• 14(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
(2014-01-28, 23:29)smacrae Wrote: hmm, tried that and it's working....however I had an odd situation whereby my main client (lounge room HTPC) isn't showing all items is movies...when I list "All Movies" it only shows "Unwatched Movies" and also when I list by "Recently Released" it again isn't showed watched items....do you know what I could be doing wrong? Is there a way I can reset the client from scratch or clear cached data or something? Thanks...

-SM

My guess is you switched all/unwatched filter button in left side menu and forgot about it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Crap, you're right sorry....my son must have played with that setting when trying to access Despicable Me! He's only 2 but seems to be able to mess things up fantastically ;-)

What version should be showing in Amber (Gotham) these days?

Thanks

-SM
(2014-01-29, 04:38)smacrae Wrote: What version should be showing in Amber (Gotham) these days?

1.5.8 is current release.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks Pecinko...all good...
(2014-02-01, 09:15)millercentral Wrote: Hello. I am really enjoying the Amber skin (Gotham version in my case) and I would like to see the PlexBMC features everyone talks about, but for some reason I can't get the integration to work,

Is there a basic guide on how to integrate PlexBMC with Amber Gotham?

I have the Addon installed (the one from the PlexBMC thread - version 3.4.3), but I don't see how to add it to the Home screen menu, right now it just appears in the AddOns > Videos area, with no skin integration features. The PlexBMC area of the Amber Skin Settings dialog is blank. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong,

Thanks for any help!

In vertical home layout - press left when settings is highlighted in main menu, choose go plex/(go xbmc to go back)
in horizontal home - press down when settings is highlighted in main menu, choose go plex/(go xbmc to go back)

settings / plexbmc should show your library sections and you can turn them on/off here. Useful when you have active profiles and want to hide kid's/adult's content from active profile. I should have made that more obvious.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Aha! I had somehow removed Settings from the main menu (it was only available from the Quit menu) and it was not an option to renable... However after I reset all skin settings we are back in business. Thanks!!
Hi,
Just tried to update my XBMC with latest release of PleXBMC and now, this is the error I am getting. Would someone have an idea? Thanks.
Got latest XBMC night build (GOTHAM)
PleXBMC 3.4.3
And Amber's latest skin from githubs
Code:
11:05:19 T:4467077120   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/celestianx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 5162, in <module>
                                                amberskin()
                                              File "/Users/celestianx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 3740, in amberskin
                                                for section in getAllSections(server_list):
                                              File "/Users/celestianx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 595, in getAllSections
                                                section_details =  getServerSections( server['server'], server['port'] , server['serverName'], server['uuid'])
                                              File "/Users/celestianx/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.plexbmc/default.py", line 513, in getServerSections
                                                tree = etree.fromstring(html).getiterator("Directory")
                                              File "<string>", line 84, in XML
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2014-02-02, 12:10)celestianx Wrote: Hi,
Just tried to update my XBMC with latest release of PleXBMC and now, this is the error I am getting. Would someone have an idea? Thanks.
Got latest XBMC night build (GOTHAM)
PleXBMC 3.4.3
And Amber's latest skin from githubs

Yeah. This one happens sometimes. You may try a older version until I make a fix. http://skins.smartplus.cz/pedja-xbmc/plexbmc/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks again for making my favorite skin Smile. I just installed the latest Gotham nightly build, PleXBMC 3.4.3, and Amber 1.5.8. Everything seems to be working great, but I noticed that the Album covers do not display on the tracklisting view for an album. The covers show up fine on the Albums view, but not for tracklisting/songlisting view. The All Tracks view displays the respective album cover for each track, but no cover is displayed when a specific album's tracklisting view is selected. Just displays a generic Plex icon/logo.
Trying your skin out with PleXMBC / Gotham.
Everything seems to work well.
Are you considering custom sub-menus on Home screen?
Also, when entering TV Shows, it takes you to another menu... would it be possible to go directly to titles listing?
(although Custom menus and custom sub-menus would allow me to fix that).
Thanks!
(2014-02-08, 22:20)Bitwize360 Wrote: Thanks again for making my favorite skin Smile. I just installed the latest Gotham nightly build, PleXBMC 3.4.3, and Amber 1.5.8. Everything seems to be working great, but I noticed that the Album covers do not display on the tracklisting view for an album. The covers show up fine on the Albums view, but not for tracklisting/songlisting view. The All Tracks view displays the respective album cover for each track, but no cover is displayed when a specific album's tracklisting view is selected. Just displays a generic Plex icon/logo.

Will fix, thanks.

(2014-02-10, 18:04)JDizzy Wrote: Trying your skin out with PleXMBC / Gotham.
Everything seems to work well.
Are you considering custom sub-menus on Home screen?
Also, when entering TV Shows, it takes you to another menu... would it be possible to go directly to titles listing?
(although Custom menus and custom sub-menus would allow me to fix that).
Thanks!

What do you need in submenus? I think there's an option to skip filters page and flatten tv shows already. Does this solve your problem?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-02-11, 12:47)pecinko Wrote: What do you need in submenus? I think there's an option to skip filters page and flatten tv shows already. Does this solve your problem?

Would be nice if we could edit/add submenu on all main menu items.
In Music I like to add custom playlist buttons so you just click and music starts playing.
Under TV Shows I like to add PseudoTV Live
I would like to add Collections under Movies menu.
etc, etc

As it is now, you can edit main menu items, but not submenu.
Thanks
(2014-02-11, 18:49)JDizzy Wrote:
(2014-02-11, 12:47)pecinko Wrote: What do you need in submenus? I think there's an option to skip filters page and flatten tv shows already. Does this solve your problem?

Would be nice if we could edit/add submenu on all main menu items.
In Music I like to add custom playlist buttons so you just click and music starts playing.
Under TV Shows I like to add PseudoTV Live
I would like to add Collections under Movies menu.
etc, etc

As it is now, you can edit main menu items, but not submenu.
Thanks

Collections I can add to submenu. The other two you can add to favorites shelf?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2014-02-11, 19:47)pecinko Wrote: Collections I can add to submenu. The other two you can add to favorites shelf?

Yes, don't worry about it.
Thanks!
Pecinko,
Thank You for all your help!
I hope that you will maintain PleXBMC and keep it working and alive.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2