Req I want to move to TMM from EMM but...
I recently tried TMM as a change of pace from Ember, and I have to say I really like it. I understand there is a code overhaul going on, so I thought I would throw my (hopefully simple) requests into the ring.

Specifically I am looking to have some of the renaming aspects of EMM put into TMM simply because I have grown used to them and frankly like them better than what is currently available in TMM.

Specifically, for renaming TV shows there is currently no space between the separator and the different parts of the TV episode.

Under EMM, I have the naming scheme look like this:

X:\The X-Files\Season 1\The X-Files - S01E01 - Pilot.mp4

There is another program I use for renaming TV shows as well (TheRenamer) which uses the same format.

The closest I could get in TMM to this format is:

X:\The X-Files\Season 1\The X-Files-S01E01-Pilot.mp4

I know the extra spaces don't seem like a big difference, but my OCD won't let me change it now. I could always use TheRenamer to keep everything the way I like it, but I am trying to get everything done within the same app if possible.

The naming structure for movies has a similar issue for me. Under EMM a typical movie, under the renaming options I have set up in Ember, looks like this:

Y:\127 Hours (2012) 1080p\127 Hours (2012) 1080p.mp4

Where under the closest TMM option it would look like this:

Y:\127 Hours (2012) 1920x1080\127 Hours (2012) 1920x1080.mp4

-or-

Y:\127 Hours (2012) x264-1080p\127 Hours (2012) x264-1080p.mp4

TMM is technically more informative about the specs of the movie, but to me the EMM way looks cleaner and is informative enough for me.

From my experience with TMM so far those are my only 2 complaints, and really the only 2 things that are keeping me from switching over right now. If I am somehow missing an option or something that would let me get the results that I want please let me know, otherwise I will keep hoping my requests make it into a future build.

Edit:

Found something else lacking that I use on a regular basis.

When I copy a movie from wherever it is to the "Movies" folder where my currenlt library is, when using EMM I don't need to put it into its own folder first. When I update the DB in EMM, it will sort any movies that are not currently in folders into their own folders (just using the same file name as the video file) and then run the renaming mechanism.

So

Y:\Pacific.Rim.x264-1080p.mp4

gets moved and renamed to

Y:\Pacific Rim (2013) 1080p\Pacific Rim (2013) 1080p.mp4

automatically. Very helpful when copying multiple movies over at once, since it saves me the step of putting each movie in its own folder myself.

Also, something I just noticed. When updating the TMM database after adding new movies, there is no option to show only a list of "new" movies like in EMM. This can be overcome just by sorting the list by addition date, but that's not as elegant of a solution.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
Hi,

I am glad to hear some EMM users found their way to tMM Smile
We've put almost a year into development (in our spare time), so tMM won't have all features, EMM got over several years - but we are eager implementing (almost) everything the community wants.. (for free Tongue)

Point 1) The TV show section is a bit put into second place (our primary aim was the movie section), but we are already improving it. Renaming TV shows (especially episodes) is more complicated than renaming movies - here we do not have as much free room as with movies. That's why the TV show renamer isn't that configurable (also to guard our users, because renaming is one of our critical tasks, where you could destroy your library).
But I will definitely have a look at the renaming options for TV shows.

Point 2) I already started work on this but unfortunately I forgot to finish it (my poor brain) - It will be in the next release

Point 3) I didn't even know of this feature Smile (I did not have a look at EMM for 2 years now - since I switched to linux). We will have a look at this, because this looks to be a nice feature!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
addendum 3)
in movie settings, we have the "detect multiple movies per folder" feature.
You might want to tick that, so TMM recognises them.
They won't be automatic renamed, though, you still have to do this on your own (or automat the process via command line)
(we wont do that automatically - some of the users prefer this lightweigth style)

4) sorting new movies
well, yes, it could be improved....
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Honestly, the TV renaming feature can wait as long as it needs to. There are other solutions for that. Having the ability to rename movies in the same scheme as I already use with EMM, also having TMM automatically sort new movies into individual folders would be my #1 request.

Also, after toying around with TMM a little more I found that it did something that I have been requesting for *ages* to be put into EMM. TV shows that have had episodes added since the last update now show up differently (green)! I don't update my EMM library for every episode that gets added via SickBeard etc, so tracking them down sometimes can be a pain. Thanks for already taking care of that! In that same vein, if it could be possible to show in the root TV list if there is a show that contains episodes that are missing either nfos or thumbnails. Sometimes SickBeard will download an episode before a thumbnail shows up on TheTVdb and it can be a pain to track down which ones are missing later on. Again another OCD issue, but if it could be put in I know I would personally appreciate it.
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
Point 1 and 2 should be in the actual release Wink
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2013-10-09, 14:42)mlaggner Wrote: Point 1 and 2 should be in the actual release Wink

They are and they look exactly like what I was looking for. Thank you! At this point TMM is almost a do-all tool for how I add media to my library except for the option to automatically sort new movies in the "root" folder into individual folders and then rename both the folder and the media files.

I know you stated that some users prefer the lightweight style of doing this through the command line or by hand, but personally the process I have gotten used to with EMM is what I prefer. Obviously I'm not looking to have this behavior forced on the people who want to use TMM, but having the option to do this (like in EMM, it is also optional there) would be great.

I also wouldn't be anticipating this feature to be implemented immediately if you decide to put it in at all, I'm sure it is much more complicated an addition than my previous requests. But as a new fan of TMM, I know I would at least appreciate it as I'm sure others would as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want to move to TMM from EMM but...0