Movieset folders and rename/cleanup.
With the new option to move or not move a single movie into a movie set folder if you get another movie which is part of the same set the only way to move the first movie you had is to either manually highlight and rename those specific movies or just do all movies over again. Perhaps there is a way to detect that additional movies were added to a movie set so it can move all of them into the proper folder?
hi,

sorry for the late response. Theoretically we could insert such a feature, but for consistency reasons, I will not put anything into tmm which is renaming a movie without an explicit user action.
E.g. you have 5 movies in a movie set and you want to rename one of these movies, tmm would rename all 5 movies with this feature. I hope you see that this would have a high potential risk to corrupt your file structure.
I am planning to add a popup menu to the movie set section -> there you have fast access to all movies of a movie set and then you are able to rename them all.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2013-10-12, 14:40)mlaggner Wrote: hi,

sorry for the late response. Theoretically we could insert such a feature, but for consistency reasons, I will not put anything into tmm which is renaming a movie without an explicit user action.
E.g. you have 5 movies in a movie set and you want to rename one of these movies, tmm would rename all 5 movies with this feature. I hope you see that this would have a high potential risk to corrupt your file structure.
I am planning to add a popup menu to the movie set section -> there you have fast access to all movies of a movie set and then you are able to rename them all.

That works, just would like something that gives the ability to do this rather than digging through the movies or running a cleanup on everything. To add to that, when a new movie is added to a movie set does it mark that movie set green like adding a new movie? That would also help as you would be able to quickly see which movie sets may need to be cleaned up.

*EDIT*
As a feature maybe at a later date a bulk cleanup option would be useful where it will scan the DB and give a confirmation box where it shows which files will be cleaned up with perhaps a check box column to confirm that you want the file cleaned?
I use, Batch Rename Files Tool. You can easily found hier go to google and type BatchRenameFiles and check the first result that allows you to quickly rename all the files in a specified directory.
Hello and welcome to the forum @jonathan987

Thank you for providing assistance. Smile

I only ask that you check the date and time of the posts. The one you responded to is over 4 years old. Of course it may help another user in the off chance they are searching for the same thing, but we prefer not to resurrect these very old threads.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movieset folders and rename/cleanup.0