OS X DVD loud...
Sad 
I've set up a xbmc frodo on a Mac Mini (4.1, OS X 10.8.5), no add ons, no changes - just "out off the box".

When i put a video-dvd in the drive of the mac, it's possible to start it, but difficult to navigate.
The greatest problem is the great noise of the dvd being spun at a high rate (?)...

Playing the same dvd with the OS X dvd-player is no problem at all.

At the moment the "all in" solution of xbmc is not useable, the acceptance of other (female Wink ) users is zip...

What's wrong?

Tnx,
crisb
If you are able to compile on your own you can build this tool and set the speed of the drive:

https://github.com/andrewffff/osx-dvd-speed

Else you need to wait until i have time to look into integrating something like that into XBMC for OSX.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
could you test if this does anything good?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...d-i386.dmg

I only have a hackbook where the dvd drive speed can't be adjusted (even dvdplayer fails on that)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I tested, but no new options / not quieter playing DVDs, sorry.

(Can't compile on my own...)

crisb
Means it doesn't work ... sorry - looks nit like there is a straight forward solution. there is no official way in osx for setting the dvd drive spin speed. (and the inofficial way does nothing for you)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD loud...0