Win Can't select albums or artist on Xbox 360
Bug 
I downloaded XBMC today and added all of my files to it. My problem is that when browsing on Xbox 360, I can see all of the album names and artist names but I can't select any of them - pressing A literally does nothing.

I don't recieve any errors when I do this; however, I can play my music fine when browsing songs. The problem with this is that I have to search through every one of my songs every time I want to play one!

I've searched the forums and Google and I can't find anything Sad

Also I should add that everything appears correctly in the library within the program itself, its just on the Xbox that I'm having problems
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Not clear from your post: Did you install XBMC on the XBOX itself or did you install it on a PC and you're trying to access the PC files on your XBOX?
Sorry sir, I have it installed on my Windows PC and I'm trying to access the media on my Xbox 360

Another thing, I cant select genres or saved playlists either, only the actual songs
Bump
Bump!!
I don't think that using your 360 as a media extender has anything to do with XBMC. It's probably Windows Media Center you want..?

Or are you browsing on your pc and your 360 shows up in XBMC as a source?
No mate. Basically I have XBMC Installed on my Windows PC. I want to play music on my Xbox 360 from my pc throuigh XBMC. I can already do it with PS3 Media sever but the problem with that is that it doesnt sort the albums properly etc.
bump
bump haha
Add me to this one, i just installed XBMC on my Windows 7 laptop in an attempt to stream music to my Xbox 360 and have the exact same problem as the OP. To clarify, i have enabled uPnP through XBMC on my PC and i can see the server just fine on my 360, i select it and it will display a list of all my artists and albums but when i press the A button on any of them, nothing happens. Even weirder is i can go to the songs menu on the 360 where it will display a list of all my songs, i CAN select a song and play it from this list just like the OP said! Did you ever solve this problem impc?
I found one other thread from January of 2013 where someone had the same problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151677
I'll take it as a bad sign that neither that thread nor this one ever got solutions (or replies for that matter). I haven't tried any video playback like mentioned in that earlier thread, but he said it played fine so i think ill test that out to see if it works on mine as well just for comparison sake.
Sorry for the triple post but i've found a way to get it working... kind of. On the 360 if you bring up the Guide and go to the media tab, at the bottom youll see the media controls as well as an option to select music. Selecting that option brings you to a similar interface to that of the dashboard system music player with the same options (Artist, Album, Songs, Genre, etc.). I've found you can go down 1 level in each directory, i.e. if you are browsing artists and hit A on one of them, it will display all of his or her albums. But try to select one of those albums and it will send back an error message. However if you go to the Albums category and select an album it will display the songs contained within that album allowing you to do a 'Play All'. So it kind of works, but not really. Something better than nothing though.
(2014-01-25, 11:43)Tillbe Wrote: I found one other thread from January of 2013 where someone had the same problem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=151677
I'll take it as a bad sign that neither that thread nor this one ever got solutions (or replies for that matter). I haven't tried any video playback like mentioned in that earlier thread, but he said it played fine so i think ill test that out to see if it works on mine as well just for comparison sake.

I updated to 12.3 today and was reminded of this, found this thread. Glad to see I'm not alone, as you noticed my thread got nothing. Still have the same issue, just as Tillbe describes. Video library streaming works fine, no issues.
Same here, I have this problem since the UPNP-Server of XBMC has been completly rewritten (was it DHARMA?).
It's much faster now to browse the content, but i'm not able to play albums or interprets.
I tried this in 13.1 and got the same thing. I filed a bug report which you can see at http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15307

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't select albums or artist on Xbox 3600