External Player support fix (MX Player and others)
(2013-10-25, 19:18)freakoutguy Wrote: Do I have to uninstall my XAF build and install your custom XBMC build (as outlined) and follow all tyhe outlined steps for this to work, or can I just create the playercorefactory file as recommeded by you and edit ?

It depends on your issues. My xml is probably the same as the one from the XAF build anyway. My fix will not magically fix issues you have with MX Player, it only fixes the fact that MX Player refuses to start in the latest xbmc.
I do not exactly know what the XAF build does, but the fact that the binary is twice as big as a regular build prevent me from using it on most my devices. For the rest, the choice is yours.

(2013-11-01, 21:09)Romout Wrote: Hi wololo,

This is my first post on this forum. I have tried your patch build binaries with an Amerry Android Stick (V2). I have taken your playercorefactory.xml and wanted to stream files from my NAS using Samba. As XBMC always used the internal player, I figured out that your xml does mention known problems of MXPlayer concerning Samba and therefore routing SMB to DVDPlayer. I changed that to the MXPlayer but that instantly dropped me back to the desktop when ever I wanted to start a movie. I then switched to VLCPlayer with the same outcome.

Now here comes the interesting part: I added a player configuration for the android gallery with exactly the same behavior (drop back to desktop) but I would have expected that to work as it actually does work using ES Explorer + Network/Samba connection to my NAS. I have chosen the gallery to view the very same movie and it did run like a charm.

Do you have any further ideas on how I could overcome that issue?
It is possible streaming files requires a different intent for MX Player or VLC... but I am not sure. Keep in mind this is basically my first time looking in the xbmc code, and my first time compiling anything for Android, so I am definitely not an expert.
Hi wololo,

I installed your apk on my android tv box (ugoos ut1) and pushed your playercorefactory.xml into my device. everything went well and i can watch video files from usb with mx player, but when i tried to open video file via nfs. it crashed and returned me to the box home screen. Do you familiar with this problem?

Thanks,

Itzik
Great work. Curious about two things:

1. How does it handle streaming internet movies and live feeds?
2. How about internet streamind HD content?

Does it fire the internal player or MX?
Thanks, I'm anxious to try this. Do you know if mxplayer supports dvr-ms files (mpeg2 files @ 1080p/30i)? The one time I tried with the default player, XBMC crashed.
I've been looking for this fix forever and it works great with all the HD stuff but for some reason pretty much all of the live streams don't work now. Any idea why ?
thanks bro it work for me, but how to load subtitles
(2013-11-26, 06:02)mat_tepets Wrote: thanks bro it work for me, but how to load subtitles
ok, just google, found subslauncher from play store and it works Big Grin
The patch from wololo (with some modifications) has been merged to master (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/10f6...ddb5366d1f ).

Thanks to him for his patience Wink
(2013-12-02, 13:57)Koying Wrote: The patch from wololo (with some modifications) has been merged to master (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/10f6...ddb5366d1f).

Thanks to him for his patience Wink

Link doesn't work
how to make archos player to work with it?
nvm, mod please delete this.
I'm sorry to ask something, that might be a stupid question, but can someone clarify:

Is Wololo's version of XBMC still the one to use for MX Player, or has that functionality been incorporated into the latest stable official release from 24 December 2013?
(2014-01-12, 19:30)mashdk Wrote: I'm sorry to ask something, that might be a stupid question, but can someone clarify:

Is Wololo's version of XBMC still the one to use for MX Player, or has that functionality been incorporated into the latest stable official release from 24 December 2013?

There is no need for an external player. Just install latest nightly
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Perfect! Thank you very much!
Hi

I run tvheadend in the UK with DVB-S2 streams. I have a K-R42 with wassers 1.2.5 rom. The XBMC version from wololo is the only one that runs my HD TV streams effectively.

I download and test each android gotham nightly but the picture quality with HW decoding enabled is far poorer than using MX player and the nightly stutters horribly with the HD TV streams.

I have also tested the playercore config with gotham nightlies and they do not trigger unlike the wololo version.

I am not sure why this is happening but if this is fixed XBMC is awesome on the relatively cheap rockchip mali android tv boxes.

wololo I would love to see a patched version of the gotham beta 2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External Player support fix (MX Player and others)1