• 1(current)
ChromeCast for XBMC
I've been looking into how I can contribute code-wise to this project and was wondering if anyone was working on (or whether it would even be possible) to interface XBMC with ChromeCast, it looks interesting. I don't own one yet but if it's a possiblity I'll pick one up and get to work. Anyone have any info let me know please!
I'm not even sure how the two would interface. Or why they would, may be a better question.
http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?action=...order=desc
Looking into it, it would be cool.
The debate among users mostly has been whether to push content from XBMC to a Chromecast device or to have XBMC itself act as the Chromecast receiver. I, personally, am far more interested with XBMC as the receiver, given that I already have XBMC boxes on my TV and the TVs of all my family members. But you could probably attempt working on it from either direction.
I'm thinking about pushing content from XBMC to ChromeCast. Going to do some further research, if anyone has anything they're working on already please let me know.
Have you searched? There are already a few threads.

I posted a howto on setting up am xbmc machine as a receiver.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So you guys want to build a Chromecast app into XBMC to essentially simulate the device? Then clicking the button in Chrome would send the media to your HTPC? Because yeah, that would be cool.

I guess what some people are thinking, cost wise, would be to attach a Chromecast Dongle to their TV sets and use a tablet or something to stream the media.

Eitherway, yeah. I was being unimaginative.
Exactly, that's what I'd like: to be able to attach a ChromeCast Dongle to my television and stream to it from my other XBMC devices.
(2013-10-16, 22:44)Eleazar Coding Wrote: Exactly, that's what I'd like: to be able to attach a ChromeCast Dongle to my television and stream to it from my other XBMC devices.

Me too, that would be great.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-10-26, 09:48)lartomar2002 Wrote:
(2013-10-16, 22:44)Eleazar Coding Wrote: Exactly, that's what I'd like: to be able to attach a ChromeCast Dongle to my television and stream to it from my other XBMC devices.

Me too, that would be great.

I would love that too so the wife could send XMBC content from her tablet to a bigger TV screen.
Why don't you just put XBMC where it is designed to be - on an HTPC attached to your TV by an HDMI cable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-19, 11:07)nickr Wrote: Why don't you just put XBMC where it is designed to be - on an HTPC attached to your TV by an HDMI cable.

well with an attitude like yours XBMC would still be just for XBOX.

don't you understand technology advances and peoples needs and uses change overtime? If there is a demand for chromecast support then there is a demand for chromecast support.

I hope the devs at XBMC don't have the same viewpoint you do and push the boundaries a bit and have ambition for the future of XBMC.
I would like it to work the other way as I have 4 Raspberry PIs in the house. I would like to open the Netflix app on my phone or tablet and send the video to one of the TVs. Man, I wish Netflix would run on linux.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
(2013-11-19, 20:19)w84no1 Wrote: Man, I wish Netflix would run on linux.
It does. Try pipelight.

(2013-11-19, 16:02)krish_2k4 Wrote:
(2013-11-19, 11:07)nickr Wrote: Why don't you just put XBMC where it is designed to be - on an HTPC attached to your TV by an HDMI cable.

well with an attitude like yours XBMC would still be just for XBOX.

don't you understand technology advances and peoples needs and uses change overtime? If there is a demand for chromecast support then there is a demand for chromecast support.

I hope the devs at XBMC don't have the same viewpoint you do and push the boundaries a bit and have ambition for the future of XBMC.
Actually I think it is google who is preventing what you want by having a closed shop for this.

Also see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1554330
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeCast for XBMC1