• 239(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Next time, please read - that saves us all a lot of trouble:

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well, shame on me. I read it, but just check it by muting and unmuting using GUI.
Sorry and thank you again...
@fritsch
Last week i tried out steam for Linux on my Asus e45 Mini itx. With in home streaming I got allways the message "slow decode". I found this: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ub...cs-drivers. The driver is faster with decoding the Steam stream and works as well with KODI. Next days I will install Lubuntu 15.04 when it is out, so I can use the steam launcher. What Do you think?
Fabio's ppa can break every day - so be warned.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello,

I currently upgraded to Vivid (without any thoughts Confused ) and now everithing seems messed up with upstart and systemd.
Since the kodi.conf is only for upstart, could anybody help me writing the correct file for systemd?

Thank you
(2015-04-24, 19:57)tommy_gun Wrote: Hello,

I currently upgraded to Vivid (without any thoughts Confused ) and now everithing seems messed up with upstart and systemd.
Since the kodi.conf is only for upstart, could anybody help me writing the correct file for systemd?

Thank you

Try adding this file

Code:
root@kodi:~# cat /etc/systemd/system/kodi.service
[Unit]
Description = kodi-standalone using xinit
After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target
[email protected]

[Service]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
User = kodi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
Group = kodi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
Type = simple                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
PAMName=login                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
TTYPath=/dev/tty7                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7                                                                                                                              
StandardInput = tty                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
Restart = on-abort                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
Nice = 21 21                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

[Install]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
WantedBy = multi-user.target

Pay attention to the file name.

Then type

Code:
# systemctl daemon-reload
# systemctl enable kodi
# systemctl start kodi
(or reboot)

If dbus-x11 is not install, apt-get install dbus-x11
@y2kbadbug thx, worked like a charm (my friday evening is saved)
(2013-10-03, 10:52)fritsch Wrote: Mpeg-2 Crashes
If you have bad luck, you got an AMD card that does mpeg-2 decoding in shaders, which segfaults when done multithreaded. Switch Confluence to Expert and disable Mpeg-2 under Video Acceleration.

Relevant output from qvdpauinfo:
Quote:qvdpautest 0.5.2
AMD E-350 Processor
Unknown GPU

VDPAU API version : 1
VDPAU implementation : G3DVL VDPAU Driver Shared Library version 1.0

FATAL: get_bits failed : No backend implementation could be loaded.!!
MPEG DECODING (1920x1080): 59 frames/s
MPEG DECODING (1280x720): 92 frames/s
H264 DECODING (1920x1080): 38 frames/s
H264 DECODING (1280x720): 70 frames/s
VC1 DECODING (1440x1080): 85 frames/s
MPEG4 DECODING (1920x1080): 54 frames/s
MIXER WEAVE (1920x1080): 275 frames/s
MIXER BOB (1920x1080): 439 fields/s

Happy penguin:

Hello, i have a Zotac AD10 with AMD fusion E-350 with Radeon HD6310 and with the last version of Openelec (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20150422102646-r20702-g76ee671) with Kodi Isengard, all seems to be good with mpeg2 decoding.... It's very good news !!
Do some people with same hardware can confirm my "little" test ?
I made this howto on a E350 ... it has no issue at all with Mpeg-2. HD5000 is affected,
I dont understand ?? Even with a new driver ??Huh
There is and never was an mpeg-2 decoding issue on E350.
OK so I have been pulling my hair out for about a week over this one problem I have since using this guide as a basis for upgrading to Kodi from XBMC on my media centre/server. Everything is fine with Kodi; video, sound, the works as well as all my server features. My singular issue is with the upstart script for kodi. It simply doesn't start.

I am running on Ubuntu 14.04 installed via mini.iso commandline. I have other upstart scripts working fine. However none of the others use the su command to execute.

The script I have is this exactly:
Code:
# kodi-upstart
# starts KODI on startup by using xinit.
# by default runs as kodi, to change edit below.
env USER=htpc

description     "KODI-barebones-upstart-script"
author          "Matt Filetto"

start on (filesystem and net-device-up IFACE!=lo and stopped udevtrigger)
stop on runlevel [016]

# tell upstart to respawn the process if abnormal exit
respawn
respawn limit 10 5
limit nice 21 21

script
exec su -c "xinit /usr/bin/kodi --standalone -- /usr/bin/X -bs -nolisten tcp :0" $USER
end script

and without fail I get this message in /var/log/upstart/kodi.log upon boot:
Code:
No passwd entry for user 'htpc
'
* Note that the above is verbatim

The user htpc most definitely exists and is most definitely in the passwd file. Upon boot I end up at a login prompt where I have to login manually as htpc and then launch kodi using the command from the script.

Why oh why oh why won't it just work as intended? Any ideas?
Code:
env USER=htpc

Windows line endings? Use a capable editor and check that line again?
(2015-05-02, 10:07)fritsch Wrote:
Code:
env USER=htpc

Windows line endings? Use a capable editor and check that line again?

Hole in one. Thanks!
I've installed a few systems with this How To and everything is fine. Since I never needed it, I wasn't mssing it, but yesterday I tried to connect a USB harddrive and I couldn't find it in Kodi. So, what do I have to do to automount USB storage devices?
  • 239(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26