Object reference not set
I am getting error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" on some movies.

Also I having issues with my old posters and fanart. I have used format <movie>.jpg and <movie>-fantart.jpg before. Now that I have renamed all <movie>.jpg to <movie>-poster.jpg, not all movies are being picked up by EMM. I am running version 1.3.0.16.
(2013-10-13, 17:23)menan Wrote: I am getting error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" on some movies.

Also I having issues with my old posters and fanart. I have used format <movie>.jpg and <movie>-fantart.jpg before. Now that I have renamed all <movie>.jpg to <movie>-poster.jpg, not all movies are being picked up by EMM. I am running version 1.3.0.16.

Please post allways the complete error log.

The correct "*-poster.jpg" filenaming is a little tricky:

.\Avatar\VIDEO_TS.ifo
.\Avatar\poster.jpg
.\Avatar\fanart.jpg

.\Avatar\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.ifo
.\Avatar\poster.jpg
.\Avatar\fanart.jpg

.\Avatar\BDMV\index.ifo
.\Avatar\poster.jpg
.\Avatar\fanart.jpg
Wink 
I have been getting the error a lot lately. I downloaded an update and still get the same thing. I am currently using version 1.3.0.17. Not sure if the error i am seeing is user related or not =)

I have copied the error log below

Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetMovieFolderContents(MovieContainer& Movie)
Date/Time: 11/8/2013 7:47:07 PM
===========================================================================================

StackTrace: at EmberAPI.Database.Clean(Boolean CleanMovies, Boolean CleanTV, String source)
Date/Time: 11/8/2013 7:48:26 PM
===========================================================================================
Error message i found from a few days ago

http://pastebin.com/atLipEj4
@ksman : please do not post logs directly on the thread , you should always post the logs on xbmclogs or pastebin and just post the url here

Dan the same error keeps happening with me as well. Have done a fresh install
Native or TMDB scraper?
Dan,

mine is currently set at native.
native as well ! if I reinstall then all goes well for the first scrape..If I shut-down ember & then do a re scrape for another or same movie then again it gives the error of "object reference ".
Solved @ least ATM for me, When i looked at my log.. the object refrence error was due to the fact that I had ticked "Enable Click Scrape " AND " ask on click scrape " whilst running in automated command line and hence was throwing up this error. As I unclicked Ask on click to scrape this error was no more. Hope this helps for you too
I've been getting the same errors for a little while. Ember will scrape one or two movies and then errors start. This happens each and every time.

Log is at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=85722

Hope someone is able to shed some light please!
spoke too soon. if I make any changes in ember then do a commandline scrape , the first one runs fine but then reverts back to this error.
Dan / Cocotus / Savazzi could any of you reproduce this error ? I am really stumped as to what could be causing this .. need your help guys
Please tell me your command line, i will do test it.
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all

this is the error log
StackTrace: at EmberScraperModule.ScrapeImages.GetPreferredImage(Images& Image, String IMDBID, String TMDBID, ImageType iType, ImgResult& imgResult, String sPath, Boolean doETs, Boolean doAsk)
Date/Time: 18/11/2013 02:23:20
unchecking image cache in settings has solved this problem for me !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Object reference not set0