• 37(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
(2014-10-28, 09:44)lawin1 Wrote: Some suggestions how to improve Live TV section.

Preview mode (minimum changes):

1. - move (unhide) channels category more to the right when left panel is active as it was in previous versions of XBMC.
2., 3. and 5. - enlarge text, especially the time.
4. - when programme description is larger it moves too fast, so please slow it down or implement a skin setting to change the speed in the appearance menu.

Preview mode (even more changes):

I think it doesn't require explanations. Just compare this modification with default skin. Which one represents programme information in more clear way?

Full screen mode

Default look. It looks quite strange even after using it for several months.
Screenshot is just for comparison with the last picture at the end of this post.

This modifications tries to mimic info screen of some STB. Of course it is not perfect (channel number and title merge together), but you will get some ideas:
remove completely useless caption "Now Playing", add next show title and starting time.

Could you share the skin changes? (GitHub?) I'd like to try them and think that it's definitively a step into the right direction.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about this or if it should be in the Jason thread or the global search add-on thread. It'll be great if addons could search the whole PVR database (EPG and recordings) and provide results that match what you typed alongside your library items. Does the PVR side provide and interface to search these items? If so I'll post in the other threads to see if it could get baked in
Possibly skin related but in the radio epg timeline view it would be nice if there was an option that when you started a programme, the timeline view still appeared, i.e. play radio channels in background. At the moment if you click on them them they go into full-screen visualization mode.
Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but in the new Kodi/Helix changes to PVR windows being separated if you call ActivateWindow(MyPVRChannels) either by remote button or a button in the skin to go directly to a PVR window, pressing back returns to home rather than the previously open window. If the intention is for the PVR windows to operate like other library views then the back behaviour should be the same imho.

In Eminence I use a Custom hub window to call all the separate PVR windows - every other library view except PVR will return back to my custom window. Even if I use a conditional <onback> I can't return to the custom window because the return to home overrides it. I'm trying to update the skin for Helix so I need to know whether or not this is a bug that will be fixed.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Please add support for direct access to PVRGuideInfo from fullscreen live tv
discussed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=209950 and http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1419635
I think that it`s a basic thing to have on a pvr system
or maybe something like this
@negge , @xhaggi
Can somebody create pull request,

My Github is 486 commits behind xbmc:master,it's hard work for me
I add missing part for EpisodeName,work for me in my Kodi.
With this parts PVR now will show a episode name from database,
2 files;15 additions and 1 deletion.

https://github.com/Angelinas1/xbmc/commi...a00823bead
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Allow to play a recording in progress stored on the network.
Currently playback is possible, but stops when the initial duration of the file is reached while it continues to grow:

- Recording begins at 7 am for an hour
- Playback start at 7:05

At 7:05, the duration of the file is 5 minutes, so playback is stopped after 5 minutes. While recording is still in progress and that the file continues to grow.

The problem seems to exist only when records are on the network, not on the HTPC locally (see this thread).

Thanks.

Julien
French user
Hope this is an appropriate place to request this - I know there's people working on the core PVR implementation here. Would it be possible to get the JSON call PVR.GetRecordings() to return the thumbnails Kodi generates? At the moment, the only art that is returned appears to be that provided by the backend - I use PVR.WMC, for example, and only get the posters that WMC provides for recorded movies, nothing for the rest of my recorded tv. Thanks.
(2014-11-23, 00:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but in the new Kodi/Helix changes to PVR windows being separated if you call ActivateWindow(MyPVRChannels) either by remote button or a button in the skin to go directly to a PVR window, pressing back returns to home rather than the previously open window. If the intention is for the PVR windows to operate like other library views then the back behaviour should be the same imho.

In Eminence I use a Custom hub window to call all the separate PVR windows - every other library view except PVR will return back to my custom window. Even if I use a conditional <onback> I can't return to the custom window because the return to home overrides it. I'm trying to update the skin for Helix so I need to know whether or not this is a bug that will be fixed.

it's intentional, because we don't want to go back in window history if you stay in a specific PVR window. If you navigate through the different PVR windows like "channels" > "recordings" > "guide" and you press "back" you go back to "recordings" > "channels" > "home". That's a little bit odd.

But it should be possible to override this with <onback>, if not this is a bug and should be fixed. Could you please create a Trac ticket. Thanks.
(2014-12-11, 18:07)removed151214 Wrote: Hope this is an appropriate place to request this - I know there's people working on the core PVR implementation here. Would it be possible to get the JSON call PVR.GetRecordings() to return the thumbnails Kodi generates? At the moment, the only art that is returned appears to be that provided by the backend - I use PVR.WMC, for example, and only get the posters that WMC provides for recorded movies, nothing for the rest of my recorded tv. Thanks.

i'm not sure if we generate thumbs for recordings. we use the thumbs provided by the backend.
Photo 
A control arangement like neutrino would be nice. It's clear, has simple navigation and the informations are not overhead.

- top current bouquet
- left side channels with current event name
- right side overview of events
- on the buttom the details of selected event

pressing info/epg button you will get epg for current channel

For me killing feature here is zapping function. Ein now i could schedule record. But I don't want to record just zap to an event.

Disign of neutrino isn't impressive but very functional.
Neutrino is good but blackhole images are much better overall but you need a supported hardware
There's no substitute for experience
Interesting feature, I'm sure it could be implemented somehow.
(2014-12-17, 18:50)bluechris Wrote: Neutrino is good but blackhole images are much better overall but you need a supported hardware
Maybe would be worth it to checkout the Black Hole images for PrismCube then as it is suppose to be based on XBMC/Kodi?

http://www.prismcube-community.net/board/

http://git.prismcube-community.net/git?a...=blackhole

https://www.facebook.com/BlackHoleTeam

Not sure if the GUI parts for EPG, PVR, and DVR on PrismCube are actually using XBMC/Kodi or if that is an external app?
(2014-10-30, 18:28)enen92 Wrote: So, my suggestion if possible is to create a setting to define the way the keymaps/functions will work in pvr. Default would be the way xbmc works right now, a "zapping mode" would only refresh the info on the screen for the next channel without switching the channel. When moving up or down the default button being automatically selected would be the play button. Clicking enter on the play button will then play the channel which has the info displayed on the screen. Pressing escape/back (or reaching the video osd timeout) would put the channel info back to the channel being played right now.

this is exactly what i am also looking for. there is an option in the settings called "press ok to switch channel" but this is only working if you are pressing the number keys of your remote.

my workaround: i mapped up/down in FullScreenTV to bring up the TVChannel Window.

perhaps someone can give us an info if there would be a workaround with a script.

one other thing. it seems that the gui is blocked while zapping. so it takes a few seconds to show up the new channel/epg in the infobar. this should be optimized.

keep up the great work
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1