SMB sharing.., Been through the manuals
yeah, the guest account is a little odd. the account needs to be enabled for sharing using the "net" command posted earlier, but it doesnt need to be enabled in the user configuration. enabling it in the user configuration only allows a user of guest to log in locally. i suggest anyone having problems to review the link i posted earlier. it's a wealth of information. (actually i'll post in the wiki too.)

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yea it was a very informative link kraqh3d it also helped get rid of some problems with my laptop and my friends pc as well.
hey guys... does anybody have a solution to this problem? i really appreciate help on this one.

ive been looking around in the forum, and i cant find anything about this topic, so here comes.

when i stream a movie from my laptop, everything goes fine for about 10 minutes. but after that the screen on the tv goes black, and after a couple of minutes it return to xbmc and get a "pop up" saying:

please enter your password for smb://83.227.153.194/temp

why is that? i've searched in xboxmediacenter.xml, and i cant find anyting about that. i would really appreciate your help.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techbuilder.org/recipes....le=true

see if this link will help you. i saved you the trouble of having to look through this thread for it. try doing the "net user guest / active:yes" thing. that seems to be the main problem with passwords and such.

oh btw kraqh3d i think that when the "net user guest / active:yes" command is used. it doesn't mean a guest on the computer but a guest on the network. like allowing any random person to browse into the computer that's on the network of course.

yes, thats what i said earlier. there's two distinct guest accounts. one for local login access which you enable from the "user configuration" screen, and one for network browsing. in winxp, when you enable simple file sharing, its supposed to automatically enable the network browsing guest account. this is the same one that's enabled via the "net user" command.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB sharing.., Been through the manuals0