• 112(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
(2014-11-10, 15:19)feuille_de_lune Wrote: Yes, I use dvdplayer and I've my mpeg2 and vc1 licenses. This problem is always present but stronger when OSD is active.
I tried the 3 methods of desinterlacing and only the total suits with French TV.
The "half" method make the video going faster and slow down many times by minutes.

Do you get this effect with recordings? Can you upload a sample file?
(2014-11-10, 19:58)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-10, 15:19)feuille_de_lune Wrote: Yes, I use dvdplayer and I've my mpeg2 and vc1 licenses. This problem is always present but stronger when OSD is active.
I tried the 3 methods of desinterlacing and only the total suits with French TV.
The "half" method make the video going faster and slow down many times by minutes.

I'll try to record a tv show and see if I've still this effect on viewing recorded file.
(2014-11-10, 19:58)popcornmix Wrote:

It didn't affect the reccords and I upgraded to the 10th of november release, it works really better.
Now I'm looking for my tuner problems. I've some errors on my rpi that I haven't on my TV with the same cable. I Don't know yet if it comes from my usb tuner or if it's from software.
Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 11 + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog

Newclock4 additions:
• squash: try with 1 second threshold for resetting demuxer when audio/video out of sync
• add canseek and drop unused rtmp options
• [resamplepi] Try to report the same numbers as ffmpeg

Additional:
• Updated libnfs to 1.9.5
• Don´t strip any binaries (test)

GPU firmware from Nov 07 included

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi*.sh as explained here!

If not already enabled, download and run enable-kodi2:
Code:
wget http://goo.gl/G4EG8M --no-check-certificate -O enable-kodi2.sh
sudo sh enable-kodi2.sh
To install Kodi build, SSH to Pi:
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141111-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/kVXJQo --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141111-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141111-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141111-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info

@popcornmix
Playback does not seem to stop at the end of any video, it seems to always get stuck 2 seconds prior to the end of the video.
Still possible to stop it manually though.

Edit: This commit is not inlcluded (if it matters).
(2014-11-11, 22:57)miappa Wrote: Playback does not seem to stop at the end of any video, it seems to always get stuck 2 seconds prior to the end of the video.

omxplayer and/or dvdplayer? Do you know which build this first started occurring?
(2014-11-12, 00:05)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-11-11, 22:57)miappa Wrote: Playback does not seem to stop at the end of any video, it seems to always get stuck 2 seconds prior to the end of the video.

omxplayer and/or dvdplayer? Do you know which build this first started occurring?

Didn't happen on the 6th or the 9th builds. didn't try the 10th but does it on the latest.

Cheers
Spart

UPDATE

Just tested the 10th following a reboot and that plays fine does not get stuck at the end.
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Only in latest build from today, and only tested with OMX.
Tested with previous build on another Pi and it worked (playback stopped), updated and could easily reproduce it (stuck at exactly 2 seconds before end of video).
Log: http://pastebin.com/xYWJF4FH
(2014-11-12, 00:05)popcornmix Wrote:

I can confirm this on XBian.

Last working one is from 20141109 (didn't build on the 10th): (dpkg.log) 2014-11-12 02:24:18 upgrade xbian-package-xbmc-master:armhf 14.0~20141109.git3d9dbc2-1 14.0~20141111.gitbd7da38-1

Well, for me it's 3 seconds, but I'm not sure that it actually matters: when this happens CodecInfo reports that the audio fifo and queue (af, aq) go negative and keep increasing.
Testing with MKVs with a H.264 video stream and AC3 5.1 audio with passthrough. With passthrough disabled it is random during the last 30 seconds, same CodecInfo audio weirdness though.
I wasn't able to reproduce with DVDPlayer.
Updated Helix build, Kodi master from Nov 12 (last commit) + newclock4 commits.

Kodi Master:
Master changelog

Newclock4 additions:
• MMAL: Use Component Logging
• IMX: Use Component Logging
• VDPAU: Component Logging
• VAAPI: Use Component Logging
• add component logging for video
• [dvdplayer] Update originaldts while audio and video are out of sync
• use extended progress bar for library clean
• do database clean on thread
• dvdplayer: videocodec ffmpeg - fix timestamps and colorspace
• dvdplayer: allow rewinding at end of stream, do a seek after rewind
• dvdplayer: avoid short screen flicker caused by unnecessary reconfigu… …
• add canseek and drop unused rtmp options

GPU firmware from Nov 07 included

NB! To be able to run this build you must first run enable-kodi*.sh as explained here!

Code:
sudo sh enable-kodi2.sh
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141112-nc4.tar.gz http://goo.gl/czB1iM --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141112-nc4.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141112-nc4/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141112-nc4/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

See post #1 for more info

@popcornmix
The issue reported on last build seems fixed. At least I have not been able to reproduce yet.
(2014-11-12, 20:11)miappa Wrote: @popcornmix
The issue reported on last build seems fixed. At least I have not been able to reproduce yet.

Yes, I worked out from the bug reports where it probably was, and fixed an error.
Didn't have a Pi with me to test, but added to my tree (and to PR).
Good to hear the fix worked! (as the PR just got merged)
Is the reboot and shutdown fix?
(2014-11-12, 21:30)expandables Wrote: Is the reboot and shutdown fix?

Nope.
Shutdown Issue:

I've done some testing on quite a few of the previous builds.

xbmc-14-20140801-nc4.tar.gz - shutdown and reboot working 100%
kodi-14-20140804-nc3.tar.gz - shutdown causes xbmc to restart.

I've got the debug logs for the working and none working builds but they don't seem to show what's causing it. The only difference I see on the working logs which is not on the failed logs:

Code:
08:53:09 T:2888672320    INFO: CZeroconfAvahi::clientCallback: client failure. avahi-daemon stopped? Recreating client...
08:53:09 T:3039314992   DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDll(libcurl.so.4)
08:53:09 T:3039314992   DEBUG: Unloading: /libcurl.so.4
08:53:09 T:2888672320    INFO: CZeroconfAvahi::clientCallback: avahi server not available. But may become later...
08:53:09 T:2888672320    INFO: CZeroconfAvahi::clientCallback: client failure. avahi-daemon stopped? Recreating client...

Also the one build is xbmc - the other is kodi.

Working: http://pastebin.com/A4GS2iV9
Not working: http://pastebin.com/WPSZYjmq

Hopefully there is enough info here to work out what could be causing the issue. I've taken a look at the changelogs but its pretty much all Greek to me Smile
I have been testing a lot of stuff regarding the reboot/shutdown issue without results.
So I decided to test a "clean" build from master, and that seems to work.

The following is only to test the reboot/shutdown issue, or if you really want a build from recent master (from today):

Code:
sudo sh enable-kodi2.sh
Code:
wget -O kodi-14-20141113-master.tar.gz http://goo.gl/ak7vU7 --no-check-certificate
pv kodi-14-20141113-master.tar.gz | tar xzf - -C /home/pi/.upgrade
sudo cp /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141113-master/{fixup_x.dat,start_x.elf} /boot
ln -sfn /home/pi/.upgrade/kodi-14-20141113-master/xbmc-bcm /home/pi/.xbmc-current
sudo reboot

@kl1k
I really appreciate the effort. Unfortunately this issue was reported first time on the 0711 build, later confirmed on even earlier builds (IIRC).
But I will test your findings anyway, unfortunately they were from 2 different branches though (nc3 / nc4).
Thanks - tested and can confirm the shutdown problem has been resolved.

Interesting about the 0711 build - this one worked for me. I tested all the builds and the problem only popped up in 0804 and after. Very odd - seems to be fixed now though.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15