• 216(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
I know it's probably way, way off... but this news is nice to hear -- http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...tegy&num=1
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-10-08, 17:02)locomot1f Wrote: I know it's probably way, way off... but this news is nice to hear -- http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...tegy&num=1

What they could do is to make a reasonable amd control center that allows fine tuning in Linux, the same as they have for Windows.
My experience with a dual boot system was quite strange: once booted Win7, it looks like it's more efficient than Linux in terms of power consumption,
but as soon as I started running "The longest journey" my HTPC became really hot, without any serious reason as the game asks for very little graphic.
Then I played with AMD CCC and set an upper limit to the CPU clock at 2.4GHz, this caused the system to run smoothly and cold.
On the other hand, when playing XBMC on Linux, the CPU clock runs stable at 1.4GHz, even though it appears to be a little warm, probably it's the contribution from GPU.
Hello everyone, we're interested in building media centre based on XBMC and ASRock QC5000-ITX/WiFi. Do you have any experience with this setup? Is it still too new to work with XBMC smoothly? It has integrated AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics, UVD 4.2. Do we need to use proprietary drivers for this? Thank you for any info, guys.
HD 8330 works with radeon.
Hi wsnipex, thank you very much for your reply. Do you mean by that, that I need to use proprietary drivers for this or I can use this guide and oss drivers built in standard kernel provided by Ubuntu? Thanks for clarification! K
XBMC has never supported this fglrx crap officially. wsnipex says that radeon open source driver supports HD8330.
Thanks guys!
Hello! I messed up upgrading from 13.10 to 14.04 Sad

After the upgrade, all went fine, then I did a apt-get dist-upgrade and now I think I dont have graphic aceleration...I have an amd apu a4-5300

Edit, nevermind. I read a comment with the solution

aptitude xserver-xorg-video-ati (and choose to downgrade)

Big Grin
Any key improvements in the upcoming 3.18 Kernel linux from a DRM/Radeon perspective if someone is already running 3.17?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
HDMI Audio fixes - nothing else that I spotted.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
We are starting to release "kodi" and therefore there won't be any package in fernetmenta-master ppa anymore that is named xbmc.

For a smooth transition (for already installed versions) not very much needs to be done:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get remove xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin

Now edit the /etc/init/xbmc.conf and replace the /usr/bin/xbmc command with /usr/bin/kodi

on reboot everything should be fine. Your .xbmc directory will get automatically transfered.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Fritch
Im trying to use the above. however Im getting "unable to locate package kodi..." when trying to install kodi. Im guessing this is a repository issue. I used the 1b option when installing using the how to.
Yeah, read again what I have written :-) - Version 1b people don't get kodi, cause they want 13.2 stable.
(2014-10-21, 14:51)fritsch Wrote: HDMI Audio fixes - nothing else that I spotted.

You mean HD Audio with 23,976fps work?
No idea - I did not write that code :-) Just saw the changelog on phoronix - if you find it, link it please.
  • 216(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26