in the first post and now Xorg is using the correct physical size with the correct DPI. But! Smile Smile

If both the receiver and television are turned off, Xorg is not able to find a connected display and thus is not starting a display, and thus XBMC won't be able to load.
I am looking for a KMS setting to force the hdmi output to connected, any thoughts?
that was also discussed within that thread - use the search :-)

hint: it can also be solved the drm_kms_helper by forcing a specific output ...
I'm sorry, I suppose my xbmc forum search skills are not developed enough Sad i was looking in the kms helper functions...
but you mention 'forcing a specific output' which reminds me i removed the HDMI-A-1 part from the kernel parameter while troubleshooting. I think that is the issue *slapme*

Thanks for the supports.
Thanks for the updated Trusty instructions fritsch. I followed them this afternoon all working well. I've just noticed that there's already an updated mesa-vdpau-drivers package (and several others) available. Maybe this includes the fix you mentioned?
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26